Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Adam Boqvist signs with the Panthers (1 year, $775k)

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
People said the same about us losing gudas and staal lol
I wonder how people were laughing in the OEL thread when we signed him

I dont see our defense falling off the cliff, even to start the season last year without ekblad and montour we did really well when most expected us to seriously regress.

Boqvists injury history worries me though, but we have 3 other guys who could take his spot in a pinch.

Forsling-ekblad
Mikkola-Boqvist
Kulikov-Schmidt
Bjornfot, Ballinskis, Megna as extras

Not world beaters but it seems solid to me, Kulikov was an absolute monster in the finals
Lol come on guy nobody thought your defense was gonna regress cause you lost Marc staal. You guys still had three quality dmen whennyou lost gudas now you only have two. Although I think boqvist will excel in Florida and he's cheap.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Good move for Florida based on the contract, but dude can't stay healthy and sucks at defense. He can bring some offense though, but otherwise... a lot of work for him to do.

I think if he finds a good fit, he can be a good player. This seems like it has potential to be a good fit.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lol come on guy nobody thought your defense was gonna regress cause you lost Marc staal. You guys still had three quality dmen whennyou lost gudas now you only have two. Although I think boqvist will excel in Florida and he's cheap.
Why tf does everyone keep shitting on Mikkola? Is it an educational issue with how he did here last year? Same goes with Kuli. And why is Schmidt suddenly such a problem? Especially in a defensive structure like ours??

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
And yet somehow still do better than the Leafs lmao. Players come to Florida to revive their career. Players go to the Leafs to get paid and lose.
Cool, is the goal to be better than the Leafs or do the best team you can be? I would have thought everyone would agree it was the latter.

I think it is fair to believe that Montour and OEL being replaced by Schmidt and Boqvist would be a regression for the Panthers.

It's what happens, teams win, players get paid and some move on. It's a cap world. Some teams go through that cycle without success. At least Florida, like Tampa before them started the inevitable dismantling after a cup.

Boston has been watching their roster get thinner every year in the same cycle. No cup.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The Panthers will be fine as long as Bob is on his game. They will live and die by him

Their Cup winning defense was made up of mostly spare parts from other teams too

Reactions: Idiot Stick

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
D thrive in Maurice’s system. Forsling’s the big one, montour another. But we went to the Stanley cup final 2yrs ago with Marc staal, Gudas, and Mahura making up half our D. They were all solid for us. We then lost them which is a lot to lose in one offseason and replaced them with OEL after being bought out, Kulikov, and Mikkola. No one had high expectations and then they made the final again…and won! Balinskis looked very solid imo during his limited time, Schmidt is already a solid defensive D and has and wanted to play under Maurice, and if boqvist gets consistent playing time then I’m eager to see where he can take his game to. Montour was a bottom pairing RD with offensive potential and his underlying D analytics were just as weak. He was bigger and more physical, but I think boqvist can absolutely turn into a very solid player for us if he stays healthy.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Do you know how to read? I said Dahlin to mentor him not steal his job.

Boqvist could have easily been a 7th defenseman with a path to work himself into the lineup but now we have Kyle Clague so we are set.
No, you didn't. Not in the post I replied to.

"dO yOu KnOw HoW tO rEad"?

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
No, you didn't. Not in the post I replied to.

"dO yOu KnOw HoW tO rEad"?
Oh so you jumped into the middle of a conversation pretending to know whats going on. Read post number 6. No need to apologize.

Carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: Skolman

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Apart from Jiricek, Boqvist was the only bluejackets defender who could hit Laine with a solid pass on the powerplay. But the coaching staff kept puttning Werenski out there even though he has no buisness on a nr 1 pp unit.

Needs to work out his defensive game and to "realy" hit the gym this summer, but Barkov's work ethic has a way of tickling down the line up in Florida.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
true, just look at what the oilers did this season turning themselves into a good defensive team
They already were one, Skinner was just saving at .790. Unless you're saying that was the D's fault.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If the Panthers can convince his body not to be wrecked by playing hockey, then it's probably OK. (Technically, for the price, it's probably OK anyway.)

Yes, Florida's scheme has been able to give new life to some defenders, or minimize their weaknesses and maximize their strengths. Since I have no ill will toward Boquist or the Panthers, I hope it works out. But every offseason it's been the same story, kid could really do something if he can stay healthy. And then they start playing hockey.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Of course Florida signs him. I wanted him in Buffalo with Dahlin to mentor him but sabres fans said that was stupid.

So he will go to Florida and mature there and will turn into a top 4. The rich get richer.
Hes about to be 24 - he isnt going to turn it on now out of nowhere and didnt develop in other leagues before wallowing

Montour also has a singular season that stands out - he isnt exactly some great comparable to what you were going for

Boqvist didn't play a game in the AHL last year. Hasn't played one in 6 years actually. Your takes are so bad.
Just because he hasnt played in the AHL doesnt mean maybe he shouldnt be; hes not good lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hes about to be 24 - he isnt going to turn it on now out of nowhere and didnt develop in other leagues before wallowing

Montour also has a singular season that stands out - he isnt exactly some great comparable to what you were going for

Just because he hasnt played in the AHL doesnt mean maybe he shouldnt be; hes not good lol
Man this post is tough. Plenty of players develop in their mid 20's. Literally countless examples. He hasn't played in 6 years. You're doubling down on this terrible take? Lol sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad