C Miroslav Satan - HC Slovan Bratislava U20, SVK 20 (2024, 212th, WSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
What's happening with Slovakian player drafting? I guess we just saw some kind of spike there in 2022-2023.

2024 - 1 player drafted
2023 - 8 players drafted
2022 - 6 players drafted - number includes Slafkovsky & Nemec
2021 - 1 player drafted
2020 - 2 players drafted

Other weird thing was that 0 Swedes were drafted in the first round.

Reactions: Czechboy

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
What's happening with Slovakian player drafting? I guess we just saw some kind of spike there in 2022-2023.

2024 - 1 player drafted
2023 - 8 players drafted
2021 - 1 player drafted
2020 - 2 players drafted

We have known for years that 2024 would be deserted. 2025 will be a 4-5 Slovak year.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
First player to be drafted out of Slovak junior league after a long time.

Correct me if I am wrong but he is also the first player drafted from Slovan Bratislava after L.Visnovsky that's 24 years gap.

To be honest I wasn't very impressed by him this year I thought M. Liscinsky was the better 2006 prospect in Slovakia.

But Satan Jr. has the crazy height and gives 100% energy in every shift I cant deny that so I can see some potential in 3-4 years when he fills out his body.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Correct me if I am wrong but he is also the first player drafted from Slovan Bratislava after L.Visnovsky that's 24 years gap.

To be honest I wasn't very impressed by him this year I thought M. Liscinsky was the better 2006 prospect in Slovakia.

But Satan Jr. has the crazy height and gives 100% energy in every shift I cant deny that so I can see some potential in 3-4 years when he fills out his body.
If his name wasn’t Miroslav Satan Jr., he probably wouldn’t have been a draft. But it is, so… Anyway, I didn’t really like Satan, but he’s still light years ahead of Liscinsky in terms of pro potential.

Reactions: hellwar9

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

2024 - 1 player drafted
2023 - 8 players drafted
2021 - 1 player drafted
2020 - 2 players drafted

We have known for years that 2024 would be deserted. 2025 will be a 4-5 Slovak year.
Will be interesting to see if that actually happens. I do like Pobezal, Tomik, Chovan, etc. but a lot can happen between now and then. They’ll have a lot to prove in their draft years.

It was similar in Germany. Got Seider, Stützle, Reichel, Peterka, Bokk, Lutz as legitimate prospects, then a weak 05 birth year only saw Bicker and Panocha picked and both late. Maksy Szuber was sprinkled in as an overager. But no real high-end talent or quantity anymore. Now the 2024 draft had zero Germans. Everyone’s hoping for the 07 group, which is looking a lot stronger, but we’ll see.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

I would argue Pekarcik, as he really didn’t “play” seriously in Nitra first team a lot.

salwan

Nov 4, 2023
Let's be real, the Caps probably looked at the name, saw his frame, and decided to roll the dice with a (very inconsequential) 7th-round pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Satan Sr. (possibly through Bondra) lobbied for his son.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Was already traded, now playing for Sioux falls. And looks like is playing 4th line. 2006 draft class…
I saw him play against the USNTDP and he was pretty bad. But, it was his first game in the USHL. You could tell, especially in the 1st and 2nd period, he was not processing the game quick enough. He was getting pushed around a lot that game as well despite his size.

Satan is surprisingly mobile for his size, but he will need a lot more development to become a professional athlete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad