Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I don't wanna be mean. But he's the worst player in the league, right?
He was beyond "done" in Toronto.... seconds (which is alot) behind everyone else mentally and alot more than that in footspeed.
You could see him get frustrated because he has hands... but when you have less than a second to decide what you wanna do in this league, it's tough for anyone

Love the guy; his heart, commitment and desire to win the cup is there. But father time has come and he really shoulda stayed in Switzerland

Reactions: Rob Brown

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Leafs brought him in for lEaDeRsHiP too and that worked out great.

He leadership'd his way into getting nonstop 1PP time as well.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is HUGE. :clap: Thats why I started the talk last night. This is the way. Florida got a huge amount of talk and presence here. Leadership and example. He talks the most. They wanted it, hard.

Reactions: Morrison

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't wanna be mean. But he's the worst player in the league, right?
He was beyond "done" in Toronto.... seconds (which is alot) behind everyone else mentally and alot more than that in footspeed.

Love the guy; his heart, commitment and desire to win the cup is there. But father time has come and he really shoulda stayed in Switzerland
James Neal

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IRC Florida was interested in him at the deadline 2 years ago but the Sharks decided to keep him because they didn't like the offers and the Panthers weren't even in playoff position . So i guess not a complete suprise

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I love you Joe but it's time to hang them up.

If someone is still willing to give you money to play, that's the team's fault, not yours.

Plus, since every guy who retires, without fail, misses being part of a 25-ish man tribe going into battle every night more than anything else, keep playing until someone doesn't want to pay you anymore. Thornton is likely never going to find the same rush of adrenaline you get from being on an NHL team once he hangs them up.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Not sure what Thornton adds at this point

Dude doesn’t produce in the playoffs even during his prime

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I’ll be pissed if Florida doesn’t play him every game and actually healthy scratches him once in a while. That would make the Leafs seem even more incompetent. Not once was he taken out of the lineup (other than injury reason)

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I’m thankful he won’t be on the leafs any longer. What a career…serious…amazing!!!! He’s fully cooked tho at this point

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad