Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's still playing for the passion of the game, desire to win, but he was so bad last year, so soo bad!

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Joe was a point per game player for the first half of last season. Then he completely fell off a cliff.

I'm hopeful for Joe and Florida here -- but fear that this is one season too many. But who knows -- Jagr came back as a premier player as a grandfather aged man in Sunrise...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
FLA is already a very good team with solid leadership. Jumbo can just play a role, and not be expected to lead the group.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
He was great the first 10 games or so. But the guy was completely done by the end of the season. For cap reasons he was practically forced to play every night, back to backs, 3 games in 4 nights, etc.

If you manage him properly, he could chip in here and there but if he's over worked, he's pretty bad. He didn't play centre, so he's essentially a 4th/3rd line LW

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Honestly, I don't blame him for wanting to keep the dream alive. If I were in his shoes I would keep playing until no team offered a contract.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Huh, I didn't realize that the Panthers were in the hunt/looking for a high draft pick this year...

Reactions: viceroy

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Genuinely thought he was going to try and catch on as 13th forward in Colorado, to maximize his odds at a Cup, but good for him finding a new team where he might play a bit more.

Well, as of now Florida should be looked at as a contender. They were pretty good already last year even without Ekblad. With better goalies they could have won the series against Tampa. And now they have added Reinhart and Montour. They are pretty stacked:

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Vatrano - Lundell - Tippett
Marchment - Acciari - Hornqvist

Thornton, Luostarinen

Weegar - Ekblad
Nutivaara - Montour
Forsling - Gudas
Juulsen

Knight
Bobrovsky

Reactions: harv33173

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
All the best to the man, but he was not an NHL caliber player in the playoffs this past post-season

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Damn. I really like FL this year but can’t stand Thornton. He’s bad luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad