Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
He has some impressive tools. Give it time
He was drafted in the first round so I would hope he has something to his game to warrant it. Rightfully so though,no need rushing a prospect,Montreal would never do such a thing.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He was drafted in the first round so I would hope he has something to his game to warrant it. Rightfully so though,no need rushing a prospect,Montreal would never do such a thing.
He has great raw talent for a late 1st rounder.

It’s all about how much better he can get. His passing is high end. He’s displaying a shot and one timer that he can get off even if the puck isn’t in the best of places.

He looks great but he’s still kind of missing something that would make me more confident in him being a sure fire top 6er.
He’s definitely getting closer and improving which is all you can ask.

Reactions: rik schau

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Mesar looked like real good skater yesterday. Could be big value added to his career

One of the best things about Mesar's development this year has been his attitude.

In the past he didn't seem happy about going back to Junior. This year he's embraced it. He knows that's the best league for his development. It doesn't matter how many years it takes him to get to the NHL. As long as he gets there, and hopefully is a top 6 forward long term.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
One of the best things about Mesar's development this year has been his attitude.

In the past he didn't seem happy about going back to Junior. This year he's embraced it. He knows that's the best league for his development. It doesn't matter how many years it takes him to get to the NHL. As long as he gets there, and hopefully is a top 6 forward long term.
Yup, how you look at things is biggest plus you can have in your career. In high school, my daughter use to say she can't wait to see what she can do. Won scholarships at UofT. Today she is Chemical Engineer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's easy to forget that they are just kids and that in addition to developing on the ice, they also need time to mature as well and some figure out what they need to do in order to find success and others don't. Hopefully he used last year as a learning experience and can build off it going forward.

Needs to add a lot of mass and strength though so he's not so easy to push off pucks and lose so many puck battles along the boards and in the corners.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's easy to forget that they are just kids and that in addition to developing on the ice, they also need time to mature as well and some figure out what they need to do in order to find success and others don't. Hopefully he used last year as a learning experience and can build off it going forward.

Needs to add a lot of mass and strength though so he's not so easy to push off pucks and lose so many puck battles along the boards and in the corners.

I think that’s definitely the biggest weakness he has. The good thing is he doesn’t seem to shy away of battling along the boards. He’s not good at it but he’s getting his nose dirtier.

I think strength will help him be more explosive. I think that’s probably the next thing he should really work on. He’s fairly quick but you could see if he was more explosive how much better he could be.

He’s trending the right way now. I said it last year even when he was pretty meh that he was our toolsiest forward prospect and we should pray to the gods he gets back on track because he’s got very solid upside.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I think that’s definitely the biggest weakness he has. The good thing is he doesn’t seem to shy away of battling along the boards. He’s not good at it but he’s getting his nose dirtier.

I think strength will help him be more explosive. I think that’s probably the next thing he should really work on. He’s fairly quick but you could see if he was more explosive how much better he could be.

He’s trending the right way now. I said it last year even when he was pretty meh that he was our toolsiest forward prospect and we should pray to the gods he gets back on track because he’s got very solid upside.

Rome wasn't build in one day
Every road leads to Rome
Jesus was crucified by his own people

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

I think he has the explosiveness but he skews so much more to the playmaker mentality that racing to the front is not a natural instinct for him as he always seems to be searching for seams to skate/pass through. The kid has huge legs for his size but likely needs to add more core and upper body strength to stabilize himself along the wall

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think he has the explosiveness but he skews so much more to the playmaker mentality that racing to the front is not a natural instinct for him as he always seems to be searching for seams to skate/pass through. The kid has huge legs for his size but likely needs to add more core and upper body strength to stabilize himself along the wall

Ironically enough he looked plenty explosive in that CZECHIA game.

I think he’s playing harder due to Slovak pride. Might be more a mental thing then physical.

Reactions: Bombshell11

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He had a good game for sure, you don't often see him finish his checks like that but he had a few. If he plays like that in Laval next year, Houle should be happier, assuming he's re-signed as HC or not of course.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
He had a good game for sure, you don't often see him finish his checks like that but he had a few. If he plays like that in Laval next year, Houle should be happier, assuming he's re-signed as HC or not of course.

Its mind boggling to me how we're analyzing the physicality of an elite playmaker. No one is talking about Bedard's physicality game.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Ironically enough he looked plenty explosive in that CZECHIA game.

I think he’s playing harder due to Slovak pride. Might be more a mental thing then physical.

He definitely is not explosive but his shiftiness and sudden changes of directiion sometimes can provide the illusion of him being explosive. He certainly never looks even remotely explosive when trying to catch up/keep up to players headed back towards his zone and it is plain to see that he is giving it everything that he has.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
When he plays fast and uses his wheels, I like him.

When he's trying to be Joe Thornton, he looks lazy and disinterested. That game does not suit him.

His entries are much better as well. I do feel like he's progressing.

What a shhhiiiot today as well.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad