Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Keep in mind he started strong in Toronto last year but definitely got worse as the season progressed. I’m sure his injury didn’t help matters though.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Looked fine last night.
4th line actually had the best analytics of any of our lines.

He ain't go no legs anymore but that was widely known.
No legs is key. When the puck was being deep in the offensive zone, he was good. Clearly still has his wits and a good stick. He was a warm body otherwise.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Definitely don't wanna sound like I'm trying to pile on...cause I love Jumbo and wish him the best.

He still has the hands and vision...but when the pace ramps up and time/space shrinks; that's when you really notice the age. Alot talk about his feet, that's a given... but more so is his reaction time - this league is too damn good.

All said, hope he has a solid year!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We Panthers fans have been conditioned to accept mediocrity. Thornton looked totally cooked, especially on PP2. I'm not against having him, but am against over using him.

Q isn't gonna overuse him, he knows what's up. He was 4th line center. Before Acciari was injured, he wasn't even slated to play.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
If there’s any doubt that Thornton was brought in for anything other than being a 6’4” legend center who can tell our two big boi finnski centers what the world was like before they were born, idk what to tell ya. The team has oodles of options for that 4th line. Highly doubt Joe will be getting more work than “just enough to feel a part of the team for the illusion.” Calling him cooked is lame, but expecting him to be a net positive statistically is also lame. He's a net positive for the tremendous culture that the team has built behind Q.

Reactions: kennymoney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad