Proposal: Fire sell Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Is that really that high? Lehkonen isn't a rental, he's an RFA. A late 2nd+ is not really high, he's basically in the Janmark camp last deadline, but a pending RFA instead of a pending UFA.

Since there's no reason to move Dvorak now, the ask at this point would probably a recoup of what the Habs gave up for him (late 1st, likely mid to high 2nd in future draft).

To me Jost+3rd is probably the counter offer and imo would be a fairly reasonable offer for Lehkonen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To me Jost+3rd is probably the counter offer and imo would be a fairly reasonable offer for Lehkonen.

Might be considered a fair offer to you in value but we don't have interest in Jost. If the Habs move out guys like Lehkonen, Toffoli, Hoffman, etc, it's to make room for the guys that are close to NHL ready and return futures. All Jost does is take a roster spot blocking guys we have knocking on the door in Laval.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Here is what I'd try to do. I don't think it's possible to trade Gallagher and Price unless the team retain a lot of money. And even then, so I scrapped those ideas. I try to see if there's any taker for Petry, Kulak, Armia, Hoffman but I'm not confident there will be many takers.

To Colorado :
Jake Allen (1 year left @ 2,875M$ after this season)
Jonathan Drouin (1 year left @ 5,5M$ after this season)

To Montréal :
Samuel Girard (5 years left @ 5M$ after this season)

Reasoning : Yes there is that chemistry history between Mack and Drouin dating their junior years. But I also think the Avalanche need extra secondary scoring and Drouin can provide just that. He's prove this year his mind is back in the game. Allen is a better option between the nets than anything they have right now. He could split the load with Kuemper.

To NY Rangers :

Tyler Toffoli (2 years left @ 4,25M$ after this season)

To Montréal :
Vitali Kratsov
Alexandar Georgiev

Reasoning : I read here the Rangers need an extra top 6 forward. Toffoli brings same sort of offensive power JT Miller used to bring to the Rangers, minus the drama involving him around the team. He's on a great contract. We know the situation surrounding Kratsov. I don't think the Rangers value Georgiev anymore.

To Edmonton :
Ben Chiarot (UFA after this season)
Artturi Lehkonen (RFA after this season)

To Montréal
2022 1st round pick
Raphael Lavoie

Reasoning : I think Chiarot is a brillant fit in Edmonton. He seems to like to play in Canada so he could re-sign there no problem. He was a monster for the team last playoff. He brings grit and toughness and he's okay offensively. Lehkonen I think has more value than people are ready to accept here, those feisty middle six forward great defensively seems to come at a premium (Coleman, Goodrow, Weise, Gaustad...).

To Pittsburgh :
Chris Wideman (UFA after this season)

To Montréal :
2021 4th round pick

Reasoning : Wideman could help the Penguins powerplay. He has actually been pretty good since coming over KHL even in his own zone. Could help a playoff team no problem.

Habs get this to start next season, which would be another tank year.

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
Hoffman - Dvorak - Kravtsov
Poehling - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta - Lavoie - Armia

Romanov - Petry
Girard - Savard
Guhle - Edmundson
Norlinder

Price
Georgiev

Please count Edmonton out on this .

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think Montreal just hangs up the phone then, they're probably not interested in Jost at all. And they probably want to clear cap if they're moving Lekhonen.
My comparable for Lehkonen is Goodrow. I want 2 firsts (or equivalent) I'm keeping him. There is no reason to move a 26 year old who brings a lot of energy and hard work to this team.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
My comparable for Lehkonen is Goodrow. I want 2 firsts (or equivalent) I'm keeping him. There is no reason to move a 26 year old who brings a lot of energy and hard work to this team.

Goodrow got a 1st and a warm body. And he was on the 1st year of a sub-1mil AAV 2 year deal. Lehkonen probably doesn't return a 1st, but should get a better deal for them than Jost and a 3rd. Montreal probably needs lottery shots at a player that could be more than a strong two-way bottom-six forward like Lehkonen. Especially with their cap situation and general roster make-up.

Reactions: Archijerej

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Do they even have anyone healthy enough to trade???Yikes that injury list is long

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Unless that picks transforms into Broberg or Holloway, why would Habs do this?
Weird flex that the Ottawa Senators prospect and pick would suddenly become Edmonton Oilers players - but sure great contribution.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Weird flex that the Ottawa Senators prospect and pick would suddenly become Edmonton Oilers players - but sure great contribution.
Sorry, read Samorukov

Doesn't change the fact Habs do not need another winger for what will be our Ekholm

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Here is what I'd try to do. I don't think it's possible to trade Gallagher and Price unless the team retain a lot of money. And even then, so I scrapped those ideas. I try to see if there's any taker for Petry, Kulak, Armia, Hoffman but I'm not confident there will be many takers.

To Colorado :
Jake Allen (1 year left @ 2,875M$ after this season)
Jonathan Drouin (1 year left @ 5,5M$ after this season)

To Montréal :
Samuel Girard (5 years left @ 5M$ after this season)

Reasoning : Yes there is that chemistry history between Mack and Drouin dating their junior years. But I also think the Avalanche need extra secondary scoring and Drouin can provide just that. He's prove this year his mind is back in the game. Allen is a better option between the nets than anything they have right now. He could split the load with Kuemper.

To NY Rangers :

Tyler Toffoli (2 years left @ 4,25M$ after this season)

To Montréal :
Vitali Kratsov
Alexandar Georgiev

Reasoning : I read here the Rangers need an extra top 6 forward. Toffoli brings same sort of offensive power JT Miller used to bring to the Rangers, minus the drama involving him around the team. He's on a great contract. We know the situation surrounding Kratsov. I don't think the Rangers value Georgiev anymore.

To Edmonton :
Ben Chiarot (UFA after this season)
Artturi Lehkonen (RFA after this season)

To Montréal
2022 1st round pick
Raphael Lavoie

Reasoning : I think Chiarot is a brillant fit in Edmonton. He seems to like to play in Canada so he could re-sign there no problem. He was a monster for the team last playoff. He brings grit and toughness and he's okay offensively. Lehkonen I think has more value than people are ready to accept here, those feisty middle six forward great defensively seems to come at a premium (Coleman, Goodrow, Weise, Gaustad...).

To Pittsburgh :
Chris Wideman (UFA after this season)

To Montréal :
2021 4th round pick

Reasoning : Wideman could help the Penguins powerplay. He has actually been pretty good since coming over KHL even in his own zone. Could help a playoff team no problem.

Habs get this to start next season, which would be another tank year.

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
Hoffman - Dvorak - Kravtsov
Poehling - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta - Lavoie - Armia

Romanov - Petry
Girard - Savard
Guhle - Edmundson
Norlinder

Price
Georgiev

Yes...the Avs should shore up their scoring by trading a top-3 dman, signed long-term, who has put up 14 points for a pending UFA forward that has put up 14 points.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
what i think they are worth

Armia : 2rd pick + 4th pick (28 years old signed up to 2025 at 3,4 mil, top 9 player)
Gallagher : First pick (mid pick) + B+ prospect (great warrior still have lots in him, fun to whatch and could help a booring team sells tickets)
Petry : First pick (mid pick) + 4th pick (Bad start this season but had a great one last year, still a decent player with experience and could help a contender)
Toffoli : First pick (Late pick) (Sniper signed)
Hoffman : 2 x 2nd (Sniper signed)
Chariot : First pick + B prospect (mid pick) (everyone knows he is worth this much)
Lekhonen : 2rd pick + 3rd pick + B prospect (great energy , only 26 years old)
Price : @6mil : First pick + B prospect.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Wonder if Rob Blake would be interested in re-uniting Danault-Gallagher?

They're only 5 points out of a playoff spot right now, and Danault-Gallagher was such a good 5v5 duo for a lot of years.

Brendan Gallagher @ 5m (1.5m retained)
Ben Chiarot @ 1.75m (1.75m retained)

for

Dustin Brown (pending UFA)
1st 2022 (lottery protected, slides to 2023)
Arthur Kaliyev/Francesco Pinelli

How off-base am I? I think it sets up LA pretty nicely for a playoff run looking at their weaknesses.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad