Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Incredible that he keeps being signed, he should be paying teams to let him play at this point

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Maybe has 10 games or so of being a positive (or neutral) impact.

After that though…. Probably the worst player in the league.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Well, as of now Florida should be looked at as a contender. They were pretty good already last year even without Ekblad. With better goalies they could have won the series against Tampa. And now they have added Reinhart and Montour. They are pretty stacked:

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Vatrano - Lundell - Tippett
Marchment - Acciari - Hornqvist

Thornton, Luostarinen

Weegar - Ekblad
Nutivaara - Montour
Forsling - Gudas
Juulsen

Knight
Bobrovsky

Going to be a solid team. The only real questionmark to me is goaltending. Knight obviously has promise but he's played 6 games.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
If I was an older player, I would definitely look to play in Florida. It must be a lot easier to get going in the morning with warmer weather and sunshine.

One of the best experiences I've had attending an NHL game was at a Panthers game. We hung out on the beach in the morning, ate like kings at a Cuban restaurant, did a little shopping at the mega-mall in Sunrise, and then walked over to the game.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Damn. I really like FL this year but can’t stand Thornton. He’s bad luck.
"They", The Florida Panthers have the best lineup beside colorado, tampa etc. Florida is real tough sire, real hard. They now have such scoring power,... hornqvist totally killing it power wise with bennett etc... they are really hard sire. Really I can assure you. They wanted some talk and pep. They surely got it in Joe Thornton. He will be the father figure, with the REAL TALK. The leader. He might win the stanley cup this season.... florida is that good and hard. This is getting very exciting, I'm so excited!!!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This sounds oddly familiar.
I think the Leafs brought in Jumbo to lead, because their core wasn’t doing so. In FLA they have leaders in their core, so Joe won’t be expected to take on that role.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
"They", The Florida Panthers have the best lineup beside colorado, tampa etc. Florida is real tough sire, real hard. They now have such scoring power,... hornqvist totally killing it power wise with bennett etc... they are really hard sire. Really I can assure you. They wanted some talk and pep. They surely got it in Joe Thornton. He will be the father figure, with the REAL TALK. The leader. He might win the stanley cup this season.... florida is that good and hard. This is getting very exciting, I'm so excited!!!

You are so HARD?

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad