Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It says a former first round pick - that could be Gudbranson or Lewis as much as it could be someone younger or with upside. And the comment that it is an offer of two prospects could literally be anyone in the Flames protected list.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
hard to believe... I'm not reading this entire bullshit but...
... M. Tkachuk, Vilimaki, 2022/2023-1st, J. Pelletier, M. Coronato....

I'm thinking "former 1st rounder" might be Zadorov for salary reasons, and if they have a distinction with "former 1st rounder" and "prospects", it likely means the prospects are not former 1st rounders. The deal you have put here is basically the equivalent of 6-7 1st round picks for Eichel, which feels ridiculous. If the ask originally was "four first round pick" value, Tkachuk is worth at least 2 himself, plus a first and two B prospects might be the fourth first (plus Zadorov who can probably get a 3rd/4th at the deadline).

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
CGY: Eichel
TOR: Tkachuk
BUF: Marner

CGY gets rid of a player that probably won’t re-sign long-term and land the best player in the deal

TOR gets rid of a playoff dud and has the opportunity to sign Tkachuk to a slightly cheaper deal than Marner. Battle of Ontario would be extra spicy.

BUF gets rid of their unhappy star and lands a healthy star with term.

Obviously pieces can be added to even out the trade but this is my dream scenario and I don’t care who gets screwed over I just want to see the biggest trade of all time.
:clap:
Why doesn’t Buffalo do the deal with Calgary, then flip Tkachuk to Toronto for Marner. That way the end up with Marner, plus all the picks and prospects from Calgary

Last edited:

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I know Friedman is saying the Calgary thing is not what he’s hearing BUT curious all the reports are coming from ESPN. They got shafted on the entry draft by seravelli and I wouldn’t put it past the NHL to make sure they are the ones to break this to give them more street credit after they paid all that money for the deal. Thus Friedman may not be getting his usual direct inside info…

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If I'm Buffalo I'm making that trade in a heartbeat. They could probably move Tkachuk for a few firsts, or something similar. They could end up with 3 first rounders, 2 prospects and a former first rounder, whoever that is. That would be quite the haul.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
And when gets a 1 or 2 yr ruling than what? We are f***ed that’s what

the length of the arb deal is chosen by the party that did not elect arbitration. however, players in their final year of RFA status, which tkachuk will be for the 22/23 season, can only get a 1 year arb deal. so regardless of whether the flames take tkachuk to arbitration or vise versa, it'll be a 1 year deal that walks him to UFA.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Alberta is basically a wannabe Texas.
Actual photo of Not Texas.
OCZwaWQ9QXBp

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tkachuk going the other way makes sense since that would fit the whole "the flames locker room is tired of his bullshit" story that was going around last summer.

That's a hell of a haul for a guy we're not even sure will ever be 100% again

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
As a flames fan i would have no issue including Tkachuk. He doesn't have as much value as people think. He is expiring this season and has a 9 mill qualifying offer that takes him straight to ufa. If trading him means we can re-sign Gaudreau i would do it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: redfire11

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Former 1st rounder means one of Valimaki, Zary, Pelletier, or Coronato. Most likely Valimaki, as why would they then use the language "prospects" later. No one is going to include players like Zadarov and Gudbranson in the announcement of the trade. they are cap dumps.

The two prospects are not first rounders, as they would not have drawn the distinction between "former first rounder" and prospect.

The most likely offer IMO is:

Tkachuk
Valimaki
1st Rounder
2 Prospects who were not first rounders.

Buffalo may be retaining.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Have a hard time believing this. That's a ridiculous package for the Sabres to not accept.

Tkachuk
Valimaki
1st
Two other non-first round prospects

Edit: Oh Friedman shut this down. That makes much more sense.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I'm thinking "former 1st rounder" might be Zadorov for salary reasons, and if they have a distinction with "former 1st rounder" and "prospects", it likely means the prospects are not former 1st rounders. The deal you have put here is basically the equivalent of 6-7 1st round picks for Eichel, which feels ridiculous. If the ask originally was "four first round pick" value, Tkachuk is worth at least 2 himself, plus a first and two B prospects might be the fourth first (plus Zadorov who can probably get a 3rd/4th at the deadline).
ok, that sounds a lot better that what I was thinking... so not an overpayment from CGY... but I highly doubt that Zadorov wants to go back to BUF after asking his way out 4-5 yrs ago

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Former 1st rounder means one of Valimaki, Zary, Pelletier, or Coronato. Most likely Valimaki, as why would they then use the language "prospects" later. No one is going to include players like Zadarov and Gudbranson in the announcement of the trade. they are cap dumps.

The two prospects are not first rounders, as they would not have drawn the distinction between "former first rounder" and prospect.

The most likely offer IMO is:

Tkachuk
Valimaki
1st Rounder
2 Prospects who were not first rounders.

Buffalo may be retaining.
what about
Tkachuk
Zadarov
1st
c-prospect
c-prospect

for Eichel@25% retained plus conditions on games played, where buffalo's 2023 1st unprotected could be in play if Eichel is damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad