OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Does Canada get a pass for the spying after lending its national treasure for the final of the ceremony?
Lol at people having a hussy fit about a drone watching soccer practice .For crying out loud most of the soccer games i watch lucky to score a goal or 2 between both teams.It's all about cheating without getting caught and most countries do a lot worse than flying a drone around .We are way behind. Besides that i always love watching the Olympics even though most of the time Canada are competing against doped up athletes

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Lol at people having a hussy fit about a drone watching soccer practice .For crying out loud most of the soccer games i watch lucky to score a goal or 2 between both teams.It's all about cheating without getting caught and most countries do a lot worse than flying a drone around .We are way behind. Besides that i always love watching the Olympics even though most of the time Canada are competing against doped up athletes
It don’t make a difference , exactly why doing it was utterly stupid especially it’s clear against the rules …. If in doubt ask the New England patriots or the nfl

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Imagine.....making a show like this on a river......

All the works , money, timing etc...
Athletes on boats etc.

Historical event.

No country or city even tried this before....it was always in Stadiums....a lot easier to do.

Paris...what a great city!
Not only river ! Many places in the city too…. I was sure I would be critical aftwr but can’t . Was magical

Reactions: crosbyshow

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
The Fiba World Tournament last year was really entertaining to watch and Canada has the same core group where they added Jamal Murray, Andrew Nembhard, Trey Lyles & Khem Birch

Canada has a real chance to grab an Olympic medal in basketball. The team is stacked with NBA players and they have a superstar in SGA. First game is tomorrow against Greece I believe.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
The olympics are so woke now, doubt I'll watch any of it. So wait I'm shamed for driving my car to work, carbon emmissions etc, but let's celebrate a million or so flocking to Paris for the sake of sport, this pollution is ok.

So confused , getting old I guess
Sadly I'm the opposite. I'll watch any event, if a Canadian is in it.

I'm ordering you a couple of rocking chairs. The extra one is so that I can come and visit lol

Lol... I usually do ladies beach volleyball... it's a nice sport.
Lol I'm only allowed to watch that when my wife and kid aren't home.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Event is run by scum and riddled with cheaters. I never watch it.
A lot of my friends feel the same way. That could be said about most sporting events that we watch though. Personally I try to overlook all of that, looking more at all the hard work and dedication. The "mostly" clean athletes have to endure.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
You mean you don’t like watching drag queens mock Christ?

b6fyd3w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Enjoy the moment my friend . Don’t overthink it .
One thing about getting older (me too by the way) we don’t know how many great sporting moment we have to enjoy more ,. Let’s cheer our athletes . And just enjoy the sports part of it , regardless what each of us might think on other matters.

Give me a 100 gold , a shock in basketball and all else is good lol

the problem is the day after its done, it doesn't mean much to me. The days of this being about amateur athletes is long gone, those moments meant more for me. I'm getting old lol

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I really don't care about summer Olympics, especially the opening ceremonies.. But I had a friend that came over tonight show me the Gojira AND the Céline Dion performances and... wow.. holy shit that was amazing.

Céline was so powerful on la Tour Eiffel, god damn.

And Gojira, signing ça ira ça ira? Are you f***ing kidding me? And then the 'blood' explosion on the the walls of la conciergerie? WHAT? You can't make this shit up.

Both those performances made this grown ass man tear up, not going to lie...

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
You mean you don’t like watching drag queens mock Christ?

I have no religious skin in the game and I still found this super distasteful.

Not if Tim Curry isn't involved

Correct.

Yes let's promote le ebin trad values instead like killing gays and raping choirboys.

Please don't bring that sigma incel shit on HF.

How about neither? What does mockery of religion and shoving peoples' sexual identities and kinks in your face have to do with sport? Would people feel the same if they mocked other sacred cow religions too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad