Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Looking forward to UFA for the first time in awhile…
it'll be interesting to see the direction they take. hopefully it's not just another episode of "sign the flavor of the week to a huge contract"

enough cap space and RFAs to potentially make some waves if they get creative, but i don't know if blake has the yoke on

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
XXX-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-XXX
Moore-Danault-XXX
XXX-Turcotte-Thomas

Laffy fits in there somewhere.

Fagemo could steal a spot in camp.

If the Kings really want to save money they should add just one goal scorer and one 4th line tough player and let Laffy and Fagemo battle out the other spots. They can also rotate Turcotte (C/LW) and Thomas (C/RW) up and down. Fagemo plays LW. Laffy plays RW.

I would add a LW scorer and a LW or RW 4th line scrapper.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
XXX-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-XXX
Moore-Danault-XXX
XXX-Turcotte-Thomas

Laffy fits in there somewhere.

Fagemo could steal a spot in camp.

If the Kings really want to save money they should add just one goal scorer and one 4th line tough player and let Laffy and Fagemo battle out the other spots. They can also rotate Turcotte (C/LW) and Thomas (C/RW) up and down.

Fagemo plays LW.

Laffy plays RW.

I’d love to see Turcotte in a more prominent role. Bet they’re looking at Toffoli though.

Fiala - Kopitar - Toffoli
Turcotte - Byfield - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Fagemo
Lizotte - Thomas - Laferriere

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
So he had a good couple months in a contact season. I still pass.
He's been good for the past couple years. He finally figured things out it seems.

Teams covet his skill set. He's gonna get paid.

Not sure if he'll age well. That'd be my concern.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I can't stand David Perron and I think the Kings are like the only team he hasn't played on. That guy passed around more than on my ex-girlfriends.
it's not the number of teams but more that the bleu cannot quit him

No to Tyler Toffoli because he's too old and soft but we want 36 year old David Perron who'll want 5M+?
No to both. Rather have Lee

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Blake for the good or bad now has options.

With his history I am banking on the goaltending position being set. They know both Kuemper and Big Dave and neither guy will block Portillo if he continues to blossom. It’s not sexy but in Blake’s eyes I can see it being good enough.

I will give him credit. He signed three guys to league minimum contracts that could actually contribute to the team this year and have come from within our own system. Two of those guys are right handed shots.

We will also add Clarke at under a mill. This should be the way teams are built backfilling from the minor leagues with cheap contracts. Our mid range players go to UFA such as Arvidson and Roy.

Now let’s just stay with that direction

I am against signing guys like Toffoli. There is not one X King out there that I’d actually want them to bring back the injury prone Vilardi. And I mentioned that as Winnipeg would probably fleece us for Byfield. I will also exclude Faber from that group as we don’t have the capital to aquire him and we have more urgent needs. I will hear flack about this, but I was OK bringing Lewis back on a one-year league minimum deal as our 13th forward with signing, I am more than willing to let him go.

Blake is in the position to go after a big name and use guys like Moore as trade bait. I have not given up on Fiala and would love to see him and Byfield paired together. Sometimes you just have to put high-end skill with with high-end skill and see what happens. Find a complementary winger for those two and that line could be electric

Would love to sign a true number two defenseman and push the other boys down to play with her young right hand shot offensive guys

It’s gonna be an interesting few weeks

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Mock Trade Proposal:
To Winnipeg: Moore, Kaliyev, 2024 1st round pick
To LAK: Nikolai Ehlers and the signing rights to Rutger McGroarty

Who says no??

If I'm LA, I'm willing to throw in a mid-tier prospect or a 3rd or 4th round pick in order to sweeten the deal.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Blake did a good job here of locking up Turcotte, Thomas and Fagemo for league minimum contract.

If the Kings spent money on a fighter/enforcer/gritty player or someone like Joshua then they can afford to have him play with some young cheap players on the 4th line.

This also gives them room and money to add a top 6 winger.

Reactions: FeartheFur

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Prudent thing to do...is nothing.....fill in some grit on the 4th line, upgrade LHD if there's a sensible option, don't hand out 5-6 year contracts to UFAs.....just....wait....

I love seeing new bodies on the team, but the smart thing to do, is nothing.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Prudent thing to do...is nothing.....fill in some grit on the 4th line, upgrade LHD if there's a sensible option, don't hand out 5-6 year contracts to UFAs.....just....wait....

I love seeing new bodies on the team, but the smart thing to do, is nothing.
Blake needs to save his job by making the playoffs & he has a 1st round pick & cap space.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad