Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wouldn't trust him. He's your classic former player who wants press, so he trusts somebody feeding disinformation.

that could be. He’s broke many deals and signings. I trust him 100% that he was told that was the package. Now is the person who told him trust worthy? I have no idea.

I was just saying that I don’t think Weeks pulls BS from a hat and shares it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Weekes looks silly with this one.

Now fans are gonna expect a massive haul like this and when it's alot less, people will be outraged

I don't think anyone in Buffalo is expecting that kind of return honestly.

Fairytale stuff right there.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Could be an agent.
If I was the GM I wouldn't even tell the agent, none of his business if the player doesn't have trade protection.
Fine to let the player know the team is interested but no reason at all for the player or agent to know the details of what was being offered. If the deal doesn't go through it sours the relationship between the team and the players who were on the block, amateur hour stuff. Not a fan of Treliving but I don't think he is that stupid, I assume the leak is on the BUF end.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
that could be. He’s broke many deals and signings. I trust him 100% that he was told that was the package. Now is the person who told him trust worthy? I have no idea.

I was just saying that I don’t think Weeks pulls BS from a hat and shares it.
For sure. But he's not thinking too deeply or shrewdly about it. It never crosses his mind, 'hm I wonder if I'm actually scooping all the insiders on this one, that I'm THE guy they're leaking to.'

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Just can't see the return being Tkachuk + 4 fairly valuable futures pieces. If that offer was on the table, I don't know how Buffalo didn't accept it long ago.

Buffalo has already overplayed their hand. The return is going to be not at all that impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatass

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Just can't see the return being Eichel + 4 fairly valuable futures pieces. If that offer was on the table, I don't know how Buffalo didn't accept it long ago.

Buffalo has already overplayed their hand. The return is going to be not at all that impressive.

I have no idea where you're getting 4 valuable futures from. The former 1st could be a bust from ~5 years ago. The 2 additional prospects could be nobodies drowning in the deep end of Calgary's prospect pool. This tweet, even if entirely accurate, really doesn't tell you much about the value without any names included.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I mean can we call a trade where a team gets the best player moved in the last decade as a move that will "Destroy Calgary"?

Yes because look at how much they are giving up. On top of that, Jack may not come back 100% healthy or not back at all because of his surgery

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Given Eichel's injury, couldn't it be argued that Tkachuk has more trade value at this point?

I guess their respective contracts have to factor in, but still...

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad