Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Sam Reinhart re-signs with the Panthers (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'll eat my shoe insole if he breaks 40... I like Bennett, but he's not putting up numbers like that suddenly. It's morel ikely he gets pushed down the lineup.
He had 32 points in 53 games this year...

That's a 50 point pace, so it really wouldn't be all of that sudden, huh?

It might come as a shock to you, but playing a top 6 center in his natural position with other top 6 centers is going to lead to better results than playing him as a 4th line winger.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Panther fans might laugh now, but just wait a couple of years and they'll be in cap hell.
You might say: But if we buy or Hornqvist we can get Barkov signed. Sure, but then what about Huberdeau and Weegar the summer after that?
The respone will be:; Eh, I'm sure it will magically sort itself out!
Good luck with that....

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Panther fans might laugh now, but just wait a couple of years and they'll be in cap hell.
You might say: But if we buy or Hornqvist we can get Barkov signed. Sure, but then what about Huberdeau and Weegar the summer after that?
Good luck with that....
Rent free :naughty:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Good luck with that....

Move along…Nobody cares what you have to say.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Good luck with that....

Between Bob's buyout, and Hornqvist and Gudas contracts expiring, that's like 12M right there. Other contracts could be shed. Also, after 2023 the Yandle buyout hit goes down by 4M. Panthers will have no problem signing Huby. Weegar, we will see. If it's under 6M, we re-sign him. If he becomes a top 10 D in the game, then god bless him, we let him go
Its still worth it to go for it now.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Good luck with that....

I usual dont post often outside of our section.
But i can tell you some great News, our GM has already an Idea for it. Called our Main Goalie should be out till 2023, wait what year this might be.
Oh yeah its the Year the new Huberdeau contract would count it.Dont ask now how this might be happen, i dont know either. But that is the Plan of our GM to open Cap Space.

It really look alike that our new GM is an awesome good GM, in what he do. And has a focus on today and tomorrow.
So im not stressed yet, Gap will open when we need it.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
sounds like a certain 1C who's cracked 79 points once. just once....temper your expectations :sarcasm: many here agree AM is worth the cap hit, same as many here agreeing SR will be worth it even if he just maintains.

i personally think the stars are aligned for him to have a career year. no way to guarantee it.

only on hf do we need to temper our expectations for a player that has improved year over year playing for the one of the worst teams in the league. let's also ignore that he played against the hardest competition last year because it supports our predetermined bias.

I just cant

View attachment 460822

the dotted line is 2-year moving average
He has the chance to have a good to great year playing for Florida, no doubt. But my issue has come from the other posters claiming he is a 70 point player, which he is not. He also is barely a 60 point player given he has hit that just once. Let's see how he does this upcoming season.

No idea why you're making some random statement about a Leaf Center I'm guessing? Great job.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He has the chance to have a good to great year playing for Florida, no doubt. But my issue has come from the other posters claiming he is a 70 point player, which he is not. He also is barely a 60 point player given he has hit that just once. Let's see how he does this upcoming season.

No idea why you're making some random statement about a Leaf Center I'm guessing? Great job.
I’d wager to bet he hits 70 points this season, but even if he doesn’t, he is an added weapon to a deep forward roster. Barkov does the heavy lifting anyways.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
I’d wager to bet he hits 70 points this season, but even if he doesn’t, he is an added weapon to a deep forward roster. Barkov does the heavy lifting anyways.
For sure, I could see it happening but I'm also more ready to say that he's currently a 50 point player who could do more given the team he is about to play for. But he isn't currently a 70 point player.

Reactions: FinlandPanther

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
if he was really 'confident', then he should be signing a longer term deal.

Nonetheless, it's a sweet deal for the AAV, congrats, Panthers.
Three year deal takes him to 28? So he makes 19.5M over three years, then can look to cash in at 28 on a 6-8 year deal, taking him through much of his 30s. Not to mention the current flat cap and ESCROW.

Seems like he made the smart $$ call.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Three year deal takes him to 28? So he makes 19.5M over three years, then can look to cash in at 28 on a 6-8 year deal, taking him through much of his 30s. Not to mention the current flat cap and ESCROW.

Seems like he made the smart $$ call.

They could have easily worked around the escrow issue with signing bonuses; so that's a none issue. Flat cap is constraining, but it's going up again next year, so it's really an issue for a single year.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida

it's not random. it's rooted in the idea that this board routinely makes allowances for one player not producing as many points as others in his tier and the conversation devolves into point pace and trends. then when we talk about pace and trends for another player, suddenly it's all about how many points were scored in his best season. it's mind boggling. or drai with mcdavid conversation and darnell nurse. do they produce because they are good or because they play with mcdavid or a little bit of both?

all we are trying to say here is SR is stepping into a situation that has the potential to double or triple his career earnings and 70 points is not wild speculation. evgeni dadnov paced .85 and .88 PPG playing with barkov and huberdeau. the moment he got moved from them his production plummeted.

him taking a 3-year deal tells me he's betting on himself to take it to a new level. that much should be obvious to everyone

Last edited:

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
They could have easily worked around the escrow issue with signing bonuses; so that's a none issue. Flat cap is constraining, but it's going up again next year, so it's really an issue for a single year.
as though owners just agree to signing-bonus-heavy contracts like it's not some consolation. I wouldn't call it a non-issue-its definitely part of the calculus here.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
it's not random. it's rooted in the idea that this board routinely makes allowances for one player not producing as many points as others in his tier and the conversation devolves into point pace and trends. then when we talk about pace and trends for another player, suddenly it's all about how many points were scored in his best season. it's mind boggling. or drai with mcdavid conversation and darnell nurse. do they produce because they are good or because they play with mcdavid or a little bit of both?

all we are trying to say here is SR is stepping into a situation that has the potential to double or triple his career earnings and 70 points is not wild speculation. evgeni dadnov paced .85 and .88 PPG playing with barkov and huberdeau. the moment he got moved from them his production plummeted.

him taking a 3-year deal tells me he's betting on himself to take it to a new level. that much should be obvious to everyone
I'm not part of that group, don't generalize me.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
sounds like a certain 1C who's cracked 79 points once. just once....temper your expectations :sarcasm: many here agree AM is worth the cap hit, same as many here agreeing SR will be worth it even if he just maintains.

i personally think the stars are aligned for him to have a career year. no way to guarantee it.

only on hf do we need to temper our expectations for a player that has improved year over year playing for the one of the worst teams in the league. let's also ignore that he played against the hardest competition last year because it supports our predetermined bias.

I just cant

View attachment 460822

the dotted line is 2-year moving average

Barkov? :sarcasm:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Shocked at the universal love for this signing. He has a lot to prove to be worth 6.5 million dollars.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Shocked at the universal love for this signing. He has a lot to prove to be worth 6.5 million dollars.

Part of it is buffalo fans who know the reason he's not a sabre anymore is the team penny pinched him multiple times, and he deserved more when he was there.

Not that it's saying much, but he was probably buffalo's best player last year, and a lot of people have been waiting for him to go to a real team to break out a little more statistically.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So wait...people are actually excited about the "value" of a ~60pt player on a premium role doing whatever the heck he wants and playing a ton of powerplay...at $6.5M per? And straight to UFA on top of it all?

Weird man.

I can see Reinhart doing well in Florida, where they need a filler like him. But that's pretty much all he is, and i certainly wouldn't want to be paying a filler that much unless i happened to have the space to burn.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So wait...people are actually excited about the "value" of a ~60pt player on a premium role doing whatever the heck he wants and playing a ton of powerplay...at $6.5M per? And straight to UFA on top of it all?

Weird man.

I can see Reinhart doing well in Florida, where they need a filler like him. But that's pretty much all he is, and i certainly wouldn't want to be paying a filler that much unless i happened to have the space to burn.
Your post history now makes more sense. We’ll just add you to the list of experts lmao.

Reactions: Laus723

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
There is nothing wrong with that contract. But I see a ptoblem with Barkov, Huberdeau and Weegar.
And no, buying out Bob is NOT easy. The cap savings won't be that great...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad