Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I don't wanna be mean. But he's the worst player in the league, right?
He was beyond "done" in Toronto.... seconds (which is alot) behind everyone else mentally and alot more than that in footspeed.
You could see him get frustrated because he has hands... but when you have less than a second to decide what you wanna do in this league, it's tough for anyone

Love the guy; his heart, commitment and desire to win the cup is there. But father time has come and he really shoulda stayed in Switzerland

Excuse me. I'm offended on behalf of Keith Yandle

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If the guy wants to keep playing and somebody will pay him to do it, power to the guy!

Best of luck in Florida, Joe. I can cheer for you again now that you're not a maple leaf.

Reactions: JBeast and Habz4Evr

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
FLA is already a very good team with solid leadership. Jumbo can just play a role, and not be expected to lead the group.

This.. He wont be expected to lead the team in production. He's there to help in leadership on and off the ice. He wont get a sniff of Panthers #1 PP unless injuries

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I don’t see why the Panthers do this.

It’s hard to scratch a future HoFer.

That's easy. Try to scratch the worst/softest player in the league on the most fake ironman streak ever. That's hard

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Good for Jumbo. He put up points in Toronto in a limited role. Inconsistent, he disappeared mid-season, but went on a heater before and after. Didn't bring any physicality early in the year until his cold streak, after awhile he started padding the hit numbers for about 10 games and had a near call with Ehlers. But, that added sand to his game brought him out of scoring funk.

His feet are some of the slower ones in the NHL. He should be used on line #4 as a depth player that can be used on PP#2, similar to how the Leafs use Spezza.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Does he really think that the Panthers have the best chance of contending next year?

I would have thought TBL.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
From a logical stand point-
Dude is cooked, but maybe its for the whole "do it for Joe boys" vibe. He was a liability even on the fourth line.

From a fan perspective-
I'm happy he's still in the league and playing, gonna be a sad day when he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad