Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Jason Demers (5 Years, $4.500M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Good luck to Jason and seems like good deal for both sides. I hope Florida has the space to sign the likes of Trocheck, Huberdeau, Reilly Smith, Petrovic, Pysysk, etc. when they're up for extensions. I'm guessing they do.

They currently have more than enough space for Trocheck. It looks like they should have somewhere around $16-18 available next season(once Trocheck signs) for Huberdeau, Smith, Petrovic, Pysyk. They should be okay. They also get some sort of relief from Bolland once they get near the ceiling as well I think.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Those calling this a good signing (which it is) now can see why the Islanders will never trade Hamonic.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
I don't want to sound like "that fan" but it's really good to see the beach teams all really getting players and building solid teams. Your TB, SJ, LA, and Floridas are just all really doing well, IMO.

This is the first time that we've had stable management and owners who are willing to spend and make changes that are necessary. It's really refreshing and reassuring as a STH.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I seriously wonder what Dallas is doing with their D now? No Goligoski, No Demers?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Called 4.5 in the other thread. Wasn't expecting Florida though. Forgot Campbell moved.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
He took less money to play in Florida.

Really shows what winning can do for a franchise.

...and an owner/ship group committed to winning and willing to spend- something that team hasn't seen in a long while. As soon as the Violas took over, things drastically changed for the better.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
That's quite the blueline now with Ekblad, Yandle, Demers, Pysyk, Petrovic, Matheson and Kindl.

With four right hand shots, I wonder if they'll move Petrovic.

He kindl doesn't belong there. :laugh:

You still have to admit that they are young and some what inexperienced.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
the tax break in Florida and the length is why he took less?

I'm assuming most teams would have been offering him 5 years. But odds are that due to the low taxes in Florida, even though he took less to go there, he's still walking away with the same amount after taxes if he'd signed elsewhere. And that Florida team is a pretty good team.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Kind of surprised Dallas let him walk if this was all it took. Another great signing by Florida.

Dallas management think Johns is already comparable/ will be real soon. That plus Honka is waiting in the minors because of contracts. 2 years into this contract I would be surprised if one of if not both of Johns and Honka are not equal or better than Demers. Had we kept him at this, that mean 4.5 million on the 3rd pair if one of Honka and Johns pan out correctly, and 4.5 million to play on his offside on the 3rd pair if they both pan out.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I seriously wonder what Dallas is doing with their D now? No Goligoski, No Demers?

Johns was better than Demers towards the end of the year, and our second best D prospect--Lindell--was ready for promotion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad