Rumor: Filip Forsberg being actively shopped

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm gathering Nashville is swinging for a homerun here. Forsberg is a legitimate star-superstar player. It might be pulling the pin on this season to move him, but if a team thinks he is their Stanley Cup piece, maybe it gets them a Seth Jarvis or Alex Newhook quality player, in which case it's probably worth it.

0% chance Jarvis gets traded for a rental

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I'm gathering Nashville is swinging for a homerun here. Forsberg is a legitimate star-superstar player. It might be pulling the pin on this season to move him, but if a team thinks he is their Stanley Cup piece, maybe it gets them a Seth Jarvis or Alex Newhook quality player, in which case it's probably worth it.

If the Canes wouldn’t trade Jarvis for 5 yrs of Eichel, I think you might be able to do the math here as well…they’re sure as heck not trading him for 30-ish games of Forsberg.

I highly doubt Newhook would be available for a rental either.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
One can see it though. Nashville are good but are they good enough to do anything?
Likely 4th in their division at best, setting up for Colorado or a pretty hot looking Calgary.
Forsberg UFA at the end of the year. They can pay him, surely, but will he want to try something else at the end of his prime?

But not a great look if they don't get a return that shuts up detractors.

Reactions: Soapdodger

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
H
He probably gets what Nashville traded away for Granlund... However Fiala then blossomed into a superstar

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He also was playing with like Mike Fisher or David Legwand for half his career.
Which is a fair argument, in better situations he'd probably have a PPG season or two. That doesn't make him a superstar to me, though. That's star production (which still makes him the #1 trade piece right now, maybe #2 behind Miller)

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Smart of them
Dallas should do the same
If you can’t sign your guys trade em for futures
Sneaking into the playoffs to maybe win a round isn’t worth it

Ledge And Dairy

While Forsberg is an excellent player, he simply doesn't return that caliber of prospect as a rental. Rental's never do.

This conversation has gone on all season with Hertl who is a similar caliber and value player.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Is he? I prefer my superstars to have a 50g season or two (he hasn’t scored 40 much less 50 once)…..maybe 100 pts a few times before I throw out that tag (his high is 64).

I appreciate the classic contract year good season though….he’s on fire.

He's never had a true #1 center on his line.

Give him a top-15 center and he'll be a 90 point player.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I wonder if Nashville is going to attempt to pursue a trade-and-sign with some team for Forsberg, similar to Seth Jones this offseason. If not, he may actually be more valuable as an own-rental, not unlike Dougie Hamilton for Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad