Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Jason Demers (5 Years, $4.500M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
FL is very humid. Most ppl who live near the coast in CA (and probably WA, OR, AZ, NV, etc) wouldn't want to live there.

I would love to live in Florida. Im from Europe and when i have been to Florida its fantastic. Would feel like having a vacation every day along with playing hockey. Its not like you cant go on a vacation to the mountains in Europe or somewhere in the US if you wanna find snow and cold weather. Believe me, living in a country thats cold as hell and tons of snow in the winter, summer all year long is a much easier way of living and alot more chill. Waking up, taking on shorts and a shirt and go to work playing hockey, seems perfect to me. Not the stress of a city like NY(im a NYR fan) and dont get the crazy winters. Waking up in the winter with 6 feet of snow on the ground, trying to find my car is pretty awful way to start the day.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I would love to live in Florida. Im from Europe and when i have been to Florida its fantastic. Would feel like having a vacation every day along with playing hockey. Its not like you cant go on a vacation to the mountains in Europe or somewhere in the US if you wanna find snow and cold weather. Believe me, living in a country thats cold as hell and tons of snow in the winter, summer all year long is a much easier way of living and alot more chill. Waking up, taking on shorts and a shirt and go to work playing hockey, seems perfect to me. Not the stress of a city like NY(im a NYR fan) and dont get the crazy winters. Waking up in the winter with 6 feet of snow on the ground, trying to find my car is pretty awful way to start the day.

I understand that but the person who posted that is from the Bay Area. I know very few ppl in the Bay Area (or LA/SD) who would want to live in FL or even visit for long. I wouldn't say something like the person quoted did bc I understand that ppl living in other parts of the US and Canada consider FL's climate an upgrade. But most ppl here consider it a downgrade. Plus in Anaheim, LA, or SJ, you aren't far from the beach or from skiing in the winter. Different perspectives. Again, if ppl in FL consider the Bay Area's or coastal CA's climate a downgrade, I understand that too.

5 Hole

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I'd take less money to play in South Beach, too.

You'd be upset when you got there and realized you're in the wrong place. The Panthers play in Sunrise - about 30-40 min north of miami. It's a completely different world. Most players live in the surrounding areas north and east(waterfront) of the arena.

The Bad Seed*

I almost wish he signed in T.O. for the same money. He would of been overpayed 7th D man by 830 pm tonight.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I understand that but the person who posted that is from the Bay Area. I know very few ppl in the Bay Area (or LA/SD) who would want to live in FL or even visit for long. I wouldn't say something like the person quoted did bc I understand that ppl living in other parts of the US and Canada consider FL's climate an upgrade. But most ppl here consider it a downgrade. Plus in Anaheim, LA, or SJ, you aren't far from the beach or from skiing in the winter. Different perspectives. Again, if ppl in FL consider the Bay Area's or coastal CA's climate a downgrade, I understand that too.

I think we can agree on it beeing a very good place to live atleast.
Its all about what you are used to. I live in a country that has good summers but the winters are cold and tons of snow. It just makes thing harder because of all the snow and the temperature. Limits your options on doing alot of stuff, but you can do other things(skiing etc). I definetly will say that living in a place that has warm winters is easier. Ive spent some months of my winters in Florida and South Africa a few years ago and just the lack of the cold weather and snow etc just makes it a much easier way to live.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So what's the next step for Florida? Are they going to trade for a lefty d-man to put with Demers? Other than Russell, there doesn't seem to be anyone in free agency to go on the left side past Yandle. I don't know if Matheson is ready and I don't know if it'd be wise to move one of their many RHD's to the left.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So what's the next step for Florida? Are they going to trade for a lefty d-man to put with Demers? Other than Russell, there doesn't seem to be anyone in free agency to go on the left side past Yandle. I don't know if Matheson is ready and I don't know if it'd be wise to move one of their many RHD's to the left.

I think we're set. Probably slide Pysyk over to left side on bottom pair. Organization seems to be pretty high on Matheson.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I still think losing Gudbranson was a huge mistake.

But 4.5 in Florida is as if Demers had signed for 6 with another team. For him it doesn't matter but it's a fortunate situation for the Panthers cap-wise.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014

gators and snakes everywhere, mosquitoes...

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I still think losing Gudbranson was a huge mistake.

But 4.5 in Florida is as if Demers had signed for 6 with another team. For him it doesn't matter but it's a fortunate situation for the Panthers cap-wise.

Not for me.

The Gudbranson trade was addition by subtraction.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
#4 D-men for 4.5 million.

I don't get the love for this contract in here.

I think it's a reasonable contract. So used to seeing guys, even average guys, over the hill players get over 5 million per.

I don't think this is a great deal, but its totally reasonable. Rare you don't see a top 4, #4 D-man getting overpaid, often quite badly..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad