Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
And why is it outside the realm of possibility that Florida learned from Toronto's mistakes? He obviously can't play premium minutes and keep up with the best skaters on the opposing team anymore. So why would Q, a veteran sc winning coach, try it?

Because you don't have a 2nd line C.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
And? The comments might seem the same, but that doesn’t mean the outcome will be as well. Q isn’t Keefe. He will juggle lines during certain in-game situations, but outside of that, Thornton will have nowhere near the same TOI percentages like he did in Toronto.

Verhaeghe - Barkov
Huberdeau - Bennett

Thornton is not going to break up either tandem. Regardless of what Toronto fans thought last season.

I will copy and paste your post and slide some Leaf names.

And? The comments might seem the same, but that doesn’t mean the outcome will be as well. Keefe isn’t DeBoer. He will juggle lines during certain in-game situations, but outside of that, Thornton will have nowhere near the same TOI percentages like he did in SJ.

Marner - Matthews
Nylander - Tavares

Thornton is not going to break up either tandem. Regardless of what SJ fans thought last season

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
You ever heard of Sam Bennett?
I can assure y'all one more thang: Joe Thornton should not be playing third CENTER minutes neither.... he can't compete anymore with the long 82 game season. Not even 40 games. 30 is doable, but even in those games.... florida will be allowing a lot of goals when he is on the ice. That dirty third line I mean. Thornton should not be playing center anymore at all. He played on the wing the whole season with the leafs and even that didn't work. Took some faceoffs also of course. He has gotten worse in even those. His only valuable thing for ice hockey is one thing: His mouth. The talk. That he brings and its good for everybody. He can fight a couple of times too, when getting heated and angry, cause he wants to win. Really hard. Playing him a long stretch on 3rd line center..... will be a hazy mistake by the florida panthers if happening and I would laugh out loud for that type of wrong coaching period.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Thornton is one of those guys that people like and think he'll bring success because of intangibles, not on the ice performance. In reality, he's turned into a carpet-bagger.

He should have retired several years ago with dignity while he was on the Sharks.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I will copy and paste your post and slide some Leaf names.

And? The comments might seem the same, but that doesn’t mean the outcome will be as well. Keefe isn’t DeBoer. He will juggle lines during certain in-game situations, but outside of that, Thornton will have nowhere near the same TOI percentages like he did in SJ.

Marner - Matthews
Nylander - Tavares

Thornton is not going to break up either tandem. Regardless of what SJ fans thought last season

You’re making zero sense. You can copy and paste whatever you want, Florida is not Toronto, and Q and Zito are definitely not Keefe and Dubas. You think Zito signed him so Q can play him in our top six? Like they didn’t notice his play last season.

And Thornton didn’t break up your two Toronto tandems, he played alongside them. Who is he going to replace in our top six? He will be a interchangeable bottom six forward for us, and bring the leadership in the locker room.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I can assure y'all one more thang: Joe Thornton should not be playing third CENTER minutes neither.... he can't compete anymore with the long 82 game season. Not even 40 games. 30 is doable, but even in those games.... florida will be allowing a lot of goals when he is on the ice. That dirty third line I mean. Thornton should not be playing center anymore at all. He played on the wing the whole season with the leafs and even that didn't work. Took some faceoffs also of course. He has gotten worse in even those. His only valuable thing for ice hockey is one thing: His mouth. The talk. That he brings and its good for everybody. He can fight a couple of times too, when getting heated and angry, cause he wants to win. Really hard. Playing him a long stretch on 3rd line center..... will be a hazy mistake by the florida panthers if happening and I would laugh out loud for that type of wrong coaching period.
We have Lundell and can slide Sam Reinhart if need be.

With Reinhart and Lundell plus too many top wingers, I feel Florida is one of the few teams that can play Thornton occasionally and effectively

The BS about Bennett is absurd: he’s shown he has insane chemistry with Huberdeay

Reactions: VijayPatel11

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Joe Thornton should just retire with dignity.
Wayne Gretzky retired in 1999 at the age of 38 after scoring 62 pts in 70 games that season, because he said he could no longer play at the level that he was used to and wanted to.
Take a clue from Wayne, Joe.

Reactions: Telos

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thornton is totally shot and has never won anything in his career. I hate to rag on the guy but he’s not NHL calibre anymore and I’m not sold on him being a mentor. He’s just hopping around on teams that can’t win in the playoffs.
Why do people keep saying an mvp and scoring title are nothing individually??

Blows my f***ing mind.

Reactions: Tom Polakis

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Joe Thornton should just retire with dignity.
Wayne Gretzky retired in 1999 at the age of 38 after scoring 62 pts in 70 games that season, because he said he could no longer play at the level that he was used to and wanted to.
Take a clue from Wayne, Joe.
Iginla didn’t, so why should Joe? A team offered him a deal, he took it.

Reactions: Telos and awegrzyn

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Why do people keep saying an mvp and scoring title are nothing individually??

Blows my f***ing mind.
Bringing in a guy who’s never won a cup and been a part of some teams known as notorious chokers is not bringing in a “winning mentor”. That’s what we’re talking about, not his individual accolades but a guy who’s been a part of many playoff failures, as recent as last year.

Many of us just don’t see what he brings to the table. He’s a liability on the ice and is only going to be even slower this year.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
We have Lundell and can slide Sam Reinhart if need be.

With Reinhart and Lundell plus too many top wingers, I feel Florida is one of the few teams that can play Thornton occasionally and effectively

The BS about Bennett is absurd: he’s shown he has insane chemistry with Huberdeay
Guy in his draft +1 year is not starting as the number 2 center on any team in the league. Especially on 1 that thinks they can go on a deep playoff run. If this team is banking on lundell as their number 2 they're in for a world of hurt.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Really hope he gets zero games and doesn’t act arrogant. Florida doesn’t need this rn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad