Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Yes because look at how much they are giving up. On top of that, Jack may not come back 100% healthy or not back at all because of his surgery
Okay what exactly are they giving up? Tkachuk is a great player, but he's certainly a tier or two below Eichel. A mid to late 1st? OK that's a nice piece. Beyond that there's very little clarity here. Who's the former 1st? What are the other prospects?
As for Eichel, we'll see. I'm not betting against a 25 year old having a good result from a surgery that typically has very good results. You're welcome to take the long odds, but let's not pretend your preferred outcome is the most likely.
Edit- Just to add. I do think the bones of this deal are pretty good for Buffalo given the situation they currently find themselves in, but make no mistake Buffalo is almost assured to be losing the best player in the deal by a fair margin.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The point of trading for Eichel is to improve your chances of winning the Cup... it doesn't make much sense to lose a major win-now piece in Tkachuk in order to do it

If you're Calgary, you want to trade for Eichel and have him play with Tkachuk on the top line...

It's ideal to keep Tkachuk, but the Flames could still win now without him. They're a better team with Eichel at centre than they are with Tkachuk at RW (remember, this isn't Tkachuk's favoured position, the Flames just force him there because they're overly deep at LW)

Monahan - Eichel - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Dube - Lindholm
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick
Lucic - x - x

Kylington - Tanev
Hanifin - Andersson
X - Gudbranson

PP1

EatBread
Eichel (RHS) - Lindholm (RHS) - Gaudreau (LHS)
Kylington

Still a far deadlier roster than anything Calgary has iced in the last three decades

Of course having Tkachuk on that top PP is even sicker, but teams have won with guys like Hornqvist and Killorn in that role, you don't need a Tkachuk calibre guy.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Okay what exactly are they giving up? Tkachuk is a great player, but he's certainly a tier or two below Eichel. A mid to late 1st? OK that's a nice piece. Beyond that there's very little clarity here. Who's the former 1st? What are the other prospects?
As for Eichel, we'll see. I'm not betting against a 25 year old having a good result from a surgery that typically has very good results. You're welcome to take the long odds, but let's not pretend your preferred outcome is the most likely.

The Sabres doctor is one of the leading DRs in the ADR field and he is against it, mostly because of the possibility of paralysis. Sounds like the Sabres are the ones betting against him having a good result.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He absolutely is. You just don't find bonafide 1C's. Eichel is worth more by default, but on top of that he's the better player.

I saw a player in 19-20 that was able to take games over. That player is no doubt going to score 90 pts in a 82 game season. Tkachuk's career high is 77 pts in a year where people in the top 6 had career years offensively. There's a significant difference between the two.

Health is a concern but I'm assuming he'll be healthy and return to form at some point. Besides, Tkachuk ain't making 7M for long.

I guess I haven't seen enough of Eichel but he's injury prone. I doubt he would be all that excited to play in Alberta though. I thought he wanted to play for a U.S team?

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
A "top 10 player" with a serious neck injury...
Your offer was two prospects and a first round pick. I could argue it's even less because offloading Lucic and Monahan would likely cost more than a pick but I equated them. That's not getting you Eichel.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The point of trading for Eichel is to improve your chances of winning the Cup... it doesn't make much sense to lose a major win-now piece in Tkachuk in order to do it

If you're Calgary, you want to trade for Eichel and have him play with Tkachuk on the top line...
It makes total sense if you get an upgrade on Tkachuk.
Next we'll trade Monny for McDavid to play on our 2nd line

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It's ideal to keep Tkachuk, but the Flames could still win now without him. They're a better team with Eichel at centre than they are with Tkachuk at RW (remember, this isn't Tkachuk's favoured position, the Flames just force him there because they're overly deep at LW)

Monahan - Eichel - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Dube - Lindholm
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick
Lucic - x - x

Kylington - Tanev
Hanifin - Andersson
X - Gudbranson

PP1

EatBread
Eichel (RHS) - Lindholm (RHS) - Gaudreau (LHS)
Kylington

Still a far deadlier roster than anything Calgary has iced in the last three decades

Of course having Tkachuk on that top PP is even sicker, but teams have won with guys like Hornqvist and Killorn in that role, you don't need a Tkachuk calibre guy.

Eichel on IR though for probably the rest of the year. So that will kind of suck after the start they have had. This year they will be worse

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Pull the trigger.
then Matt to blues for tarasenko plus some more stuff.
Tara then flipped elsewhere for more stuff.

Could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What does Buffalo really need? I’d they were to flip tkachuk

Buffalo needs ( not in any order)

a young prospect/ELC center ( makes sense in trading Eichel)
A power forward
Buffalo is loaded at LD with Dahlin, Power, Samuelson, Bryson, Johnson ( at Uni if Minnesota). On RD after thus season they just have Jokiharju. They have a coup,e ELCs in Lasksonen and Fitzgerald but I’m unsure if they will amount to anything more than bottom pair. Pre draft Dahlin played RD so he coukd shift to right and is doing that now. I think they have interest in a RD who has 3 years of team control and under 26.

buffalo is also deep in scoring wingers. They drafted 5 wingers in the first 2 rounds in the last 2 drafts. Quinn and Peterka drafted last year. Rosen in 1st this year and 2 Russians in the 2nd.

they have 3 prospect goalies. UPL is in year 3 of ELC. He was the goali who played for Finland in their WJC win. They drafted Portillo who us the starting goalie for Michigan and they acquired team Canada goalie from last year in Reinhart trade ( he’s playing in ncaa too)

in trading Eichel they are satisfying their needs and not taking back a player they don’t need like LD.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Jan 21, 2018
CGY: Eichel
TOR: Tkachuk
BUF: Marner

CGY gets rid of a player that probably won’t re-sign long-term and land the best player in the deal

TOR gets rid of a playoff dud and has the opportunity to sign Tkachuk to a slightly cheaper deal than Marner. Battle of Ontario would be extra spicy.

BUF gets rid of their unhappy star and lands a healthy star with term.

Obviously pieces can be added to even out the trade but this is my dream scenario and I don’t care who gets screwed over I just want to see the biggest trade of all time.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
I guess I haven't seen enough of Eichel but he's injury prone. I doubt he would be all that excited to play in Alberta though. I thought he wanted to play for a U.S team?

That’s too bad, given he’s 5 years away from signing his next contract and doesn’t currently have trade protections.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think this is bullshit.

when I say that, I mean this is an attempt to get Tkachuk to sign. An “or else” move.

"Sign with us or else we're going to stop trying to sign you and you can go wherever you want in a year"

Reactions: Shane Diesel

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Vegas can easily make the better package.

That is too much from Flames and it would set the Franchise back, also I don't see the ownership approving this deal.

But what is mostly about is, is some new comer wanting to become an insider.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Eichel on IR though for probably the rest of the year. So that will kind of suck after the start they have had. This year they will be worse

Doesn't really change much if they are hanging on to Dillon Dube. Their start has come with

Gaudreau (7 5v5 pts) - Lindholm (3 5v5 pts - Tkachuk (2 5v5 pts)
Mangiapane (6 5v5 pts) - Dube (4 5v5 pts) - Ritchie (0 5v5 pts)
Coleman (4 5v5 pts) - Backlund (3 5v5 pts) - Pitlick (1 5v5 pt)
Lucic (2 5v5 pts) - Monahan (0 5v5 pts) - Lewis (0 5v5 pts)

as their top 12 fwd group

and

Tkachuk (4 PP pts - netfront)
Gaudreau (1 PP pt) - Monahan (4 PP pts) - Lindholm (5 PP pts)
(4 PP pts)

Lucic (1 PP pt - netfront)
Backlund(1 PP pt) - Mangiapane (2 PP pts) - Dube(1 PP pt)
Hanifin - Dube(1 PP pt)

as their PP

Their PP1 could easily be shifted around with Monahan being moved to the Tkachuk position, Mangiapane being moved to the Monahan position, and then someone like Blake Coleman being moved to the Mangiapane position on PP2. Even Tampa's PP had to find a way to score without Kucherov last year, I think our PP can live without Tkachuk.

Reactions: Rockmorton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad