Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Because you don't have a 2nd line C.

Barkov, Reinhart, Bennett, Lundell, Vatrano, Acciari, Luostarinen... Thats the C-depth on Florida. Thornton is probably beeing slotted in at 3-line LW or 4C occasionally. He wont be playing for more than max 50 games.

Reactions: TheFamousFart

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Barkov, Reinhart, Bennett, Lundell, Vatrano, Acciari, Luostarinen... Thats the C-depth on Florida. Thornton is probably beeing slotted in at 3-line LW or 4C occasionally. He wont be playing for more than max 50 games.

I swear to you. Leaf fans posted the same thing last year. 1104 career assists might keep him from being a penalty killer or a shut down line C.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Leafs fans:

We do not have shitty LW or C depth, which are the positions that Joe plays. There are very few players that he could realistically play in front of on our squad.

The reason he played 1LW at times for you is because you guys have trash LW depth. We don't.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
We wouldn't sign him unless he understood he'd play in a limited role. Zito knows what he's doing.

I've heard this song before. Honestly. You're going to wish you never signed him because you can't give him a goon fighters' role and minutes. (9 min). Toronto had the forward depth. Toronto didn't need him to be on the top 6.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Toronto did the same!

It's almost as if Florida isn't Toronto

surprised-italian-spiderman.gif

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs fans:

We do not have shitty LW or C depth, which are the positions that Joe plays. There are very few players that he could realistically play in front of on our squad.

The reason he played 1LW at times for you is because you guys have trash LW depth. We don't.
At times meaning barely at all. He played the first dozen or so games on the first line then played in the bottom 6 where he'd have been a healthy scratch had he not been Joe Thornton.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I love how FLA fans think that Thornton who was such a problem on TOR will obviously not be a problem in FLA.

I love how Leafs fans, you in particular, think that all coaches and GMs think alike. Like Zito and/or Q dont own a TV or have internet service, like they only watched Panthers games last season. You really think Q and Zito are on the same level as Keefe and Dubas? Worry about your own team. He is not going to take over anyone's spot in the top six. He isnt going to take over anyone's spot on PP1. He will get bottom six minutes, play PP2 from time to time, sit some, and be a veteran presence in the lockeroom.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I love how Leafs fans, you in particular, think that all coaches and GMs think alike. Like Zito and/or Q dont own a TV or have internet service, like they only watched Panthers games last season. You really think Q and Zito are on the same level as Keefe and Dubas? Worry about your own team. He is not going to take over anyone's spot in the top six. He isnt going to take over anyone's spot on PP1. He will get bottom six minutes, play PP2 from time to time, sit some, and be a veteran presence in the lockeroom.

I really think that they wouldn't have signed him then.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Misused?

Dude had every opportunity to succeed, played on the first line, 3rd and fourth. He's a step behind. I love Jumbo but he's toast, can't count the amount of times he killed a play the moment the puck touched his stick.

I love Joe, i hope he succeeds, i hoped he would have in Toronto, but he's just too slow now.

His stats show he had 10 points in his first 10 games. What happened after that?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
His stats show he had 10 points in his first 10 games. What happened after that?
He was a passenger. Made a few nice passes but was getting easy points that any NHL player could get playing with two elite offensive players. Keefe was also using him on the PP and Thornton just has no business being on a PP anymore.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It's almost as if Toronto isn't San Jose.

I'm not trying to be argumentative. You should have seen TOR fans' rosters last year. They had Jumbo on the 4th line too!
Love the “I’m not trying to be argumentative” while doing that exact thing just to be edgy lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad