Rumor: Filip Forsberg being actively shopped

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Preds must have known this was coming to a head. Why now? Why didn’t they deal him last summer?

The rumor is already being disputed and makes zero sense. We're in a playoff spot, Forsberg's playing at 1.16 PPG and we have Rinne's retirement and the stadium series going on this week, would be horrendous timing to announce this.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He's also shooting 23.2% on the season and has never had a PPG season before. It's not sustainable
He’s been close to a ppg twice before (last year and 17-18). In 17-18 he had 64p in 67 games. It’s not like he doesn’t have the ability. Remember his centers have mainly been Johansen and Granlund…. Which haven’t been top tier centers. I imagine you put him with a really good center and he can be a consistent ppg player

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
What does his next contract look like? 8x8?

Not comparable players, but I do think Brady Tkachuk's 8.2 x 7yrs will be what Forsberg will be looking for. I doubt he settles for less than what Duchene and Johansen are making (8.000 each). He's also not in the 9.000+ category of players, so 8.something just seems "fair"

Reactions: Richard88

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
What does his next contract look like? 8x8?
I think 8x$8.5M is fair. He deserves a bit more than Duchene and Johansen. A bit less than Josi. We've got so much cap space though that the number really doesn't make much difference. The only thing that matters is whether Forsberg wants to be here. And all indications and everything in his body language, interviews, post-game chats, everything says he does want to be here. So whoever came up with the bogus rumor about him being shopped is definitely not paying attention to the dynamic in Nashville. There is ZERO chance he gets traded.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
We're not trading a 1.16 PPG player for a .60PPG player. We'd rather lose Forsberg in the off-season.
Plus you would have to give the 0.60 ppg player a $7.5M QO. Face it Canucks fans, no one wants Boeser at anything remotely close to his on ice value due to his contract status.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Other GM simply asks if Forsberg is available/what it would cost.

OMGZ THE PREDS ARE ACTIVLEY SHOPPING FORSBERG

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I am still trying to wrap my head around this… tell me if I am wrong…

Can’t see why you’d trade him unless a) he’s not going to resign, b) still in playoff hunt and/or c) getting a good deal that includes a player to help here/now….

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I am still trying to wrap my head around this… tell me if I am wrong…

Can’t see why you’d trade him unless a) he’s not going to resign, b) still in playoff hunt and/or c) not getting a good deal that included a player to help here/now….

The only reasons we would move him is if he has flat out said he is not resigning or there is an offer even better than Erat for Forsberg.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don’t buy it . A way to pressure one side in contract talks or ?
Unless Forsberg has come out and said there is 100% no chance he resigns .

Jan 21, 2018
Other GM simply asks if Forsberg is available/what it would cost.

OMGZ THE PREDS ARE ACTIVLEY SHOPPING FORSBERG

Can you please provide a source on this?

Or are you just making up a fantasy scenario so you can feel better about losing Forsberg?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Teams in the central have moved impact UFAs while in a playoff spot before. For example a few years back the Blues traded Shattenkirk away while they were in a playoff spot. A couple years later they won the cup.

If they are getting a 1st plus a couple of good prospects, and they know that he's going to test free agency, it might make sense to see what the market is as they likely aren't beating the Avs and it would be a big hit to the org to let a player like that walk for nothing if you don't go on a deep run.

Maybe they move him, maybe they don't but I think every GM with an impact player heading into UFA should be making calls at the trade deadline to see if you keep them as your own rental or if you can get a price that makes sense to move them. It just should be standard operating procedure for the job.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Any chance an outside GM floats this in hopes it sours the contract talks?

I don't see how either Poile or Forsberg's side benefit from this leak at all. How does Forsberg's agent leaking this put pressure on Poile. You think Poile wouldn't know if he was shopping Forsberg?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Guess he doesn't want to to re-sign there.

As a rental, his value is the fairly standard 1st + B prospect + Salary. But if he's willing to sign with the acquiring team, then obviously the cost goes up significantly.

2023 1st + Zary/Pelletier/Coronato + Dube/Valimaki + Monahan for Forsberg signed to a longterm deal

Last edited:

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
If only Toews contract was up! Would be a great piece for the Hawks to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad