Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
The guy is cooked and should’ve just retired. I’d take nearly any energetic 4th liner over him in a heartbeat.
Enjoy the beach Joe.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
ok show me how the Panthers are deeper up front?

upload_2021-8-18_15-2-35.png

upload_2021-8-18_15-6-40.png

upload_2021-8-18_15-3-3.png

upload_2021-8-18_15-6-2.png

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm happy for him. But Panthers fans in this thread are right to be expecting nothing from him.

He was a wasted roster spot on many nights last season. If it wasn't for his legacy, he'd have been a healthy scratch quite often.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I'm happy for him. But Panthers fans in this thread are right to be expecting nothing from him.

He was a wasted roster spot on many nights last season. If it wasn't for his legacy, he'd have been a healthy scratch quite often.
Seeing as the Cats just bought-out a player who should have been scratched more often than not, maybe they can slot Thornton in his spot to quarterback the second powerplay unit, and double-shift whoever at 5-on-5.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Outside of Marner, Matthews, Tavares, and Nylander, your team is weak. The Panthers have the deeper forward group from 1-12+. Its no contest. It would have been better if they were able to keep McCann, but Dubas couldnt even get that right lol.
you forgot kerfoot and jason spezza

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Love the “I’m not trying to be argumentative” while doing that exact thing just to be edgy lmao

I haven't been "edgy" in a long time.

There was every reason to believe Joe was going to be on 4th line for TOR until it didnt happened...

I don't think that any FLA fans in this thread recognize Jumbo's 1104 career assists, but coach Q might feel differently.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

There was every reason to believe Joe was going to be on 4th line for TOR until it didnt happened...

I don't think that any FLA fans in this thread recognize Jumbo's 1104 career assists, but coach Q might feel differently.

Q is a far better and smarter coach than Keefe. End of story.

Reactions: Mase

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

So since we are Florida fans, we don’t recognize the player Thornton WAS? We know who he was, and who he is at the moment, and best believe Q and Zito know it as well. You keep trying to compare his signing with the Panthers to his signing with the Leafs. Like Thornton will play the same role he did, for some reason.

Reactions: Mase

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
that proves my point, when the upper quality players play more I want the best current goal scorer on the ice. Where is this superior depth?
wait

are you telling me that since keefe has to play your top players more that your team is DEEPER?

lmao man! what! that's completely backward. your top line is playing 21-22 minutes per game because your third and fourth lines can't be trusted to stymie the competition. do you not see the difference between FLA's 2nd and 3rd lines and TOR-not even taking into consideration that we have Anton Lundell in the bullpen for 3C and several options for NHL level 4C?????

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
wait

are you telling me that since keefe has to play your top players more that your team is DEEPER?

lmao man! what! that's completely backward. your top line is playing 21-22 minutes per game because your third and fourth lines can't be trusted to stymie the competition. do you not see the difference between FLA's 2nd and 3rd lines and TOR-not even taking into consideration that we have Anton Lundell in the bullpen for 3C and several options for NHL level 4C?????
And that’s a wrap.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
So since we are Florida fans, we don’t recognize the player Thornton WAS? We know who he was, and who he is at the moment, and best believe Q and Zito know it as well. You keep trying to compare his signing with the Panthers to his signing with the Leafs. Like Thornton will play the same role he did, for some reason.

Of course he will. He doesn't fight, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't quite have the speed to be a third line match-up center.

"A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature."

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Of course he will. He doesn't fight, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't quite have the speed to be a third line match-up center.

"A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature."

Such a ridiculous take. Glad you know more about our team and coaching staff lmao. He’s not going to get top six minutes. He will get 3rd line play, where he will be going against the opposing teams 3rd and 4th best line. Q is definitely not Keefe lol. But for some reason, you think they are the same person.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Back to the thread topic--Panthers signed Thornton to a one year, minimum contract. If you look at the money, the Panthers are valuing Thornton as a 4th line, depth player. Nothing more.

Now onto the Leafs vs. Panther debate. Last season, the Leafs and the Panthers were both talented offensive teams that I enjoyed watching on TV. Both teams had issues on defense. Neither team compared favorably to Tampa, which deservedly won the cup again. Hope both teams play entertaining hockey next season...

Reactions: motopanekeku

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Back to the thread topic--Panthers signed Thornton to a one year, minimum contract. If you look at the money, the Panthers are valuing Thornton as a 4th line, depth player. Nothing more.

Now onto the Leafs vs. Panther debate. Last season, the Leafs and the Panthers were both talented offensive teams that I enjoyed watching on TV. Both teams had issues on defense. Neither team compared favorably to Tampa, which deservedly won the cup again. Hope both teams play entertaining hockey next season...

inb4 that guy brings up Thornton's 1104 career assists.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Such a ridiculous take. Glad you know more about our team and coaching staff lmao. He’s not going to get top six minutes. He will get 3rd line play, where he will be going against the opposing teams 3rd and 4th best line. Q is definitely not Keefe lol. But for some reason, you think they are the same person.

No that's not what I think. My point is that the fans are sort of the same.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
ok show me how the Panthers are deeper up front?

Lets just check their bottom 6`s. There is no way I choose Toronto:

Florida:

Vatrano - Lundell - Tippett
Marchment - Acciari - Hornqvist

xtras: Lammikko, Jumbo, Luostarinen, Heponiemi

Toronto:

Bunting - Kampf - Mikheyev
Simmonds - Spezza - Kase

xtras: Gabriel, Engvall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad