Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Joe Thornton signs with the Panthers (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A old geezer, like many of his brethren chooses to retire in Florida. It's like poetry.

In all seriousness Jumbo is both a good and bad player at the same time. Good because from watching him it's clear what made him so good is still in tact. (his passing and general hockey IQ) Bad because his body quit on him a loooooooooong time ago but he refuses to accept that.

Reactions: Habz4Evr

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
good one. Didn’t the Habs just get rekt in the finals? Good luck even making the playoffs this season now that you have to play real teams

Damn dude the Salt is real. Yes the Habs just went to the finals, which implied winning 3 series. Both the Leafs AND Panthers failed to win 1 series during the cap era.

Those 3 series win also included a team who was tied for 1st place in the league, vastly considered a "real" team, like you say.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Damn dude the Salt is real. Yes the Habs just went to the finals, which implied winning 3 series. Both the Leafs AND Panthers failed to win 1 series during the cap era.

Those 3 series win also included a team who was tied for 1st place in the league, vastly considered a "real" team, like you say.

I can’t wait for the season to start you guys are gonna get destroyed lmao

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Because the Sharks never won a series with Jumbo on the team

lol

They did indeed, but they also got themselves the reputation of perennial playoff chokers. Not to the point of Toronto and Florida, but they do belong in the category of teams who have an history of choking in the playoffs. And I don't think I would make a bold statement saying he was in the center of those chokes.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Damn there a lot bitter Leafs fans

probably because it infuriated me watching him on the ice. I knew he couldn’t score but I can barely even remember a nice pass. Leafs mgmt begged him to come so they couldn’t healthy scratch him when it was clear he was done.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah F you Panthers! Suckers! Go get that money Big Joe!

Like I said above, the wrong kind of Talk in the playoffs though. He's all "Let's have fun out there" like some little league coach. Winners are intense and aren't above demanding more from each other. I remember that it wasn't infrequent that the Blackhawks would often argue on the bench during their Cup era. They took things seriously.

Great post.
Like I don't know bout Joe sire viceroy. I've followed his whole career with the sharks... when they went to the stanley cup finals also. Against the pens. Joe did play some very, very poor playoffs before that stanley cup run against the pens. And even then they didn't win. Joe's attitude has not been the greatest by any means for so many seasons. He is not the biggest hero or clutch at all. He ain't speaked the truth neither during so many seasons. That one season when they went to the finals they played hard.
Joe old now, his talk will be fun, joyful, jokes, big macho stuff, some fights, heavy weight and all. Now they'll just have to see how he will mesh with the other group. Usually he makes great friends for life, but never has won anythang. Florida's real hard, OG team might win this time and next season. Even with joe in the stands just talkin bout life. Florida is that hard and good. They don't need Joe at all. His skill or weight. They might need his jokes and joyful dirt at times. He will take the comedian role for surely I can assure you. Now we just have to see if that joker role will give him the cup too. Others, will win it for him. He don't have to do jack dirt sire.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
They did indeed, but they also got themselves the reputation of perennial playoff chokers. Not to the point of Toronto and Florida, but they do belong in the category of teams who have an history of choking in the playoffs. And I don't think I would make a bold statement saying he was in the center of those chokes.
Narratives are narratives. Thornton was rarely, if ever, the single reason why they lost. Even in 2014 they had Niemi putting up .883 and Vlasic got injured midway through the series.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Narratives are narratives. Thornton was rarely, if ever, the single reason why they lost. Even in 2014 they had Niemi putting up .883 and Vlasic got injured midway through the series.

Well like you said, Sharks actually won series and even went to the finals. Leafs and Panthers on the other hand....

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Well like you said, Sharks actually won series and even went to the finals. Leafs and Panthers on the other hand....
I wouldn't count out the Panthers yet. Q is still a great coach and they've only gotten deeper. If they didn't run into the Tampa machine last year, they probably would've had a good playoffs.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I wouldn't count out the Panthers yet. Q is still a great coach and they've only gotten deeper. If they didn't run into the Tampa machine last year, they probably would've had a good playoffs.

Yes of course, probably a top 5 team in the league. I was referring more at the past than the present.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
pretty sure you’re just gonna get destroyed. Your best forward is Gallagher and your best dman is Petry lol.

Suzuki is our best forward IMO. Toffoli, Anderson, Hoffman are more productive offensively than Gallagher. We have a lot of depth on the wings. The real question mark is Kotkaniemi as a 2nd center.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Suzuki is our best forward IMO. Toffoli, Anderson, Hoffman are more productive offensively than Gallagher. We have a lot of depth on the wings. The real question mark is Kotkaniemi as a 2nd center.

Even worse. Best of luck to you now that you have to play real teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cant really see why ,depth probably...Cant see him getting much ice with the forwards they already have in the top 9

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
F0CF7BF4-8C63-4203-A415-2847190C2AB4.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad