Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So if Marleau does not play this season and Jumbo manages to play all 82 he could be 17 games behind for all time record hmmmm

Obviously, it's not going to happen, but it'd be cool if Thornton got his 82, went back to SJ the next year, played in the first 17, Marleau rejoins the Sharks, the two of them play 21 more games together, then retire together as Sharks at 1800 games each.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Wasnt Jagr older than Huby-Barkov combined when they played together

Yeah but Jagr was still a 1st line player. Thornton definitely is not, most likely 4th line. Whatever, I'm fine with it. Maybe he goes beast mode in the playoffs, if Q keeps him fresh throughout the year and doesn't ride him like Seabiscuit.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Obviously, it's not going to happen, but it'd be cool if Thornton got his 82, went back to SJ the next year, played in the first 17, Marleau rejoins the Sharks, the two of them play 21 more games together, then retire together as Sharks at 1800 games each.
As a Sharks fan, dear god no.

Reactions: dukeofjive
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I thought he was the most dangerous Leafs on the PP last year. Maybe if they keep him there, with little 5vs5 time it can work.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Love the personality. Would be an amazing assistant coach hire. But he should leave the blades at home. Beyond done.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
There are sometimes your Jagr's and Selänne's, (of recent times), true winners and icons of ice hockey, but then there's like
Joe Thornton, who doesn't understand to retire, grasping for that one more moment of happiness as it were,
one more chance for the Cup...sad.

That said , Jumbo Joe has had an amazing career, Olympic Gold Medalist, 2 time World Cup champion
World Junior Champion, Art Ross, Hart winner, the best player of his generation, ranks really high in all-time assists and points records.
there's only 6 players ever with 1000+ assists and 1000+ penalty minutes, Thornton is one of them
Gordie Howe, Mark Messier, Jaromir Jagr, Paul Coffey, Ray Bourque are the rest

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I thought he was the most dangerous Leafs on the PP last year. Maybe if they keep him there, with little 5vs5 time it can work.

lol wth are you talking about.. he was not the most dangerous, but was definitely the slowest

everytime he was on the ice along the half boards during a pp, I was scared he'd make a bad pass or cough it up for a breakaway the other way and it happened a few times last year and I'm sure you remember this beaut which Byron finished off nicely:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad