Proposal: Fire sell Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Wonder if Rob Blake would be interested in re-uniting Danault-Gallagher?

They're only 5 points out of a playoff spot right now, and Danault-Gallagher was such a good 5v5 duo for a lot of years.

Brendan Gallagher @ 5m (1.5m retained)
Ben Chiarot @ 1.75m (1.75m retained)

for

Dustin Brown (pending UFA)
1st 2022 (lottery protected, slides to 2023)
Arthur Kaliyev/Francesco Pinelli

How off-base am I? I think it sets up LA pretty nicely for a playoff run looking at their weaknesses.
Switch brown for Kempe

Reactions: CapSpace

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

They're only 5 points out of a playoff spot right now, and Danault-Gallagher was such a good 5v5 duo for a lot of years.

for

How off-base am I? I think it sets up LA pretty nicely for a playoff run looking at their weaknesses.
Value alone this might be okay, but if I'm making decisions in LA this feels like trying to jump the que on the rebuild. The bulk of the King's team are young this deal brings in a rental LHD - yes a need, but not for only 1 season, and a 30 year old Gallagher that is signed long term, and gives up 2 young assets that better fit into the King's cup window. If the Kings want to get better it would be building for beyond this season so the value to make a move for Chiarot seems short sighted, and I would think assets like the Kings 2022 first and Kaliyev might be better used on assets closer to their core age (24-26).

Reactions: Canadienna

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think they trade away Armia, Chariot, Kulak, Toffolli, Gallagher, Perreault and Lehkonen
i think this is spot on . i'd want to have toffoli's blessing though . him and cat may like a return to LA for example . Any thoughts of trading price or petry should wait till at least next year when their healthier and there value will be back up . Next year i'd have drouin and byron on the trade block . For the right return drouin at 50%?retention this year could be possible

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Most team's fans can make this joke legit, not Ottawa's lol
The joke was not a comment on the talent on your team, but rather a jab at the expectations that your fanbase has with regards to trade proposals.

The Sens can just stay the course. The Habs are desperately trying to change directions mid season and are therefore not dealing from a position of strength.

You're not going to get the offers you want and posters like me will be accused of flaming or trolling or hurting feelsies so I feel a simple "No thanks" is in order.

Learn to appreciate what you have.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017

for

zero interest from the kings

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The joke was not a comment on the talent on your team, but rather a jab at the expectations that your fanbase has with regards to trade proposals.

The Sens can just stay the course. The Habs are desperately trying to change directions mid season and are therefore not dealing from a position of strength.

You're not going to get the offers you want and posters like me will be accused of flaming or trolling or hurting feelsies so I feel a simple "No thanks" is in order.

Pierre Dorion’s burner account

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
what i think they are worth

Armia : 2rd pick + 4th pick (28 years old signed up to 2025 at 3,4 mil, top 9 player)
Gallagher : First pick (mid pick) + B+ prospect (great warrior still have lots in him, fun to whatch and could help a booring team sells tickets)
Petry : First pick (mid pick) + 4th pick (Bad start this season but had a great one last year, still a decent player with experience and could help a contender)
Toffoli : First pick (Late pick) (Sniper signed)
Hoffman : 2 x 2nd (Sniper signed)
Chariot : First pick + B prospect (mid pick) (everyone knows he is worth this much)
Lekhonen : 2rd pick + 3rd pick + B prospect (great energy , only 26 years old)
Price : @6mil : First pick + B prospect.
Most of these are overvaluations.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
i think this is spot on . i'd want to have toffoli's blessing though . him and cat may like a return to LA for example . Any thoughts of trading price or petry should wait till at least next year when their healthier and there value will be back up . Next year i'd have drouin and byron on the trade block . For the right return drouin at 50%?retention this year could be possible

Byron would be an interesting pickup, I think they need some vets moving forward. They would have to eat money to move him.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Byron would be an interesting pickup, I think they need some vets moving forward. They would have to eat money to move him.
next year in the last year of his deal with 50 % retention someone will take him for a late pick . if not will let his contract play out

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

Is that what the Sens have been doing like forever? And do you appreciate what the Sens is offering you?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Other than Chiarot, we don't have to be in a rush to trade them all. Even with them, we still have a roster with flaws and are bottom 10 at this stage.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Would like Toffoli in Winnipeg, Connor-PLD-Toffoli, but Jets cap situation makes it impossible.
i'm not sure if toffoli would like to go to winnipeg but is their an expiring contract maybe that could be exchanged with some futures ?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
i'm not sure if toffoli would like to go to winnipeg but is their an expiring contract maybe that could be exchanged with some futures ?
Only 2 that come close are Copp, which is unlikely as the Jets seem to want to keep him, and Stastny, which is unlikely that the Habs would accept, and regardless of which one, they would need to have Beaulieu attached to finish off the cap and for some unknown reason PoMo and Chevy seem to really like and value him.
On top of all that, the Copp and/or Stastny cap relief we get next season is needed to extend PLD and other expiring but needed players, and using it on Toffoli would cause serious problems this coming offseason.
So, as you can see… wouldn’t work.

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Other than Chiarot, we don't have to be in a rush to trade them all. Even with them, we still have a roster with flaws and are bottom 10 at this stage.
You could have said "you're welcome" when I said no thanks but you didn't, and then you replied anyways which is rude, but I'm not worried.

You will learn your lesson one way or another.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
They can sell anyone except Suzuki, Caufield, Anderson, Evans, Poehling, Guhle, Romanov and the prospect pool.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You could have said "you're welcome" when I said no thanks but you didn't, and then you replied anyways which is rude, but I'm not worried.

You will learn your lesson one way or another.

Not sure this post has anything to do with what I said and it feels like a jab looking for a fight. Have a nice day

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
What player would you like to have from the habs and what would you offer

Armia -- 2nd
Gallagher -- 4th
Petry -- 1st if healthy
Toffoli -- 2nd
Hoffman -- 1st
Chariot -- 3rd
Lekhonen -- 5th; 3rd if it's Lehkonen
Dvorak -- not really
Price --3rd; 2nd 50%; 1st double time 75%

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Not sure this post has anything to do with what I said and it feels like a jab looking for a fight. Have a nice day
To me it feels like it was a jab, in a fight that was already happening, to a rude person suffering from amnesia.

And I was already having a nice day but thank you for giving me the permission to have one. (I'd write "LOL" but you might consider that to be trolling).

You have the permission to have one as well.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Only 2 that come close are Copp, which is unlikely as the Jets seem to want to keep him, and Stastny, which is unlikely that the Habs would accept, and regardless of which one, they would need to have Beaulieu attached to finish off the cap and for some unknown reason PoMo and Chevy seem to really like and value him.
On top of all that, the Copp and/or Stastny cap relief we get next season is needed to extend PLD and other expiring but needed players, and using it on Toffoli would cause serious problems this coming offseason.
So, as you can see… wouldn’t work.
yes i see your point for sure . well here's hoping yous can still add somehow for a deep playoff run .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad