Fire Shanahan/Dubas (Yay or Nay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Shanahan/Dubas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Eichel for Marner feels like trading drama-heavy for drama-lite. Don't want Eichel. Jones is what we need positionally. Can't trade Tavares. Can't trade Matthews. Shouldn't trade Nylander...What other piece is there to move that number one defenceman needle?
Agree Jones is a much better target the Eichel (head case), but no reason not to trade AM or WN if it makes the team better, in fact that’s exactly what idiot Shanahan should have said at his presser, “no one’s untradable if it makes the team better.”

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The country club thing is a nonsense pejorative. People are ticked, fine, but none of those guys get where they are without real effort and desire. The notion it's lacking is just built in confirmation bias of people who have a very specific view of what a player should be.
Kris Versteeg explained it well on Sportsnet. There’s another gear the top players get to, and he described seeing it from Toews, Kane, Doughty etc.

It’s not that they’re not trying, it’s that they’re not elevating and getting to that level when it’s most important.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Shanny era is the best era in franchise history, since the 60s at least.
Weren't you a leaf fan during the Quinn Era or did you completely wipe out the most successful era the leafs have had since the 90s. Quinn was the Coach and GM for parts of the era but the success of the team speaks for itself

98/99 --> Conference final run, with a loss in 5 to the Hasek (best or 2nd best player in the world at the time)

99/00 --> Conference semi-final run, lost in 6 to the Dynastic Devils (Lou's team)

00/01 --> Conference semi-final run, lost in 7 to the Dynastic Devils again

01/02 --> Conference final run, lost in 6 to the canes (Sadly we choked here)

02/03 --> Conference quarter-final run with a tough 7 game loss

03/04 --> Conference semi-final run losing in 6 to the flyers

05/06 --> 9th seed and ended up missing the playoffs.

7 years we saw 6 playoff series wins vs "Shanahan Era" where we have seen 0 playoff series wins, 1 playoff miss early in his tenure, and 1 play-in loss.

The Quinn Era leafs were easily more successful then this era. Leafs just lost to the 18th seeded habs blowing a 3-1 lead, this loss is almost as bad as the bolts loss to CBJ or the Bruins loss to 7th seeded flyers in 2010 up 3-0.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Malhotra was a weird one. He was a defensive forward hired to coach the PP?

I think he could add to a coaching staff, but in his area of experience.

Odd. Another wtf?
Was malholtra hired for his abilities or was he hired to make MLSE look progressive? Serious question.
I asked the same question when wickenheiser and goyette were hired.

Reactions: FraumBallard

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The depth played great these playoffs tho.
You have 4 guys making 40 million when salary cap is just over 80 million. Almost half the entire cap.

If those 4 guys aren't producing 45-50 % of the teams total points they are getting paid to much. When Matthews-Marner are top 5 in points (regular season) this team is elite and in 1st. When those guys don't show up this team is bad, really bad... Some things really are that simple.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Weren't you a leaf fan during the Quinn Era or did you completely wipe out the most successful era the leafs have had since the 90s. Quinn was the Coach and GM for parts of the era but the success of the team speaks for itself

98/99 --> Conference final run, with a loss in 5 to the Hasek (best or 2nd best player in the world at the time)

99/00 --> Conference semi-final run, lost in 6 to the Dynastic Devils (Lou's team)

7 years we saw 6 playoff series wins vs "Shanahan Era" where we have seen 0 playoff series wins, 1 playoff miss early in his tenure, and 1 play-in loss.

The Quinn Era leafs were easily more successful then this era. Leafs just lost to the 18th seeded habs blowing a 3-1 lead, this loss is almost as bad as the bolts loss to CBJ or the Bruins loss to 7th seeded flyers in 2010 up 3-0.
It’s not wins that matter, it’s the expected wins that count.
Shanahan Leafs are just unlucky :laugh:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It’s not wins that matter, it’s the expected wins that count.
Shanahan Leafs are just unlucky :laugh:
I just don't know how much longer we can wait for the "bad luck" to reverse. Playoffs in a short sample really diminish the value of traditional possession and advance stats with lessor teams being able to win games playing a defensive style, getting hot goaltending, and facing a team like the leafs who don't have the mental fortitude to push through and break the wall.

Leaf's won't likely ever have good luck in the playoffs due to our systematic style, our core players reluctance to change and adopt their games, our coach continuing the tradition of useless line matching and stubbornness, and our overall un clutch shooting selection from wingers/players who don't have strong/powerful shots to beat set goalies cleanly.

We can blame luck again for a 3rd year in a row and accept that 5 1st round exists are wonderful, or we can get serious and make moves and changes which help reconstruct the team towards hopefully becoming a playoff winner next year.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Except for the fact that Hyman’s never won in the playoffs.
Not with our current dolls. If a doll presence is huge sire, like lets say even 40%, they make others (lost series thugs) worse while at it. If a team consists so many dolls, the atmosphere is hard to keep alive. Thuggish ruggish bone. We have too high of a percentage of dolls. We got rich dolls too, so that's even WORSE milord. Our current thugs can't affiliate all of the dolls................... we need to get rid of mo dolls and add mo thugs. Add that up sire. Its easy to calculate and know thangs.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
You have 4 guys making 40 million when salary cap is just over 80 million. Almost half the entire cap.

If those 4 guys aren't producing 45-50 % of the teams total points they are getting paid to much. When Matthews-Marner are top 5 in points (regular season) this team is elite and in 1st. When those guys don't show up this team is bad, really bad... Some things really are that simple.
So going by your logic when it gets to the playoffs they should relax because they played good all season and the people making the minimum sorry should carry them to the cup what kind of logic is that here fool me once shame on you fool me more than once shame on me if you ever heard that logic

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
So going by your logic when it gets to the playoffs they should relax because they played good all season and the people making the minimum sorry should carry them to the cup what kind of logic is that here fool me once shame on you fool me more than once shame on me if you ever heard that logic
Dude, what?
You totally didn’t take away the meaning of my post. I meant the opposite. Read it again.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Dude, what?
You totally didn’t take away the meaning of my post. I meant the opposite. Read it again.
Must wrote another post I thought you were saying the secondary players to blame it’s their fault there’s an awful lot of people trying to deflect the blame my bad man :D

Reactions: 63 others

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015

How many times can Shanahan and dubas Take a vote in this pole I can only do it once because nobody in their right mind should be buying what their selling anymore How many more years are we going to let to laugh in are faces

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Does Dubas ever control himself in tht media?

He already dicked himself in multiple contract negotiations with media comments and now goes all in on keeping Marner ( also with the Matthews you guys have fun with they quote into his statement).

Like cool keep him if you want but maybe make them feel the heat a little bit. Just bending over and putting no pressure on these dudes to perform or getting rid of any minimal road block for his core like Babcock because they hurt their feelings. It's no wonder why they don't really seem to care about the loss they're not expected to win.

I'm very worried he's about to sell a bunch of assets for Seth Jones ( like nylander and Riley etc for him). Because he thinks it'll be a splash move the CBJ GM is a very good trade negotiator for value while we've seen Dubas when he gets locked into his shiny toys

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Must wrote another post I thought you were saying the secondary players to blame it’s their fault there’s an awful lot of people trying to deflect the blame my bad man :D

Regular season top 4 scoring vs team

Top 4: Matthews, Marner Tavares, Nylander: 97 goals = 52 % of goals.
Rest of the entire team: 89 goals = 48 % of goals.

Playoffs top 4 scoring vs team
Top 4: Matthews, Marner Tavares, Nylander: 6 goals = 33.3 % of goals
Rest of the entire team: 12 goals = 66.6 % of goals.

The rest of the team produced more in the playoffs vs the top 4 despite it being the opposite in the regular season.

If we look at just the big 3 of Tavares, Marner, Matthews

1 goal from 33 million of Tavares, Marner, Matthews = 5.5 % of playoffs goals
vs regular season they had 80 goals which is 43 %.

So the big 3 went from 43 % of team goals (reg season) to 5.5 % of team goals in playoffs.

So yeah, clearly it's on 2 guys - Matthews and Marner. J.T gets a pass. Everyone else did their job except Matthews, Marner and Keefe not being able to make it work.

To be honest to have this much inbalance in scoring is inherently high risk when in playoffs teams can do a better job of shutting down one line, like what we saw with Matthews and McDavid.

Last edited:

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
It's fitting that Nylander (the best value contract of the big four) and Spezza (the best value contract in the NHL) were our top scorers in the playoffs.

I was shocked to read that 17/18 highest paid players are out already....and yet we still think the top heavy approach wins...."something..something...you can't have too much talent"...

Reactions: Garthinater

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
NAY

you dumdums.

I'm fairly sure the "dumdums" are the ones who want this sorry excuse of a gm to come back for a 4th year.

Do you enjoy losing in the first round? Its insanity.

You've been wrong for 3 years. Its time you accept reality.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
He got traded because Dubas insisted on Marner getting his life-changing pay day..

Don't forget 34.

3rd highest cap hit on the shortest term of anyone in the top 25 with a career high of 63 points at time of signing.

If matthews got a reasonable deal, like 11 x 8, marner is not getting 10.9 x 6.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Don't forget 34.

3rd highest cap hit on the shortest term of anyone in the top 25 with a career high of 63 points at time of signing.

If matthews got a reasonable deal, like 11 x 8, marner is not getting 10.9 x 6.
There’s always going to a part of the fan base that’s going to give the other gutless wonder a pass.

Reactions: Garthinater

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
There’s always going to a part of the fan base that’s going to give the other gutless wonder a pass.

Its crazy that the player who signed for longer and less money gets all the heat while the 3rd most expensive player in the league on only a 5 years deal escapes virtually all criticism.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Close this thread. We don't need the same thread saying the same thing using different and mocking words.

People can voice their displeasure if they want to. Just because you don't like it or that it hurts your feelings doesn't mean that the rest of us have to do your whiny bidding.

Suck it up, buttercup!

If you don't like it, just ignore the thread, it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad