Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
So he lacks pace, is often out of position, has a weak shot , seems to lack hockey IQ and although you didn’t say, is not overly big or physical.

But yet you say he’s a lock to be an elite top 6 offensive talent?

Ok then...
when did i say hes got low IQ?

you dont understand hockey or any team sports strategy i wont bother

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mesar and Beck spinning their wheels after the WJC.

Really pissed Peterborough traded for Beck.. wish it could have been literally any other org.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It’s still early but if drafting Mesar had cost Habs Beck or Hutson, I’d be really pissed right now.

Hope they all develop but it’s looking like Mesar will be the least of the 3 at this point.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Can you guys not freak out after 1 so so month, especially Beck who has a new org and been bounced around a lot this past month. One month ago, every was so high on Mesar and Beck and one month shouldn’t change how you feel about them. I hate it how some peoples opinions swing so quick on players.

If Hutson doesn’t score for 3 games, guaranteed people will say “really disappointing weekend for him , needs to get bigger and better in the corners” (something like that…)

Just let these kids play and stop evaluating them game to game/week to week. It’s not always linear.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It’s still early but if drafting Mesar had cost Habs Beck or Hutson, I’d be really pissed right now.

Hope they all develop but it’s looking like Mesar will be the least of the 3 at this point.
And in training camp Mesar looked the most projectable to be an impact player at the NHL level, though Beck looked like a lock to be a middle-six guy. It's still early. Is he another Reway or is his OHL season due to a crappy organization, getting accustomed to live in Canada, or is he actually just not that good?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So many hot takes...

Chill. Give it at least D+2 before writing off a prospect, let alone one adjusting to a new country, culture, rink size and playing on a team that clearly has coaching deficiencies lol

Mesar clearly has the skill & talent to develop into a top 6 NHLer, nothing we've seen this far negates that.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
So many hot takes...

Chill. Give it at least D+2 before writing off a prospect, let alone one adjusting to a new country, culture, rink size and playing on a team that clearly has coaching deficiencies lol

Mesar clearly has the skill & talent to develop into a top 6 NHLer, nothing we've seen this far negates that.

their coach's strategy is hope Pinelli scores goals tonight

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
2 apples so far, not watching the game, but glad to see him gets back on the scoresheet.

with a better shot he would be on the scoresheet more consistently. As a playmaker hes excellent but without the puck he needs to move his feet and stay in the play, when he gets the puck he becomes alive and there's always something nice that happens

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
with a better shot he would be on the scoresheet more consistently. As a playmaker hes excellent but without the puck he needs to move his feet and stay in the play, when he gets the puck he becomes alive and there's always something nice that happens
You keep trying to put shine on a bruised apple. He does not appear to be what you thought.

Reactions: Faterson

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You keep trying to put shine on a bruised apple. He does not appear to be what you thought.
do you watch the games man?

why are you talking out of your a$$, i been folowing this prospect since the day we drafted him

get lost

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's right about Mesar's shooting skills though. It's a major weakness but if he can fix it he would be a good prospect.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
No way man, he's a lock for PPG in the NHL with the current goal production in the NHL.

He's got a killer instinct and vision, it doesnt translates in the OHL right now because he's playing with people used to a different style but in the NHL it will be a different story.

Look this guy has no choice but to play in the TOP 6, he;'s gotta be undeniable and i think from what we have seen at camp and pre-season its a no-brainer he'll get there, hopefully next year. Beck had a small edge because he was already settled with his team but since he moved to his new team his production has completely tanked... is Beck all of a sudden garbage? Hell no... it just shows how hard it is to adapt to a new team. Imagine Mesar like you said, he went through alot.
I liked the Mesar pick but he is not a lock for the NHL, no prospect is. He is having a disappointing production in the OHL, now we could find him different excuses as to why but this fact will remain. Let s hope he gets better year after year and become the top 6 we hope he can be.

Reactions: ReHabs

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
That's you in the picture isn't it?

Nemec + Kulich?

Or

Jiricek + Kulich?

Jiricek + Kulich for me.

I know I wasn't sure who we were going to end with, with our 1st choice, but Jiricek certainly was at the same level of Wright and Slafkovsky, for me at least (didn't mind Slaf, still don't mind)

But damn I wanted Kulich, was sad we passed on him, still am, Mesar could develop well though, I just think we'll have to be patient with him, and not freak out during his 1st season in NA.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I liked the Mesar pick but he is not a lock for the NHL, no prospect is. He is having a disappointing production in the OHL, now we could find him different excuses as to why but this fact will remain. Let s hope he gets better year after year and become the top 6 we hope he can be.
If you watch the games you can see exactly why he's having issues putting his name on the score sheet lately and that is not due because of a lack of skill or effort.

He's not an efficient goal scorer, sure. Not all Playmakers have a good shot. He looks lost out there, doesn't get the system, sure but that can also be due to the coaches inaptitude at explaining him the system.

What i'm interested on is, that every time he gets the puck, there's something exciting that happens right after that.

I think fundamentally Mesar was a bad fit for this team, he plays a possession game while the others its either dump and chase or rush the net and hope something happens. Mesar is the opposite, he's all about lets keep the puck, lets do tik-tak-toe plays so we can create something out of nothing.

Mesar is 100% making the NHL and a top 6 at that. What ever Pinelli is doing to score his points works great vs Juniors because he's 20 years old exploiting weaker players but he'll be invisible in the NHL againts faster, stronger players. Lets not forget it's Pinelli's 3rd season with the Rangers, in his first season he only scored 41 pts in 59 games.

I think Mesar is doing just fine for himself, if i'm a habs scout I know he's creating the most chances out of all his teammates and what ever is doing is translatable to the NHL or AHL next year.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Can you guys not freak out after 1 so so month, especially Beck who has a new org and been bounced around a lot this past month. One month ago, every was so high on Mesar and Beck and one month shouldn’t change how you feel about them. I hate it how some peoples opinions swing so quick on players.

If Hutson doesn’t score for 3 games, guaranteed people will say “really disappointing weekend for him , needs to get bigger and better in the corners” (something like that…)

Just let these kids play and stop evaluating them game to game/week to week. It’s not always linear.
I love how some ppl get upset by other ppl’s discussions. Maybe you need thicker skin? Take your own advice, relax and chill?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad