Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
That photo is from 75 minutes west of Calgary.

This is a discussion specifically around the Flames, and Calgary is very close to the mountains. Probably fair to say they are in or next to the foothills

I stand by what I said, like 99% of all your tourism stuff is of the mountains. Alberta is more Saskatchewan-like than it is BC.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Ledge And Dairy

Tkachuk going the other way makes sense since that would fit the whole "the flames locker room is tired of his bullshit" story that was going around last summer.

That's a hell of a haul for a guy we're not even sure will ever be 100% again
You are very out of touch if you think that issue is legitimate. The person who said that isn't even on the team anymore and the current team mentality is very high

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
I can't/won't believe it. Unless it actually goes through I don't see why Tkachuk is even in this trade conversation. That would be so, so, stupid.

If the Flames made Tkachuk available they'd get a massive haul. You don't need to include him in this trade.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
i wonder if the "former 1st rounder" is a cap dump like Zadorov and it was worded like that to make rumour more eye-catching (or Buffalo is trying to extract more value out of Vegas.... altho tbh even if it is Zadorov thats still an overpay by Calgary)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I stand by what I said, like 99% of all your tourism stuff is of the mountains. Alberta is more Saskatchewan-like than it is BC.
I'd agree to that, but it is a fact that Albertans enjoy the Rockies a lot. For most it's a bit of a drive, but it's doable. It is a benefit of living here. The vast majority live on the plains though, sure.

But this is off topic. I don't see the topography as a reason we aren't Canada's Texas. As an Albertan I see the similarities, but I also don't like being reduced to that. We aren't Texas. It just seems like lots of Central Canadians like to talk about the rest of Canada like that. Reduce them to some caricature

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
And the Niagara Region of Canada is nothing like the Falls itself. Yet it’s the most marketed place in the area. What’s your point? Of course Alberta will market the mountains, why wouldn’t you?

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Not a chance that is the offer... maybe 1 for 1 straight up but even then I wouldn't do it with the injury risk.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
You know these analysts don’t just make this up, right?

It’s funny that some Calgary fans thought that Tkachuk alone had more value :laugh:
Weekes has a history of making things up.

From Burke's book, when asked why he was late to practice, he lied about being robbed at gun point,
lied about being injured, this teammates had enough of him that Messier (then captain) had to force Burke to trade him away.
recently recently he broke that Kaprizov is signing in Russia that Kaprizov denied he ever wanted.

so yeah, I am skeptical that he has a source on this based on his character.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Benedict Kovalchuk

Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I'd agree to that, but it is a fact that Albertans enjoy the Rockies a lot. For most it's a bit of a drive, but it's doable. It is a benefit of living here. The vast majority live on the plains though, sure.

But this is off topic. I don't see the topography as a reason we aren't Canada's Texas. As an Albertan I see the similarities, but I also don't like being reduced to that. We aren't Texas. It just seems like lots of Central Canadians like to talk about the rest of Canada like that. Reduce them to some caricature
I'm born and raised from BC, so my angle is purely your tourism images lol. I know you guys aren't our Texas, nor a pack of hicks solely working in the oil fields. As much as BC and AB rib each other, I think we both got bones to pick with central Canada.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The Sabres definitely would of taken if true and why go vague as something like "former first round pick"?

Benedict Kovalchuk

Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
And the Niagara Region of Canada is nothing like the Falls itself. Yet it’s the most marketed place in the area. What’s your point? Of course Alberta will market the mountains, why wouldn’t you?
I'm from BC, so I don't take issue with your nudge of Niagara lol. That said, I'm just bugging AB for some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad