Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Sam Reinhart re-signs with the Panthers (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
GMBA and the Yotes say hi. Got anymore of those 2nd round picks??

have no desire to move Horny, and I don’t understand anyone who does. Him stepping into the locker room completely changed the culture and it continues to. He’s still a beast in front of the net, still handles abuse well, and still annoys the shit out of the competition. He can take maintenance days and still get the guys going in the room.

love that he’s here and hope he plays his last game in a Panthers sweater.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good deal for Reinhard and Panthers though I assume they wished they could have gotten a year or two more

I expect Reinhart to have big year for Panthers

He was one of the few bright spots for Sabres in recent years

Reactions: hn777

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Hes cracked 60 points once. Just once....temper your expectations.
sounds like a certain 1C who's cracked 79 points once. just once....temper your expectations :sarcasm: many here agree AM is worth the cap hit, same as many here agreeing SR will be worth it even if he just maintains.

i personally think the stars are aligned for him to have a career year. no way to guarantee it.

only on hf do we need to temper our expectations for a player that has improved year over year playing for the one of the worst teams in the league. let's also ignore that he played against the hardest competition last year because it supports our predetermined bias.

I just cant

upload_2021-8-12_9-53-26.png

the dotted line is 2-year moving average

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-12_9-49-52.png
    upload_2021-8-12_9-49-52.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723 and jonlin

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
The deal is fine, but the term is odd. He had the option to sign his QO for 5.2M or sign long term (which he claimed was the reason he left Buffalo). Then he signs a 3 year deal. I guess the market just isnt there for wingers right now

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The deal is fine, but the term is odd. He had the option to sign his QO for 5.2M or sign long term (which he claimed was the reason he left Buffalo). Then he signs a 3 year deal. I guess the market just isnt there for wingers right now

I have a different take. He's 25, and he'll be 28 when the deal is up. That leaves him a chance for a big payday in his late 20's when, presumably, the cap will be a bit higher and he'll be a UFA on the open market.

Having grown up in a time when 5 year deals were very long, I hope we see more of these 3-4 year contracts. More player movement, or potential player movement, is more exciting come deadline day and offseason.

Reactions: Ghoste and Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I have a different take. He's 25, and he'll be 28 when the deal is up. That leaves him a chance for a big payday in his late 20's when, presumably, the cap will be a bit higher and he'll be a UFA on the open market.

Having grown up in a time when 5 year deals were very long, I hope we see more of these 3-4 year contracts. More player movement, or potential player movement, is more exciting come deadline day and offseason.

I think he wanted a fresh start somewhere else or maybe he just wanted more of a commitment from Buffalo that he hadn’t gotten. Zito was apparently able to talk him into a smaller window, at a good AAV, and he accepted. As said, this leaves room for another larger deal here or elsewhere, and it puts the Panthers in a position to have flexibility when a few deals expire. It’s a great deal for both sides.

Reactions: Ratsreign

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I think he was water boarded into signing this contract. 2 UFA years bought here. How much is Skinner making again?

This is bat s*** crazy. Congrats Panthers fans.
He only had ufa seasons left what else could this contract have bought.
Factoring in tax this is a 7 million dollar contract, I'm a big fan but this is just a normal contract with the term easily favouring the player

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa

I completely agree but his issue was the lack of long term contract. 2/3 year deals arent that. What if he hurts his neck and needs an experimental surgery and something goes wrong?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don't really understand the term here, from Reinhart's point of view.

IMO he easily could have got $6m+ on a long term deal. If he's was just trying to bridge to UFA then why not take one year of at least $5.2m (probably more from arbitration) and cash in next summer, after a season surounded by a much better team. He'll now be turning 29 when he signs his UFA contract. Maybe he's counting on those extra years allowing the cap to increase significantly (not that this seems to be stopping GMs from rolling out the money truck).

Or maybe he just doesn't care that much (he'll still probably clear $50m in his career) and this is the contract that worked for him and the team.

Reactions: Burnaby Schmo
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I completely agree but his issue was the lack of long term contract. 2/3 year deals arent that. What if he hurts his neck and needs an experimental surgery and something goes wrong?
What a what if that is. And if that situation arises, I guess he'll have to make do with the 30+ million he will have made in his career playing hockey.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

IMO he easily could have got $6m+ on a long term deal. If he's was just trying to bridge to UFA then why not take one year of at least $5.2m (probably more from arbitration) and cash in next summer, after a season surounded by a much better team. He'll now be turning 29 when he signs his UFA contract. Maybe he's counting on those extra years allowing the cap to increase significantly (not that this seems to be stopping GMs from rolling out the money truck).

Or maybe he just doesn't care that much (he'll still probably clear $50m in his career) and this is the contract that worked for him and the team.

I thought the exact same way as you, then concluded that Reinhart wants to be on a team that has a legitimate shot at going far in the playoffs. I think 3 years, along with the other few contracts signed to that same term by Z, is the window for Florida. Expect them to make noise in 22/23/24.

They gave Tampa Bay fits, and that was without Ekblad and Reinhart. This team is gonna be scary to watch.

Reactions: JP Mick

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I wanna provide the shoe.

Well, they are slides.

The cushion on these Ivy Park Beyonce slides my wife just bought got foams thicker than her booty. And she is latina.

So your wife has a huge butt? Congrats. I bet toilet paper is expensive.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thought the exact same way as you, then concluded that Reinhart wants to be on a team that has a legitimate shot at going far in the playoffs. I think 3 years, along with the other few contracts signed to that same term by Z, is the window for Florida. Expect them to make noise in 22/23/24.

They gave Tampa Bay fits, and that was without Ekblad and Reinhart. This team is gonna be scary to watch.

Without Ekblad, Reinhart and Lundell. Lundell is likely the best prospect not in NHL right now

Reactions: CraigsList

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Maybe he just wants some stability (and a nice paycheque) on a team he views as being a contender.

Reinhart's camp is probably hoping the flat cap era will be over by the time this deal is expired, and he can hit one more big contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad