Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Mesar is still a ppg player the struggle and challenge to overcome isn’t the same.
PPG in a weak league compared to the NHL, and he's mentally and physically exhausted. He has like 2 points in the last 10 games along with -10. Kitchener was doing better without him.

I'm not criticizing Mesar but Slaf should get the same treatment.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Slaf wasn’t put in a position to overcome any of his challenges because the NHL is the highest tier of the sport and it’s quite rare to see 18 year olds struggle and still be kept on the roster for half a season.
Agree to disagree. Slaf played in a foreign country, different rink size, different everything. Played in the top tier league and managed to hold his own. Mesar is a pretty cool prospect but he would get destroyed by Slaf 1v1.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Agree to disagree. Slaf played in a foreign country, different rink size, different everything. Played in the top tier league and managed to hold his own. Mesar is a pretty cool prospect but he would get destroyed by Slaf 1v1.
I rewrote my reply. I don’t want to talk about Slaf here.

Hockey isn’t a 1v1 sport. If it was Gino Odjick could destroy Pavel Bure.

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I rewrote my reply. I don’t want to talk about Slaf here.

Hockey isn’t a 1v1 sport. If it was Gino Odjick could destroy Pavel Bure.
I don't care what you rewrote, it's a fact that Slaf would outplay Mesar, get over it.

Don't bring Gino Odjick name into this. Pavel Bure would own Gino and he knew it.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Mesar is still a ppg player the struggle and challenge to overcome isn’t the same.
Lol, of course it isn’t the same, you guys decided he had to perform right away if not he’s a bust.

Slaf isn’t allowed to gain experience and also to meet challenges. Plus he should’ve been used to the north american system after a shift.

Very different than Mesar :sarcasm:

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lol, of course it isn’t the same, you guys decided he had to perform right away if not he’s a bust.

Slaf isn’t allowed to gain experience and also to meet challenges. Plus he should’ve been used to the north american system after a shift.

Very different than Mesar :sarcasm:
I think you are roping me in with a bad crowd… My point they are both facing challenges and gaining expirence but Mesar level of competition is a lot more appropriate and significant to be able to over come. He is still a ppg player at this level he dominate the game, it isn’t equal to Slaf. Mesar is in the shallow end with the lifeguard within arm reach, Slaf was thrown in the deep end with a bunch of sharks. They are both gaining experience but because of the level of competition one is more conducive to learning and improving. It wasn’t a jab at Slaf more a comment that Mesar struggle are over blown he is going get over that small hurdle…

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Tonight was by far Mesar’s best game in a long time. Rangers won 6-3 and he only had one goal and no assists but he was a threat every time he stepped on the ice. He was skating and circling with the puck in the offensive zone all night. He uses his speed to create lanes, especially when players chase after him. He was named first star of the game too.

I wish I could find a video of Brzustewicz goal and you could see the whole sequence. He didn’t factor into the scoresheet on that goal but for a while before the goal he dominated the play.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sure, cherry pick 3 outliers. The Rangers overall are a mess. There's 10x the number of underperformers.
Cherry pick???? lolll. Yeah, I cherry picked the 3 best offensive players of the team. Funny cherry picking. Nobody says Rangers are a great team. Just like Greyhounds sucks and McConnell-Barker has 53 points in 44 games. Or Oshawa sucks immensely and yet Calum Ritchie is PPG. Or Sudbury is not that much better and yet Goyette has 60 points in 41 games. And Musty, a supposed end of 1st round pick this summer has 48 points in 32 games.

Mesar is not playing at the potential he has. Period. The supposed crappiness of the team is irrelevant as proven by the examples. It's not cherry picking. It's taking the best players of teams that aren't that good. And for Mesar, it could be seen as dissapointing as the kid went from a MEN league to a junior one. Yet, as I said before for Slaf, it's all about learning the North American game. It takes some time. But no need to invent excuses.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
5-1 loss tonight. Guess who's the only scorer for the Rangers? Yours truly.

And some here are arguing that there's no problems with that team.... OKAY,,,

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The main issue for me is his lack of strength at a lower level. He's good off the rush, but can't protect the puck to save his life.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not at all. Mesar is an elite skater with high energy. Fast hands.

Mesar is like Oleg Petrov if he could finish.
OK skater, not above average for NHL standards. Smaller guys sometimes look faster than they really are.

Mesar has no more than 3rd liner potential to me, maybe a slightly better version of Ylonen.

I would not give up on him, but if a trade partner who has something we want will accept this recent 1st round drafted player instead of an upcoming first round pick, that's an easy choice for me. (Like we got Barron instead of a first).

Otherwise let Mesar play his way up over the next few years and see what happens. If we can eventually have a 3rd liner scoring 12-15 on a cheap contract, it is not a bad thing.

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
OK skater, not above average for NHL standards. Smaller guys sometimes look faster than they really are.

Mesar has no more than 3rd liner potential to me, maybe a slightly better version of Ylonen.

I would not give up on him, but if a trade partner who has something we want will accept this recent 1st round drafted player instead of an upcoming first round pick, that's an easy choice for me. (Like we got Barron instead of a first).

Otherwise let Mesar play his way up over the next few years and see what happens. If we can eventually have a 3rd liner scoring 12-15 on a cheap contract, it is not a bad thing.
His acceleration is pretty impressive.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I have made a little research about finding an effective top 9 player in the NHL right now around 5ft9,5ft10 and 5ft 11, like Mesar who have played in the OHL.
I will say it’s pretty hard.
Andre Mangiapane is the one I found, but his D+1, in the OHL, he made : 104 pts in 68 games. this is 1,52 ppg
There is bigger guys like Cirreli or Dellandra with almots the same PPG than Mesar, but they arent the same kind of player. They are like 6ft1, two way guy.
I didnt find a valuable player with the same PPG than Mesar on his D1, in the NHL right now. Maybe anyone will.

Reactions: ReHabs

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I have made a little research about finding an effective top 9 player in the NHL right now around 5ft9,5ft10 and 5ft 11, like Mesar who have played in the OHL.
I will say it’s pretty hard.
Andre Mangiapane is the one I found, but his D+1, in the OHL, he made : 104 pts in 68 games. this is 1,52 ppg
There is bigger guys like Cirreli or Dellandra with almots the same PPG than Mesar, but they arent the same kind of player. They are like 6ft1, two way guy.
I didnt find a valuable player with the same PPG than Mesar on his D1, in the NHL right now. Maybe anyone will.
Was happy with Mesar at time of draft but since then I really wished we grabbed Kulich instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad