Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Jason Demers (5 Years, $4.500M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hush

Jan 28, 2013
Dallas has the worst d-core in the league.

Detroit would like a word.

I hope Florida competes for the division title for years to come, Ekblad is my favourite player not on my team (DET). Plus, I hate their interstate rival.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
As a Sharks fan I'd gladly have him back for this kind of contract. Can't believe DW traded him for that blockhead Dillon.

What really confused me was how the Sharks retained on Demers and gave us a third as well.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
Chiarelli backed off of Demers yesterday. He is looking more for a trade.

I heard (from a friend with ins at Oiler camp - take a grain a salt if you wish) that Demers told Edmonton he wouldn't be signing with them (he said this yesterday). Chia then went with this story about not wanting Demers to save face.

Because everyone knows that signing a FA is a worse option that trading assets for the same piece...

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think it'll start to become a trend that teams that play in a State with no tax can offer less money and still get the player.
It will.. until the first player that signs for a little discount assuming a tax break then gets tradeD mid deal.

It will end that instantly... or Florida discounted signings will come with NTCS.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg
Benn
Oduya
Hamhuis
Nemeth
Johns
Oleksiak

Yikes..

If Nill thought Demers was worth keeping over that he would've tried. The only UFA defenseman ( well outside of Jordie ) we even heard a peep Nill was looking to re-sign was Goligoski who is clearly better than Demers. There was never any discussion about keeping Demers/Russel after the season ended it was pretty much a given that both would walk.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Good looking deal, Florida has a ton of D depth right now, especially if McCoshen is NHL ready. As of now, what are Panthers fans thinking their defensive pairings might look like?

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Was expecting Demers to get a way more lucrative offer, however I guess he is more interested in winning. If he waited just a few days more I imagine the offers would have been north of 6 million.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Good looking deal, Florida has a ton of D depth right now, especially if McCoshen is NHL ready. As of now, what are Panthers fans thinking their defensive pairings might look like?

Roster+depth:
Matheson - Ekblad
Yandle - Demers
Pysyk - Petrovic
Kampfer - Kindl
McCoshen - Hultstrom
Downing - Weegar

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Yandle Ekblad
Matheson Demers
Pysyk Petrovic

or

Matheson Ekblad
Yandle Demers
Pysyk Petrovic

I think Pysyk can play the left side.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
These no tax states have a competitive advantage which will be fixed in the next CBA.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Yandle Ekblad
Matheson Demers
Pysyk Petrovic

or

Matheson Ekblad
Yandle Demers
Pysyk Petrovic

I think Pysyk can play the left side.
Thats still a lot of RHD. Either way, it would appear the Panthers are now well prepared to lose one via expansion draft next offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad