Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
It is not a silly argument if you have ever played at a high level with low IQ linemates. There isn't magic fairy dust on a playmaker's pass that makes the recipient better lol. If linemates can't read the play properly then they won't be in the right play to receive the pass or they won't understand what to do next....it is that simple. Combine this with poor systems/coaches and a significant drag in production will be the result every time.

How anyone could watch Mesar at the WJC and with Kitchener and not recognize the difference is beyond me.
He isn’t meshing well with his teammates?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
The MLS of hockey is still better than the CPL that's is the OHL.

I'm saying he should be in the AHL or Sweden (which were both options). I said from day 1 we're hurting his development sending him to play against kids when he's been playing men. Just my opinion.

I think saying he should've been in the AHL is dumb, he showed no signs of being ready for that level of play either. "Playing with men" in the Slovak league for 30 games doesn't really prepare you for the NHL/AHL.

Mysak played in both the Czech league and the OHL for half of his draft year and he had similar stats to Mesar. He came over and spent 2 years in the OHL, and now he can't even crack the roster in Laval. And Mysak is way more physically ready than Mesar and is touted for his defensive play and leadership. If he can't play in the AHL, what makes anyone think Mesar is ready?

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I think saying he should've been in the AHL is dumb, he showed no signs of being ready for that level of play either. "Playing with men" in the Slovak league for 30 games doesn't really prepare you for the NHL/AHL.

Mysak played in both the Czech league and the OHL for half of his draft year and he had similar stats to Mesar. He came over and spent 2 years in the OHL, and now he can't even crack the roster in Laval. And Mysak is way more physically ready than Mesar and is touted for his defensive play and leadership. If he can't play in the AHL, what makes anyone think Mesar is ready?
Over 90 games, but who's counting.

Reactions: Bombshell11

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It's him who wanted to play on this side of the pond and he's not good enough to play in the AHL, the only option was OHL because he's ineligible to play in the NCAA. It's too early to call him a bust but it is what it is.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't agree that Mesar is a playmaker. At least he's not a very good one. He has next to no ability to slow the play down, manipulate defences to give himself space and time. He's a pure burner, a rate player. He creates turnovers, intercepts pucks, and makes a quick strike, whatever's good at that moment. Not that there's anything wrong with that, you need players who do this kind of thing. But you also don't tend to score 100 points in the OHL doing that.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I never understood this pick. With all our small wingers and Kulich available. It's a mystery?
He's having difficulties adapting to the new environment. Mesar said he felt ready to play in the AHL and he wanted to play in the AHL.

He's alot better than the kids in the OHL, he proved it the first 2 games where he dominated.

People dont even watch the games and make blind assumptions man... its so painful to be a habs fan sometimes dealing with all the nonsense.

Reactions: bryan1966

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
OHL is a higher level than you guys want to admit (which is a strange hill to die on).
Used to be, its not anymore, at least in the approach. The OHL is stuck in the old North South mentality, i think the WJC showed us that the CHL has regressed the last 2 years.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
People don't watch the games because he's boring to watch.
You have absolutely nothing to add, really.

The guy is a PPG right now with 25 games and 25 pts. In a new team, with teamates he's not jelling with and a country he doesn't know so well.

Like chill the f out man... he's doing very well imo. Hopefully he makes the team in Laval next year.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
He's not a terrible prospect, but I preferred others where we drafted him. His inconsistency was the biggest strike against him and that seems to be rearing its ugly head.

durojean

May 29, 2007
What is farfetched about the notion of "adapting down" and picking up lazy habits? Many types of individuals adapt to the requirements needed in a prolongued exposure to an environment. In this case, we call it "adapting down" simply because the performance requirements in the OHL is less than at the Pro level. That's how the brain works, and the amount it does so depends on different individuals traits and motivational factors.
If he pick's up lazy habits in junior, it means if would have picked them in the NHL once he would have adapted.

I feel like his lack of production his actually a really good insight about his personality, his work ethic, the way he see's the game.

We should not expect him to become a good point producer at the NHL level if he can't even cut it in junior hockey.

durojean

May 29, 2007
The MLS of hockey is still better than the CPL that's is the OHL.

I'm saying he should be in the AHL or Sweden (which were both options). I said from day 1 we're hurting his development sending him to play against kids when he's been playing men. Just my opinion.
They wanted to see him in a environment where he could dominate. No just survive. They wanted to see his play and his attitude when he's on top of the world.

Sadly, he didn't even succeed to attain that place. It is a good lesson for him.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The only other prospect I would draft before him, it's Jiri Kulich. After that... Lambert isn't that good. Owen Beck is easily my #33 and Hutson is a huge steal at #62. So drafting a talented player like Mesar at 26, it's a really good pick. He play very well at WJC...

Rohrer, Guindon and Engstrom are very good pick at their range too.

Reactions: SupRocket

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
They wanted to see him in a environment where he could dominate. No just survive. They wanted to see his play and his attitude when he's on top of the world.

Sadly, he didn't even succeed to attain that place. It is a good lesson for him.
Many people can't adapt with going backwards.

Imagine you were the manager of a local area McDonald's chain. Now imagine going back to midnight shift in the drivethru.

I'm not saying they're good excuses, I'm just saying the human brain tends to work that way for a large portion of the population. Especially when you feel it's a demotion you don't deserve.

The fact that he fought back against the OHL shows exactly how he felt.

Add in the fact that his team and coaching suck, and you have a recipe for disaster for a young player in a new country who didn't want to play against kids his own age.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
He's having difficulties adapting to the new environment. Mesar said he felt ready to play in the AHL and he wanted to play in the AHL.

He's alot better than the kids in the OHL, he proved it the first 2 games where he dominated.

People dont even watch the games and make blind assumptions man... its so painful to be a habs fan sometimes dealing with all the nonsense.
Congrats on proving you're good for 2 games I guess...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad