Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He has put himself back on the radar as a great prospect.

To me, he always was. I felt he was AHL ready. Just like our current rookies at Laval, it would have taken time to properly adapt. But I think he would.

Not that him being in the OHL last year and this year is a bad thing.

But I think this WJC is really showing everyone why he was taken late in the 1st round.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
To me, he always was. I felt he was AHL ready. Just like our current rookies at Laval, it would have taken time to properly adapt. But I think he would.

Not that him being in the OHL last year and this year is a bad thing.

But I think this WJC is really showing everyone why he was taken late in the 1st round.
I think it was better for his confidence to go back to the OHL and dominate there before joining the pros. Its entirely possible he would have adjusted to the AHL as well as some other kids, but dominating juniors first while getting big minutes was probably what was best at that point of his development IMO.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think it was better for his confidence to go back to the OHL and dominate there before joining the pros. Its entirely possible he would have adjusted to the AHL as well as some other kids, but dominating juniors first while getting big minutes was probably what was best at that point of his development IMO.

True. The Habs wanted him to get more puck touches. So they sent him to Kitchener, where he does just that.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Any one knows why Mesar has been inconsistent these days?
Do you watch the games?

He's a playmaker. He has a good shot, but he's a pass first and second player. He doesn't control his teammates shots.

The value he could add to this team through transition and playmaking, on the PP.

He's Slovakia's best forward and it hasn't been close. One of the best players in the tournament.
Big game from him today too, but couldn't carry his team.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Do you watch the games?

He's a playmaker. He has a good shot, but he's a pass first and second player. He doesn't control his teammates shots.

Big game from him today too, but couldn't carry his team.

Buddy you're replying to a comment i made a month ago?

Also i don't think there's many here who seen him play more than i have. I missed a few games around that time but i think he was also relegated to the second line, he wasn't playing top minutes as before

Reactions: crosbyshow

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The only thing I want him to do is build his confidence based on his junior play and bring it to the other level.

Reactions: Habsfan18

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
we’re an emotional fanbase. He’s a reminder that sometimes you have to take a break.

Who would have thought that Mesar would pretty much catch up Beck in our prospect rankings this year?

2 different players, Mesar has the high end offensive skills, needs to play top minutes, top PP minutes and with the best forwards of the team and he needs to be the puck carrier to shine.

That's his "chaise"

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Buddy you're replying to a comment i made a month ago?

Also i don't think there's many here who seen him play more than i have. I missed a few games around that time but i think he was also relegated to the second line, he wasn't playing top minutes as before
Oh, if you don't want your posts responded too, maybe try not posting... buddy.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
When he plays fast and uses his wheels, I like him.

When he's trying to be Joe Thornton, he looks lazy and disinterested. That game does not suit him.

His entries are much better as well. I do feel like he's progressing.

What a shhhiiiot today as well.
Mesar needs to mold his game like Brayden Point IMO…

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I was being attacked for hyping Mesar too much and now im being attacked for not hyping him enough

What a community

I neither critiqued nor praised you much as I know little of the prospects, but overall I think you're vindicated for now on both Slaf and Mesar. I look forward to watching both their developments.

Reactions: Bombshell11

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The crazy thing about the Mesar discourse over the last year is how sensitive people are about any praise or criticism. Criticizing an aspect of his game at a point in time does not mean you don’t like him or are saying he’s a bust. And praising an aspect does not make you a delusional fanboy.

He always had lots going for him but development takes time and when there are flaws, you point them out in hopes you’ll see improvements. That’s all. And with him, we’re seeing that. This is good. We should all be happy about that and not overreact to every statement.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The crazy thing about the Mesar discourse over the last year is how sensitive people are about any praise or criticism. Criticizing an aspect of his game at a point in time does not mean you don’t like him or are saying he’s a bust. And praising an aspect does not make you a delusional fanboy.

He always had lots going for him but development takes time and when there are flaws, you point them out in hopes you’ll see improvements. That’s all. And with him, we’re seeing that. This is good. We should all be happy about that and not overreact to every statement.

Yes, the problem is the criticism that gets bashed are those who declared him a bust after one year and were ready to declare the race between Kulich and Mesar over.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have a hard time valuing the WJC much. Suzuki and Sergachev looked terrible while Poehling and Romanov looked like stars. Of course it's better to be good at the WJC than bad, but I still have serious doubts on how well he can translate into the NHL. Even though I would have drafted others ahead of him, I still had Mesar as a solid pick in the late 1st. Time will tell.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I have a hard time valuing the WJC much. Suzuki and Sergachev looked terrible while Poehling and Romanov looked like stars. Of course it's better to be good at the WJC than bad, but I still have serious doubts on how well he can translate into the NHL. Even though I would have drafted others ahead of him, I still had Mesar as a solid pick in the late 1st. Time will tell.
The good thing is he’s been consistently pretty great in Kitchener and is producing very well.

What I liked from the one game I saw of him at WJCs is that he seems to have another gear. That’s been a big question mark for me.

Almost 2PPG at the WJCs is prettt great. I don’t think we’ve had a key prospect score at that kind of rate there since I can remember. It matches with what we’ve seen from him this year in the O.

He’s not a slam dunk but he has terrific upside and has been playing up to that level just about all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad