Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

thanks and not shooting the messenger.

That said, no way this was offered even w/Eich at full max retained.

1. way too much
2. this is Eich, today, as is
this is not Eich post surgery, down the road, confirming he has returned to top form, which even that is not top 5 pivot.
3. Also, no conditional picks identified to protect Flames if Eichel's neck etc falls apart shortly after.

buyer beware

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
can't believe the flames would jeopardize such an excellent start to the season. I'm more inclined to believe the rumours to Vegas who are lacking a #1C.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It would be hilarious if the Flames got Eichel but Buffalo turned around and flipped Tkachuk to Vegas, who extends him 8 years at 7m.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Rumor probably leaked out of Buffalo management to get Vegas to up their offer. Got to think Buffalo stays on the phone while Calgary calls it in to the NHL offices if this is true. That plus whatever they get for Tkachuk is a massive haul for Eichel.

Reactions: Boxscore

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It would be hilarious if the Flames got Eichel but Buffalo turned around and flipped Tkachuk to Vegas, who extends him 8 years at 7m.

Knights need a center more than they need another winger.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Congratz? I'm talking about the people/attitudes, not geography.
LOL what? I've spent time in both Calgary and Houston and no..the people / attitudes are nothing alike.
Not sure if you drew that comparison from the fact that you might see someone on horseback in both places... but regardless, your ignorance is glaring and appalling.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Right now they need anyone with a pulse that can skate.

They don't need a winger who will try to take them to the cleaners when it comes to negotiating a new contract.

As a Sens fan, i lived with it with Brady and i guarantee that Matthew will be double the trouble.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Rumor probably leaked out of Buffalo management to get Vegas to up their offer. Got to think Buffalo stays on the phone while Calgary calls it in to the NHL offices if this is true. That plus whatever they get for Tkachuk is a massive haul for Eichel.

If the reported offer is significantly better than anything Vegas offered, wouldn't McPhee know it was a bullshit rumour since the Sabres didn't immediately accept it?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They don't need a winger who will try to take them to the cleaners when it comes to negotiating a new contract.

As a Sens fan, i lived with it with Brady and i guarantee that Matthew will be double the trouble.

I just said he signed a 7m 8 year extension in my fantasy. Chill.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Seems like a overpay from a flames perspective. Only reason I can see for trading Tkachuk is if they don’t feel that they can’t sign him, then you might as well turn him (and other assets) into 5 years of a top 10 center, possibly more if Eichel resigns. Just seems odd to mess with a team that is absolutely rolling right now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

No….

buffalo didn’t leak

this was leaked by flames to get Adams pressure to make a trade thinking the bid is TrueType 4+ first rounders when in fact it’s a bunch of busts.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I've been to Texas, I've been to Colorado, and I've lived in Alberta for 25 years.

We're far closer to Colorado culturally than Texas.

Texas is weird AF.

I've been to Texas - Dallas, Houston, Arlington. It's a really nice state but too busy for my liking. Lots of nice people in Texas.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I feel like Kevin Weekes is pretty reputable

If Tkachuk is being flipped that could drag on the process of a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad