Fire Shanahan/Dubas (Yay or Nay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Shanahan/Dubas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
the problem is and has always been the JT signing , Dubas gave him an absurd contract then tried to spin it as a discount

M and M watched him for a season and said f*** a discount we're better than him and used his deal as the floor in negotiations

Marner may have shit the bed in the playoffs but he's a top 5 point producer and a large reason Mathews ran away with the rocket so i'll easily gamble keeping him at his age and hope he improves in the post season . You don't trade a kid that produces like he does and elevates his line mates regardless of how poorly he did in the playoffs .

Dubas only hope to save his job and improve the team is to have the nuts and luck to move JT since this team is going no where with him chewing up 11m of cap .
Unfortunately, Tavares has a NMC

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I wonder if dubas took notice of today’s gold medal game :)

If we were down a goal in an important game we would have folded long time a go

Kudos to the boys. Being down and out earlybin the tournament found a way come back and win. Thst takes so much grit and heart

Reactions: leafsfan5

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Don't worry. When we miss the playoffs/bow out in the 1st round next year, his fan club will demand one more year because it was (insert player here) fault.
upload_2021-6-6_17-47-42.png

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yes - it's the fans
4 first round exits where they show little compete and no push-back. Where the "stars" get shut down. But hey let's wait a few years until they're in their prime
What a post
Actually it is the fans, the fans who enable this joke of a sports team to be mediocre at best and still have the most loyal fan base in the league, why would ownership insist on providing a better product when the current sub standard one they can’t keep on the shelves.........

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Holy Smokes. I can't believe how sour I am about TOR. I don't want to see Keefe, Duabs, and Shinny anymore. I can't stand the sight of them.

Whatever they do at the expansion draft/draft will be followed by automatic criticism and jeers from me.

The only thing that might make me feel like they are not totally numb to their dire employment situation is if they fire Keefe.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
100%

He co-signed Dubas.

If you co-sign someone that cooks meth in their apartment you're liable.

Dubas/Shanahan need to go.

New GM Hired.

First move should be changing the image of the team by trading Marner

That at least tells fans you care and can learn from your mistakes. Letting guys like Marner get away with all the bs on the ice and contract stuff is weakness. You can't have owners/manages afraid of little twerps. We lost on the ice because we're twerps and we lose to the same twerps during negotiations.

What did MM do to earn that? Look what Sid took. It's laughable and because you can't trade Tavares you have to break this overrated, soft core up. Ok, easy. Trade the guy that is the worst player of the 4 and also the weakest mentally/physically. The crazy part is.... We can get back something good. Something that can lift a backpack without falling over.

Reactions: The Masters

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Besides Keefe, let’s not forget Dubas’ other coaching hire that has also absolutely stunk: Greg Moore.
Next you’ll have the Kyle fan club Telling us we’re living in the past he’s got a terrible past record personally I don’t want him at the draft table do you?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Taxes baby, to these Generation Whatevers it is all about the money. He would be paying 1/3 to 1/4 less taxes in the U.S. He is also an American. We, as Canadians, are stuck with the questionable decisions our leaders make. He has to be disgusted by what has gone on here. If he had been in the States, he would have been free to move around maskless for quite some time.

The tax issue is somewhat overblown in general for preferential locations for these guys. Pro athletes at his level have different accounting options that most regular people cant use. And his primary residency is already Arizona ect.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
100%

He co-signed Dubas.

If you co-sign someone that cooks meth in their apartment you're liable.

Dubas/Shanahan need to go.

New GM Hired.

First move should be changing the image of the team by trading Marner

That at least tells fans you care and can learn from your mistakes. Letting guys like Marner get away with all the bs on the ice and contract stuff is weakness. You can't have owners/manages afraid of little twerps. We lost on the ice because we're twerps and we lose to the same twerps during negotiations.

What did MM do to earn that? Look what Sid took. It's laughable and because you can't trade Tavares you have to break this overrated, soft core up. Ok, easy. Trade the guy that is the worst player of the 4 and also the weakest mentally/physically. The crazy part is.... We can get back something good. Something that can lift a backpack without falling over.
you can trade Tavares , you just need to have the balls to sit him down and tell him he's no longer wanted on this team since this model of team building will never succeed

i know Marner is the favorite whipping boy right now but JT is by far the worst of our big 4 and is also by far the oldest , not to mention he hasn't done shit in the playoffs either

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
A fan base wants a President fired when his team finished in 1st in their division and lost a 7 game series after losing a key piece to a freak injury.

good times. Also explains why none of you would ever go anywhere in hockey :laugh:
Finished 1st in an all Canadian division deemed not the strongest and also struggled in games against lower tiered teams that play physical and high tenacity forecheck throughout the season which was a precursor to how to play this team and bingo failure raises its ugly head yet again. Still won 3 games to take a 3-1 lead after losing that key piece you mention.
Get off your high horse accusing everyone going nowhere in hockey watch some other real playoff games to see how real post season hockey is played with unbridled intensity that this team cannot match or is nowhere near, see how long your laughing emoje lasts then when we will be all out to even make post season next year when stronger teams are again added to the Atlantic division and a losing culture that looms over this team after yet another heartbreaking loss.

Reactions: egd27

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
you can trade Tavares , you just need to have the balls to sit him down and tell him he's no longer wanted on this team since this model of team building will never succeed

i know Marner is the favorite whipping boy right now but JT is by far the worst of our big 4 and is also by far the oldest , not to mention he hasn't done shit in the playoffs either
I would trade both for nothing, so we can use the cap tbh. I honestly think they're a double negative out there. That would probably make getting to the playoffs tougher but would force Toronto to develop within and it would be worth it

So yeah, I'm with you on JT. I didn't want him in 2018 and I don't want him now. Idc how many make a wish segments he does, he's boring and not that good of a player to justify the hype/money. For what he's giving them, he isn't even worth it. Again, HF.... don't come at me because he is a nice guy. I don't care.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just doesn't seem like something to be overly worried about. If the Leafs get things back on track Matthews will want to be here, and if things go sideways maybe the Leafs will want to go in another direction in a few years time.

Oh I'm not overly worried about it. I just think he won't resign.

Reactions: yubbers

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
I don't think I'm being critical of Lamoriello. Just don't think the Islanders have horses to be a cup winning franchise. They are a well run, mid tier team that competes hard and values a completely different type of veteran program based player compared to the Leafs. Without guys like Brodeur, Niedermayer, Stevens, Elias, etc. this type of program ends up like the 2015-2017 New Jersey Devils.

Anyway, comparing Lamoriello to Dubas is obviously not going to look great for Kyle Dubas.
I'll still gladly take that team over this farce of a circus anyday, because as you said they are well run and compete hard and anything can happen with a few good bounces while the work ethic and some good skill guys are there.

This debaucle has been a 50+ yr Cup drought
17 yrs since moving on from a 1st round
choking in the most heartbreaking ways even 2013, however I don't hold the Wash. series against them and give them some apathy the 1st Boston series but thats it.

How can these clowns past present even show their faces or call themselves hockey people with this dismal miserable resume. Fack I would wanna find the biggest ostrich hole

Feb 24, 2004
If we were down a goal in an important game we would have folded long time a go

Kudos to the boys. Being down and out earlybin the tournament found a way come back and win. Thst takes so much grit and heart

Yeah the Leafs haven't come back from multi goal deficits in any important games recently.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Oh I'm not overly worried about it. I just think he won't resign.

That's why you start talking contract 6 months before his NMC kicks in. You get a feel for what he is going to want and if he won't agree to put pen to paper....trade him for a haul. I would hate to see him go...but if he is going to go...Matthews will bring back a haul of players.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah the Leafs haven't come back from multi goal deficits in any important games recently.

That has always been a negative to me and not a good thing. Think about it...they don't mind coming out slowly or feeling their way into a game because they feel they can just turn it on whenever it's needed and catch up. It gives them an excuse to not come storming out of the gate and I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad