Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
so hes a PPG on a new team, new country, new system, playing with dummer players and did very well in the WJC, against Canada.

Are you serious.. this guy should of gone out in the top 5 of last year's draft
Ppg in the ohl is not good for an NHL prospect let alone a first rounder. Also 7 points in his first 2 games mean he has 18 points in 23 games since that’s really bad

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
so hes a PPG on a new team, new country, new system, playing with dummer players and did very well in the WJC, against Canada.

You exaggerating constantly doesn’t help anything, lol.

He’s obviously not a bust and it’s totally normal he’s not dominating at this point but saying everyone’s too dumb to play with him, or that he should’ve gone top 5 ect… is also not it, you don’t have to lie to make a point.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

After his first 2 games a lot of us here thought that him and Pinelli had good chemistry and would light it up together. I wasn't very worried about his line mates early on.

Calling Pinelli a dumb player is an exaggeration and makes Mesar look worse. Pinelli has 25 goals and 24 assists in 33 games, Mesar has 10 goals and 15 assists in 25 games.

It is true that the team is struggling and that sucks for everyone's stats, but if Mesar was as good as you think he is, he would be elevating those around him. Aside from Pinelli there's Rehkopf (who I don't like) and Brzustewicz who will both go in the top-45 this year. Unless Mesar turns it on to end the year he's probably best off sticking in the OHL another year with these guys.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
After his first 2 games a lot of us here thought that him and Pinelli had good chemistry and would light it up together. I wasn't very worried about his line mates early on.

Calling Pinelli a dumb player is an exaggeration and makes Mesar look worse. Pinelli has 25 goals and 24 assists in 33 games, Mesar has 10 goals and 15 assists in 25 games.

It is true that the team is struggling and that sucks for everyone's stats, but if Mesar was as good as you think he is, he would be elevating those around him. Aside from Pinelli there's Rehkopf (who I don't like) and Brzustewicz who will both go in the top-45 this year. Unless Mesar turns it on to end the year he's probably best off sticking in the OHL another year with these guys.

Ranger's players are playing a dummer style of play, everytime i have seen them play they rarely control the puck, its always dump and chase, north south

Mesar is not that player, he likes to control the puck and pass it to a free teammate but expects to be passed to when he's free as well.

Pinelli is playing COD while Mesar is playing 4D Chess.

For an NHL 1st liner i want the guy that can play 4D Chess live. The guy that plays COD i want him on the 3rd and 4th line. Pinelli is a not going to do much in the NHL while Mesar has the potential to be a high end top 6 forward.

It is what it is

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Ppg in the ohl is not good for an NHL prospect let alone a first rounder. Also 7 points in his first 2 games mean he has 18 points in 23 games since that’s really bad

I need to watch more games to understand what is happening over there. One thing i know, if your teammates dont like you, you're not going to do well.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Everybody needs to light a fat blunt and chill man....

I'm ready

eb1db0ce17ad12fe0dbf15541aab5a6f.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The only other prospect I would draft before him, it's Jiri Kulich. After that... Lambert isn't that good. Owen Beck is easily my #33 and Hutson is a huge steal at #62. So drafting a talented player like Mesar at 26, it's a really good pick. He play very well at WJC...

Rohrer, Guindon and Engstrom are very good pick at their range too.
Kulich was a no-brainer for me. Heck, I would have taken Beck at 26....But it has nothing to do with what he's doing now. Only at the time. What he does now is irrelevant to the rest of his career.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
F.Y.I. he admitted he was physically tired in a recent interview.

This checks out. And part of why NHL GMs want these guys playing this much in junior is to adjust to the grind. After all is said and done this year, he will have played a ton of hockey and his body needs to acclimatize to that first.

The narrative though that he’s just playing with dumber players is patently false. At times he hasn’t synched with their style and it’s fair to say the whole team has been disorganized. But by any measure this year, Pinelli has been the much better player. Mesar has not been a possession guy at all. He gets easily separated from the puck, often knocked entirely off his feet at first contact.

This is not to say he’s a bust at all. He shows the skill is there but it’ll be a couple years of physical maturation and mental adjustments before we know if he’ll get there. But we can’t pretend he’s a genius just being held back by incompetent minions.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I know, i'm using sarcasm too.

They only played 40 games, he still has time to reach the 200 pts... :popcorn:
LOL.........sorry missed that................................but seriously all jokes aside, it is very interesting on how he has lost his great performance from early on in the season..............I am not willing to throw his team mates under the bus, curious what has happened to his numbers.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
LOL.........sorry missed that................................but seriously all jokes aside, it is very interesting on how he has lost his great performance from early on in the season..............I am not willing to throw his team mates under the bus, curious what has happened to his numbers.

Of course, his season is disappointing, but he still has time to improve and we know that talent is there.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The point of developing prospects is to let them gain experiences, meet challenges (tactical, skill, physical, etc) and learn to overcome them…

If he’s having trouble now with stamina and the pace of the North American system… that’s perfectly fine, it’s a challenge he would have to deal with at some point and all the better he does it now.

Don’t lose faith.

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
This checks out. And part of why NHL GMs want these guys playing this much in junior is to adjust to the grind. After all is said and done this year, he will have played a ton of hockey and his body needs to acclimatize to that first.

The narrative though that he’s just playing with dumber players is patently false. At times he hasn’t synched with their style and it’s fair to say the whole team has been disorganized. But by any measure this year, Pinelli has been the much better player. Mesar has not been a possession guy at all. He gets easily separated from the puck, often knocked entirely off his feet at first contact.

This is not to say he’s a bust at all. He shows the skill is there but it’ll be a couple years of physical maturation and mental adjustments before we know if he’ll get there. But we can’t pretend he’s a genius just being held back by incompetent minions.
Like Dach? It does happen.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The point of developing prospects is to let them gain experiences, meet challenges (tactical, skill, physical, etc) and learn to overcome them…

If he’s having trouble now with stamina and the pace of the North American system… that’s perfectly fine, it’s a challenge he would have to deal with at some point and all the better he does it now.

Don’t lose faith.
I wish you would say that about Slafkovsky also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad