Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Adam Boqvist signs with the Panthers (1 year, $775k)

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Hes about to be 24 - he isnt going to turn it on now out of nowhere and didnt develop in other leagues before wallowing

Montour also has a singular season that stands out - he isnt exactly some great comparable to what you were going for

Just because he hasnt played in the AHL doesnt mean maybe he shouldnt be; hes not good lol
"He's about to be 24"

So he is 23 like I said. NOT 24.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Man this post is tough. Plenty of players develop in their mid 20's. Literally countless examples. He hasn't played in 6 years. You're doubling down on this terrible take? Lol sad.
Plenty of players develop into better talents in their mid-20s, youre exactly right; especially defenseman and bigger ones at that

Except most dont have the NHL time, bouncing around that hes had; and that is crucial to a players development curve and why we so often see younger busts from the first two rounds never quite bounce anywhere near back to their expected value

Boqvist has spent zero time truly developing with the minutes hes needed in those six years you mention; but sure, Im waiting for him to become something much more!

"He's about to be 24"

So he is 23 like I said. NOT 24.
My comment wasnt specific to your words on age - I simply worded it that randomly

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I know there's the Florida/Zito Stanley Cup winning high where every pickup is the next potential all time big steal move because some of the last ones were, but fundamentally, he's a 24 year old, former top 10 pick that got over 200 games of NHL opportunity that struggles staying healthy and in his own zone without being a difference maker as a puck mover or in the offensive zone. He was bought out of the last year of a modest deal and available to 32/32 teams and could only muster a 1 year league minimum deal. He "could put it together" in the same way any other player in his position on the fringes of the NHL at his age could, but I wouldn't look at him as anything more than a dart throw 7th defenseman at this stage.

I'd only call it a "Florida move" if you were somehow combining the Forsling/Verhaeghe castaway pickups with the Reinhart/Bennett "buy low" of former high draft picks into one and the same, but Forsling/Verhaeghe weren't former top picks and Reinhart/Bennett weren't basically out of the League, signed for nothing players.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Plenty of players develop into better talents in their mid-20s, youre exactly right; especially defenseman and bigger ones at that

Except most dont have the NHL time, bouncing around that hes had; and that is crucial to a players development curve and why we so often see younger busts from the first two rounds never quite bounce anywhere near back to their expected value

Boqvist has spent zero time truly developing with the minutes hes needed in those six years you mention; but sure, Im waiting for him to become something much more!
Many players come into their own in situations just like this. Where there is good culture, leadership and structure. We see it time and time again when players in their mid 20's thrive in winning organizations. Happened in Pittsburgh, Chicago and Tampa. He was in bad situations before. He has the talent and will be put into a position to succeed. Your doubt and inability to identify a very common situational trait while being this confident about your opinion... well that's your own prerogative.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Seems like the perfect place for Boquist. I think the Panthers found the "Fontain of Reclamation" in a swamp someone down there because they seem to have the Midas touch when it comes to this type of player. The big thing is obviously health, so good luck to A. Boquist.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad