Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
He's 32. Gonna take 4 years to sign him likely. So you're getting him for years 32-36. He brings zero toughness and grit, etc. This teams needs a PF and toughness...not to mention youth. They are not a TT away from contending.
Not to mention, history tells us how these 30+ year old long-term FA signings end up for those coming LA -- Paid ending vacation at the end of a nice career.

We should be looking for: Youth or size/toughness -- preferably guys with both.
Are we not allowed to add a scorer and toughness?

Or do you want Matt Martin as QB/Danault's winger?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He's 32. Gonna take 4 years to sign him likely. So you're getting him for years 32-36. He brings zero toughness and grit, etc. This teams needs a PF and toughness...not to mention youth. They are not a TT away from contending.
Not to mention, history tells us how these 30+ year old long-term FA signings end up for those coming LA -- Paid ending vacation at the end of a nice career.

I’m too lazy to look it up but I bet Toffoli has more fights than Doughty and Kopitar combined. Not that I want him back, just sayin’…

What a roster we have that the prospect of signing top titty makes us tougher.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I’m too lazy to look it up but I bet Toffoli has more fights than Doughty and Kopitar combined. Not that I want him back, just sayin’…

What a roster we have that the prospect of signing top titty makes us tougher.
I have more fights than DD & Kopi combined -- heck my 95 lb wife probably does too. Maybe that's the bar Bluc is using when building this team. Hence us being bullied all over the ice for 60 minutes a game every year.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Team doesn’t need a face puncher, but they damn sure don’t need any one-dimensional wingers on the wrong side of their prime either.

Culture changers need to be brought in, and they don’t exactly come available often. Fact is, the drafting and development is where that has to come from, and it’s just not happening with this group.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

TT is about the only option left. Don't have the assets to out bid other teams on nicer pieces. With coach getting canned, PL sign & trade, playoff implosion & goalie tandem, doubt any good Ufa will consider LA.

4 years doesn't matter too much. Got to burn off the Kopi, Doughty & Kuemper contracts & bottom out a year or two after Blake gets canned this year.

King's are about 3rd or 4th best team in the division right now. This is a hand you fold. Blake forced to go all in at this point.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Imagine if Blake takes a run at Stamkos. I doubt we could swing the contract but I woudn't hate it, my guy has won some Cups recently...

Reactions: RocketKing

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Roy not coming back would be a surprise at this point. The ripple effect would be a Spence trade. But it’ll be for a theoretical top six forward and include this years first.

The UFA splash feels like an overpay for a bottom six guy. Martinook for 3 years with a 50% raise is in the ballpark.

I think Kaliyev gets a minimum QO and sits out for awhile to round out the summer. After that, things are looking like surfs up 👍

Surf's definitely been up, tons of northwest winds wells and some southwest ground swell, crossed up peaks in LA!

Blake and the boys are loving it!

But they all ready missed a killer sesh pulling off the PLD Clouseout Kickout Miracle.

All the ho dads steaming in the val here every day, need a chill.

Blake will make some moves when the waves drop kooks!

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
They clearly didn't do their research when it came to Dubois, he wasn't a good fit and never was going to be a fit. I have a feeling now they're going to go with guys they're familiar with, already seeing that getting Kuemper back and signing Lewis last year. Could easily see them going after Toffoli, top 6 forward that you know you can rely on and trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad