Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Sam Reinhart re-signs with the Panthers (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
In the off season, Florida acquired Reinhart, an unsigned RFA with arbitration rights, coming off his best season for a first round pick (likely late) and a goalie prospect. Florida has now resigned him for $6.5 million for 3 years of his prime. How is this not a win for Florida? Surely, the present trade value of a resigned Reinhart greatly exceeds the price paid a few months ago. And Zito is probably not done yet. For example, Vatrano appears to be on the block.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
They could have easily worked around the escrow issue with signing bonuses; so that's a none issue. Flat cap is constraining, but it's going up again next year, so it's really an issue for a single year.
Have you looked at FLA's cap situation? Spoiler alert: it'll be really tight the next three years, maybe more unless Bob suddenly develops a mysterious "condition" that leaves him unable to play. I wouldn't have necessarily minded giving Reinhart a longer contract, but I completely understand why Zito didn't go there and stayed on the safer side, having more flexibility going forward.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
So wait...people are actually excited about the "value" of a ~60pt player on a premium role doing whatever the heck he wants and playing a ton of powerplay...at $6.5M per? And straight to UFA on top of it all?

Weird man.

I can see Reinhart doing well in Florida, where they need a filler like him. But that's pretty much all he is, and i certainly wouldn't want to be paying a filler that much unless i happened to have the space to burn.

Alright, let's entertain this...define "filler" so I can try to understand what you're talking about.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Panther fans might laugh now, but just wait a couple of years and they'll be in cap hell.
You might say: But if we buy or Hornqvist we can get Barkov signed. Sure, but then what about Huberdeau and Weegar the summer after that?
The respone will be:; Eh, I'm sure it will magically sort itself out!
Good luck with that....

Imagine if the Lightning actually worried about these things instead of using the 'we'll deal with it when it's a problem' model.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So wait...people are actually excited about the "value" of a ~60pt player on a premium role doing whatever the heck he wants and playing a ton of powerplay...at $6.5M per? And straight to UFA on top of it all?

Weird man.

I can see Reinhart doing well in Florida, where they need a filler like him. But that's pretty much all he is, and i certainly wouldn't want to be paying a filler that much unless i happened to have the space to burn.

They bought 2 UFA years?

Reactions: Laus723

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Early returns en fuego for Reinhart.
He's up to 7pts in 7 games now and sparking the offense the last 3 games.

Or 7pts in his last 5 games.

For what is likely a late 1st and a potential AHL starter/NHL backup/1b

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

I knew Sam would be fine. Unfortunately no one wanted to pay more and Sam wanted to leave.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Friedman hinted SJ was in on him too.
Didn't take long for him to get going, despite being moved away from Barkov.

Marchment-Lundell-Reinhart has chance to become a real solid 3rd line for us.
But it is not clear what San Jose was offering. Adams seems to be pretty high on Levi because he said before the trade that they wanted to get him from Florida. Levi looks good in college so far.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
He's a legit first line player (centre or wing) who I personally think is capable of 75+ points every year. We all know Florida won this trade by a landslide, although Buffalo had next to no leverage.

Reactions: umbertovanek

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
But it is not clear what San Jose was offering. Adams seems to be pretty high on Levi because he said before the trade that they wanted to get him from Florida. Levi looks good in college so far.

You'll love Levi if you're a BUF fan.
Guy loves loves hockey.
He's a worker.
Small but reflexes and speed make up for it.
Rooting for the kid to make it.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
He's a legit first line player (centre or wing) who I personally think is capable of 75+ points every year. We all know Florida won this trade by a landslide, although Buffalo had next to no leverage.
I mean they got a goalie prospect with increasing stock and nowhere to go in Florida. If he pans out, it’s a brilliant move for Buffalo too.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008

quite the undersell of Levi… he’s a very good goalie prospect with potential to be a top tier starter. What has he done to say otherwise…? Because he was drafted late?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah as usual I wonder what the other GMs in the league were doing.
This is at least less bitter than ROR where we got negative value in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad