Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Jason Demers (5 Years, $4.500M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
But you have to live in Florida...

What a stupid thing to say, I'd rather live in Florida then any Canadian city ( believe me, I've lived in both and the US is ten times better and has way more variety of everything then any place in Canada ).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Florida is no joke. I'm going to guess he took less money to play in Florida considering it's $4.5m. That's what a team with good management, coaching and a bright, bright future can do. Good stuff.

But you have to live in Florida...

I'd rather live and play hockey in the state of Florida (so either Florida or Tampa) than any other city that hosts an NHL team, to be honest. Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Feels good to sign a top D man that adds to our depth at defense. Much younger defense that should help us more than last season.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
4.5M per is a good deal for him. He's a good #3 when he's on, but when he's off, he's pretty bad.

Florida's looking really good now. Their window will probably open in the next couple of years, I'd think.

Well this was the Kulikov replacement by those words lol

I love the signing as it makes me feel a lil better about losing em.

Still scratching my head about Guds.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He's a legit 2nd pairing dman, and he's 28 and hasn't showed any signs of slowing down, so the 5 year term is likely OK. Right shot is always a plus, too. Good signing for the Panthers - you'd think their d would be decimated losing Campbell, Kulikov and Gudbranson, but since they've replaced them with Yandle, Demers and Pysyk, it might actually be better than last year.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I'd rather live and play hockey in the state of Florida (so either Florida or Tampa) than any other city that hosts an NHL team, to be honest. Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?

FL is very humid. Few ppl who live near the coast in California (and probably WA, OR, AZ, NV, etc) would want to live there. If you prefer FL to the Mediterranean climate of coastal California, that's fine too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad