Fire Shanahan/Dubas (Yay or Nay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Shanahan/Dubas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
People can voice their displeasure if they want to. Just because you don't like it or that it hurts your feelings doesn't mean that the rest of us have to do your whiny bidding.

Suck it up, buttercup!

If you don't like it, just ignore the thread, it's that simple.
so much for free speech, lock it up if it doesn't fit the narrative...............

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Move Rielly for a #1 prospect and #1 pick and sign Hamilton. Andy and Hyman walk. Voila. Enough cap space to sign Hamilton, a UFA goalie (Drieger??) and a Hyman replacement (Goodrow??).

If possible, don't mind that at all.

And a Campbell/Driedger tandem for under what? 4M? would be golden for us.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I'm fairly sure the "dumdums" are the ones who want this sorry excuse of a gm to come back for a 4th year.

Do you enjoy losing in the first round? Its insanity.

You've been wrong for 3 years. Its time you accept reality.
I've actually come to the realization it doesn't really matter to be honest. I don't see a way how we can compete with 3 x 11mil players. To be honest, I don't see a way how we can compete with 2 x 11mil players. Colorado, Tampa, Islanders, Carolina and Vegas are so far ahead of us it isn't funny. (It is for them).

We can't trade Matthews. Doubt Tavares moves his NTC (probably can't even ask him after what you sold him on). Nylander is the only one not overpaid with regards to AAV and term. And you'll lose any Marner trade.

Dubas has f***ed up so big that I don't see a way it can be undone. Who cares who the GM is until Matthews walks and we can let Tavares walk and we'll be able to restructure the cap situation.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I've actually come to the realization it doesn't really matter to be honest. I don't see a way how we can compete with 3 x 11mil players. To be honest, I don't see a way how we can compete with 2 x 11mil players. Colorado, Tampa, Islanders, Carolina and Vegas are so far ahead of us it isn't funny. (It is for them).

We can't trade Matthews. Doubt Tavares moves his NTC (probably can't even ask him after what you sold him on). Nylander is the only one not overpaid with regards to AAV and term. And you'll lose any Marner trade.

Dubas has f***ed up so big that I don't see a way it can be undone. Who cares who the GM is until Matthews walks and we can let Tavares walk and we'll be able to restructure the cap situation.

Problem is this regime is giving away the future to compensate against having no cap room to add. It would be fine in a year where the team was not a fraud.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Problem is this regime is giving away the future to compensate against having no cap room to add. It would be fine in a year where the team was not a fraud.
Oh I agree. I just think the damage has been done and I can't see a way we can seriously compete until 2 of the 11mil guys have gone. I just think we're up shit creek.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Leafs are already missing their 1st, 3rd, 4th, 7th from 2021 and 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th from 2022.

This is the fallout on having no cap space, and also connected to 4 forwards eating 1/2 your cap..

Leafs need to keep mortgaging their future so the prospect pool is going to get very thin and its these cheap ELC contracts that are the best way to offset these high contracts.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Leafs are already missing their 1st, 3rd, 4th, 7th from 2021 and 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th from 2022.

This is the fallout on having no cap space, and also connected to 4 forwards eating 1/2 your cap..

Leafs need to keep mortgaging their future so the prospect pool is going to get very thin and its these cheap ELC contracts that are the best way to offset these high contracts.

But the master spinner of blue and white says we are in a good cap situation. Sigh.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I was shocked to read that 17/18 highest paid players are out already....and yet we still think the top heavy approach wins...."something..something...you can't have too much talent"...
Many of us have been saying this for a few years now that you can’t win with so many high paid players especially when they are all forward.
We get scoffed at by the Dubas cult all the time

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

This is very sad but very true. Those teams have gotten so much better since Shanny has taken over its totally not funny.
If MLSE keeps Shanny and Dubas and in turn they keep all 3 of the 11 million dollar players how are we supposed to have any excitement next year no matter how well they are doing in the regular season? They will most likely choke it off again IF they even make the playoffs

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Many of us have been saying this for a few years now that you can’t win with so many high paid players especially when they are all forward.
We get scoffed at by the Dubas cult all the time

But you can win with 3 players making 8 digit salaries; in basketball.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
A fan base wants a President fired when his team finished in 1st in their division and lost a 7 game series after losing a key piece to a freak injury.

good times. Also explains why none of you would ever go anywhere in hockey :laugh:

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I was shocked to read that 17/18 highest paid players are out already....and yet we still think the top heavy approach wins...."something..something...you can't have too much talent"...

I was mocked for bringing this up multiple times in the past.

No team has won a cup with even 1 player making over 10 mil.

Barely any teams have won even a single round with a 10+ mil player.

We have 3 and not one is on an 8 year deal.

I thought dubas was supposed to be smart? Its starting to look more and more like he has no idea what he's doing.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
A fan base wants a President fired when his team finished in 1st in their division and lost a 7 game series after losing a key piece to a freak injury.

good times. Also explains why none of you would ever go anywhere in hockey :laugh:
Omitting what actually happened to continue to support your perspective. Do you happen to work in law?

Finished 1st in a joke of a division which won't be the case next year where leafs are 3rd to 6th best team

We're up 3-1 even after losing said star player and won 3 in a row without the player

Team failed to close out the series not 1, not 2 , but 3 times to the 18th seeded team in the league

We're extreme favorites to win this series

You yourself were going on from game 5 to 7 how people were overreacting and leafs would win the series in the end

President has been here for 7 years and has not won 1 single round in his tenure with 5 straight 1st round exits, 3 of which we were supposed to win

GM/President refuse to make any major changes and have said the core is safe, marner is safe. Will make small additions/replacements to the bottom of the lineup but otherwise are running back the team which lost to the worst playoff team in the league

Shanahan should've been fired after CBJ. This loss to MTL has him entering Bergervin level for incompetence only to be saved by a idiotic owner(s) who are blindly committed to a man who won't be capable of helping build a winner

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

no , the fan base wants the President/GM/Coach fired for not being able to advance out of a extremely weak division

and i'm always amazed why some people are more fans of mgmt than the team

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
no , the fan base wants the President/GM/Coach fired for not being able to advance out of a extremely weak division

I honestly think most of the dubas cult aren't even leaf fans. They are just dubas fan boys.

I doubt most of them ever played competive sports, like dubas, so they are rooting for Kyle to do well. Very strange.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Omitting what actually happened to continue to support your perspective. Do you happen to work in law?

Finished 1st in a joke of a division which won't be the case next year where leafs are 3rd to 6th best team

We're up 3-1 even after losing said star player and won 3 in a row without the player

Team failed to close out the series not 1, not 2 , but 3 times to the 18th seeded team in the league

We're extreme favorites to win this series

You yourself were going on from game 5 to 7 how people were overreacting and leafs would win the series in the end

President has been here for 7 years and has not won 1 single round in his tenure with 5 straight 1st round exits, 3 of which we were supposed to win

GM/President refuse to make any major changes and have said the core is safe, marner is safe. Will make small additions/replacements to the bottom of the lineup but otherwise are running back the team which lost to the worst playoff team in the league

Shanahan should've been fired after CBJ. This loss to MTL has him entering Bergervin level for incompetence only to be saved by a idiotic owner(s) who are blindly committed to a man who won't be capable of helping build a winner

well said. Listen, Brian Burke was leafs president for 5 years with no playoff round wins and then fired, as the poster above said, shanahan has been here for 7 years, I guess shanahan’s playing career has more clout than Burke who has infinite amount of education and nhl front office experience, now that’s weird!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Or individuals.
But when you don’t have a history of team success, the only thing you have is being able to say your player (individual) is better than their player. You will never let go.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I honestly think most of the dubas cult aren't even leaf fans. They are just dubas fan boys.

I doubt most of them ever played competive sports, like dubas, so they are rooting for Kyle to do well. Very strange.
yup some are fans of him because they too weren't athlete's , some are probably from the Soo/North Ont and support him because he's from the area

but the majority i believe support him like they did Burke because they believe the GM/Team are the same entity , they don't understand how you can cheer for the one without supporting the other

Reactions: Garthinater

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Take a look at the Bruins 3rd line with Coyle, Debrusk, Ritchie.
Now look what we ice in Engvall, Michayev, whatever. You need a top 9 to win the cup.

Then Boston still has Bergeron,Pastrnak,Marchand,Krejci, ability to add afford Hall, etc.
So you want our intensity challenged 4 to not only defeat that and get the better of the 3rd line at the same time nobody else is matching. And that’s just Boston. Didn’t get to Tampa, NY, Washington, Carolina,etc.

Seriously, the build is flawed. Top heavy money, playoff scoring problems, on and on.
And people want to go for try no. 6?

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

How many more 1st round exits will it take before it isn't laugh-emoji ridiculous any longer? 2 more? 5 more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad