Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Blake should check if McGroarty would like to play here if he’s really not talking to Winnipeg. Kings could use a skilled winger with size, Fiala-Byfield-McGroaty. That’d be the kind of trade I’d be willing to put Spence in for.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Couldn't have asked for a better deal from the Kings' perspective. Turcotte gets some stability and term to restart, and he is going to get a long look and chance in the NHL. I have a feeling if he turns it around and starts to go on a Vilardi trajectory Blake will just trade him anyway for some stupid stopgap solution to "compete" though...

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Next season has two goals. The superficial one is to give Kopi and Drew another deep run. The real goal should be to see the kids take over the minutes.

Management and their excuse manufacturers will say both are on the table. But the track record suggests that shortcomings will be quickly skipped over in favor of new talking points.

The only question is when does the next retool start and who is along for the ride.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Pacific is staying tough to advance out of.

Kings need a big improvement to get closer,

Simple math says we need a new L1 and L1, L2 and L3 need to get bumped down to L's 2,3,4.

I would keep the pairs together in the preseason (Kopitar and Kempe, Danault and Moore).

Don't make any moves until closer to the deadline after assessing what you need after you try to cycle a new L1 and a guy with each pair.

Basically tryouts.

Fiala - Byfield - ?

Kempe - Kopitar -?

? - Danault - Moore

Grundstrom - Lizotte - ?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Simple math says we need a new L1 and L1, L2 and L3 need to get bumped down to L's 2,3,4.

I would keep the pairs together in the preseason (Kopitar and Kempe, Danault and Moore).

Don't make any moves until closer to the deadline after assessing what you need after you try to cycle a new L1 and a guy with each pair.

Basically tryouts.

Fiala - Byfield - ?

Kempe - Kopitar -?

? - Danault - Moore

Grundstrom - Lizotte - ?
The bottom two probably won't be on the team next year.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
The bottom two probably won't be on the team next year.

Feels like anything can happen at the draft so we will have to re-evaluate after that.

However with PLD disappeared there is even more spots for young players.

They are gonna want that experience to remain on the 4th line as the potential incoming

players are more suited for L's 1,2, or 3.

In going with the make moves ahead of the deadline, after the draft and free agency, hold

Grundy and Lizzo at least until then,

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Next season has two goals. The superficial one is to give Kopi and Drew another deep run. The real goal should be to see the kids take over the minutes.

Management and their excuse manufacturers will say both are on the table. But the track record suggests that shortcomings will be quickly skipped over in favor of new talking points.

The only question is when does the next retool start and who is along for the ride.
Unfortunately, I just don’t see any way a “re-tool” ends up anywhere but exactly where we are now.

This needs broken down to bare bones and to be started from (nearly) scratch, and it can’t really happen till Anze and Drew have moved on or retired.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
If Blake does get fired & we all rejoice, what GM's are sitting around & are available to take over?

Doesn't Luc have a buddy?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

Basically tryouts.

Fiala - Byfield - ?

Kempe - Kopitar -?

? - Danault - Moore

Grundstrom - Lizotte - ?
You had me until I saw Lizotte. Trade his rights for a pick. Need size and grit down there.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
You had me until I saw Lizotte. Trade his rights for a pick. Need size and grit down there.
Ya I hear that, and wouldn't mind a replacement.

Needs to be experienced, able to lead youth and move up the lineup in addition to size.

I think GM's will be low balling Blake hard at the draft and therefore not much will happen.

Personally I am kinda doin this without trying to predict or recommend trades because it just gets to what iffy.

I will reevaluate after draft, moves, acquisitions as we go.

🤙

Reactions: funky

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

And which fans are bitterly stranded at the bus stop, throwing snits, for another season, waiting for their preferred route to be implemented by the Kings

transit authority who continues to ignore their extended trilogy series of comments.

:banghead:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Won't matter, he sucks. Who is the worst #1 pick in the team's history? Turcotte has to be in that conversation
He's not even the worst first round pick in Blake's tenure.

Rasmus Kupari - Blake's tenure
Colten Teubert
Lauri Tukonen
Jeff Tambellini
Jens Karlsson
David Steckel

Are all pretty easily worse picks from 2000 onward.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
He's not even the worst first round pick in Blake's tenure.

Rasmus Kupari - Blake's tenure
Colten Teubert
Lauri Tukonen
Jeff Tambellini
Jens Karlsson
David Steckel

Are all pretty easily worse picks from 2000 onward.

Yes, but Turcotte was picked much higher. I think Kupari may turn out to be better that AT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad