Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Beck doesn't belong on a top 6

His offense just isn't enough unless he really takes the next step at the next level like danault. I don't expect it but I hope I'm wrong
Danault is a 50 pt foward with lots of ice time. Beck should be capable of that. He will likely play with somewhat lesser players on the 3rd line so he may not reach that level.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
:gift:
A1DzfdB6fPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Where do you have Mesar ranked at that point vs lets say Farrell?
I like Farrell and feel he has performed well with North American competition since his teens with players like Boldy, Zagras, Caufield, J Hughes, Turcotte, York, Coronato, etc.... Mesar can become a contributor for the Habs, but at this point, I prefer Farrell.

Last edited:

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Danault is a 50 pt foward with lots of ice time. Beck should be capable of that. He will likely play with somewhat lesser players on the 3rd line so he may not reach that level.
If Beck is more than your 4th line center, you are not winning the Stanley Cup. I say that and I love Beck.

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
he's mostly used as a winger but will take draws from time to time. I believe he said he prefers center but I could be wrong there. I don't really see him as a center at least not yet as he is very skinny and easily pushed off pucks so for now I would put him on the wing in Laval next season.

But if they wanted to try him at center next season, if Houle weren't the coach maybe they could try Farrell Mesar Roy as that would be fun to watch. Mesar and Roy would go well together since Mesar likes to rush the puck into the zone with speed and Roy knows he can't handle the puck for long so he gets rid of it quickly.

Thanks for the info/reply.

That would/could be fun to watch (Farrell-Mesar-Roy)....if Roy is still there when (whenever) Mesar re-joins Laval (I hope Roy is still there...for Mesar/Farrell...and so we can see this line happen...potential to be fun to watch). I hope they try Mesar at center (since we already know he can be a winger). If the can give him some chances (enough time) at CENTER it would give our Habs more options/depth (Mesar as a center/winger, and not only as a winger....but in the end center or winger or both..whatever will make Mesar the best he can be as a Hab, or first...as a Laval Rocket).

Cheers
Go Mesar Go!! (and..let's hope Mesar and Slaf will motivate each other to be the best they can be..whenever Mesar will be ready to be a Hab and join Slaf).

In the WJC he (Mesar) was used as a winger I believe same for Kitchener but Marty St-Louis played Mesar on the centre during pre season games.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

Thanks for the info. Maybe Marty St-Louis would like to see Mesar CENTER Slafkovsky one day...maybe. Or...maybe we will see Mesar on the RIGHT-wing and Slaf on the LEFT-wing (with Dach as their center....or Beck on the 3rd as their center? just to try and see if there is any chemistry).

Marty St-Louis can try many things to see if there is chemistry (and of course...Slaf and Mesar do not have to be on the same line!! But, trying it won't hurt!)

Future:
2nd line: Slaf - Dach - Mesar
or
3rd line: Slaf - Beck - Mesar
(yes you'd prefer Slaf on the 1st or 2nd line, but that could be a VERY solid 3rd line).

In the WJC he (Mesar) was used as a winger I believe same for Kitchener but Marty St-Louis played Mesar on the centre during pre season games.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

Thanks for the info. Maybe Marty St-Louis would like to see Mesar CENTER Slafkovsky one day...maybe. Or...maybe we will see Mesar on the RIGHT-wing and Slaf on the LEFT-wing (with Dach as their center....or Beck on the 3rd as their center? just to try and see if there is any chemistry).

Marty St-Louis can try many things to see if there is chemistry (and of course...Slaf and Mesar do not have to be on the same line!! But, trying it won't hurt!)

Future:
or
(yes you'd prefer Slaf on the 1st or 2nd line, but that could be a VERY solid 3rd line).

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Beck doesn't belong on a top 6

His offense just isn't enough unless he really takes the next step at the next level like danault. I don't expect it but I hope I'm wrong
It was more as a 3rd line option. Anyways...all for the future (maybe near future?, but Mesar may need some time in Laval...I wouldn't rush Mesar...then again he may have instant chemistry with Slaf in the NHL...we'll see...but easy does it....no rush...and I'd love to see Mesar tried as a center with Laval).

Future options:

or
or
Slaf - Mesar - Anderson/Roy/H-Pinard
(yes we'd prefer Slaf on the 1st or 2nd line, but that could be a VERY solid 3rd line...as usual time will tell).

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not really. Their stats are quite similar on PPG comparison.
Danault had a leg up on Beck offensively, and was drafted just 7 spots higher.
Draft year:​
Danault 67 pts in 64 games
Beck 51 points in 68 games

19 year old year:​
Danault 85 pts in 56 games (1.52 ppg)
Beck 67points in 56 games (projected from 30/25 now)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It was more as a 3rd line option. Anyways...all for the future (maybe near future?, but Mesar may need some time in Laval...I wouldn't rush Mesar...then again he may have instant chemistry with Slaf in the NHL...we'll see...but easy does it....no rush...and I'd love to see Mesar tried as a center with Laval).

Future options:

or
or
(yes we'd prefer Slaf on the 1st or 2nd line, but that could be a VERY solid 3rd line...as usual time will tell).
A 1oa pick on a 3rd line? Whaaaaaa?

Hopefully ur not serious

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Last year I feeling bad that Habs picked Mesar over Lambert//Kulich, but this year.... I believe that Habs have maybe make the right pick after all. Mesar show that he have top 6 potential. Maybe he is going to be the better offensive player between Lambert, Kulich and him. Who knows?! Nobody knows the future and Filip Mesar have high offensive talent. I'm confident that he can be a really good one at NHL level.

Jul 6, 2016

Future options:

or
or
Slaf will be a 1st line forward as he is now. Time for Habs to draft better top-six forwards

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
he does but he has the IQ that Mesar doesn't, he has more bite to his game then Mesar, and I think he's better defensively and I like his shot better. Both have great vision and playmaking.
One is 3 years older so it is difficult to compare. Mesar has shown the ability to make plays at high speeds and will probably be 190 pounds by the time he is 22.

Reactions: phillytennis

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Mesar's development curve has been pretty decent this year. For me, he is a top 6 or bust. Next year AHL and perhaps by 2025/26 he hits the show.

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Mesar
Roy - Beck - Heinemen

Obviously if we get a high end offensive talent this draft, it shakes things up.

Reactions: Pomee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mesar's development curve has been pretty decent this year. For me, he is a top 6 or bust. Next year AHL and perhaps by 2025/26 he hits the show.

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Mesar
Roy - Beck - Heinemen

Obviously if we get a high end offensive talent this draft, it shakes things up.
Maybe Florian Xhekaj and Luke Tuch end up on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad