Rumor: Filip Forsberg being actively shopped

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Fisher I'll give you, but he played 18 games with Legwand on the same team, over two seasons.

3 seasons out of 8 with Fisher.

He played with Ribeiro until early 2017, when he started playing with Johansen. Once we got Duchene he played with both him and Johansen, although he's virtually only played with Duchene this season.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Difficult to believe this considering Nashville needs him for their own playoff run.
Their prospect cupboards are looking rather thin and they likley realize that it’ll be difficult to contend with or without him.
A guy like Tomasino can get a bigger role with Forsberg traded and they’ll get some nice pieces to build for the future.
Rebuild on the go, just like Boston and St.Louis has done before them.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Big deal. He was drafted as a RW, hes a good enough player that he can figure it out

It is a big deal to some players plus would cost way too much as a rental

so you see Panarin or Kreider moving to RW ?

forcing Laf there now

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Easily a top 10 LW in the entire league in my books. Elite goal scorer and really good defensively as well for a winger. Obviously he’s done it mostly without elite center help and I’m not sure another winger (on a decent to good team) has been looked at to be the face of the franchises offense as much as FF9 has over the last five years or so.

While he may not fit everybody’s definition of “superstar”, I think in a different situation with perhaps a star center or at least a star offensive team around him (no shade at Nashville who have been good this year, just thinking of him on a top line role in a team that is already a top 5-10 offense) where’s he’s racking up assist and PP points to go along with his amazing even strength goal scoring and I think he’s a lot closer to superstar status than most people realize.

He should cost a fortune and no team trading for him is going to do so without every intention of backing up the brinks truck to secure him long term.

He’s a flat out better player than even Hertl or Miller for me.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He played with Ribeiro until early 2017, when he started playing with Johansen. Once we got Duchene he played with both him and Johansen, although he's virtually only played with Duchene this season.

Okay? I didn't say anything about the quality of his C's, merely that mentioning Legwand is somewhat egregious.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Sell high.

It would be. a good decision. Don't think that Nashville has what it takes to compete with TB, Colorado, Carolina...

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Their prospect cupboards are looking rather thin and they likley realize that it’ll be difficult to contend with or without him.
A guy like Tomasino can get a bigger role with Forsberg traded and they’ll get some nice pieces to build for the future.
Rebuild on the go, just like Boston and St.Louis has done before them.

I'd argue we've got a top 10 prospect pool. We've had three great drafts in a row.

Anyway, I doubt he's moved, he's got the third best GPG in the league, it's been reported we're close on re-signing him and Josi, Saros are playing Norris/Vezina quality hockey and our forwards have been scoring a lot more than they ever did when we actually went to the finals. It'd make more sense to lose him for nothing at this point.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'd argue we've got a top 10 prospect pool. We've had three great drafts in a row.

Yeah, the Preds' pool is actually great considering their relatively middling draft position over the years. I would say that trading Forsberg isn't really a necessity or anything. Preds are in that position where even if they decide to let Forsberg walk, he's probably more valuable as an own-rental than as a trade piece. Remember that letting UFAs walk can also open up cap space to improve the club in other ways, IF said club is a willing spender (look at how Carolina, for example, essentially "traded" Hamilton for DeAngelo/Ian Cole/Brendan Smith via the UFA market). For big-spending clubs, UFA is basically a de-facto trade hub.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Is he? I prefer my superstars to have a 50g season or two (he hasn’t scored 40 much less 50 once)…..maybe 100 pts a few times before I throw out that tag (his high is 64).

I appreciate the classic contract year good season though….he’s on fire.
Not to be snotty, but you literally underlined 'superstar' but didn't underline the fact that I had hyphened it with 'star'. Essentially the point I was making is that an argument can be made that he is certainly an upper-tier star who can trend towards superstar, or possibly could be one outside of Nashville.
0% chance Jarvis gets traded for a rental

If the Canes wouldn’t trade Jarvis for 5 yrs of Eichel, I think you might be able to do the math here as well…they’re sure as heck not trading him for 30-ish games of Forsberg.

I highly doubt Newhook would be available for a rental either.

While Forsberg is an excellent player, he simply doesn't return that caliber of prospect as a rental. Rental's never do.

This conversation has gone on all season with Hertl who is a similar caliber and value player.

I figured that fans of the teams whose prospects I used as examples might bristle against the examples themselves. Please note, I said that 'caliber' of prospect. And I know that in most cases a rental doesn't get that. However, there are situations where a team is certain they are just a couple of pieces away from a cup with a limited window. Hell, to use an old example, the Rangers dealt Tony Amonte and Doug Weight for what amounted to middle tier vets with Stanley Cup pedigree.

Despite the long and prosperous careers of those players, flags fly forever. So if you think this is your one chance (not singling out Carolina or Colorado at all), then maybe the math changes.

H

He probably gets what Nashville traded away for Granlund... However Fiala then blossomed into a superstar
I think this is probably closer to the truth. What they are seeking is a team with a good young player whom they perhaps value less than Nashville does.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If he was more of a sign-and-trade, what would they want from the Sens?

Brady, Norris, Bath, Stutzle, and Forsberg makes up most of a very solid top 6 for years to come.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
As I said on the Preds board I'll go with Friedman's take on the situation.

If Poile thinks this team can go for the cup there is no way he trades Forsberg. Now if he doesn't believe they can get there then that opens the trade door. If he gets to the deadline and feels pretty confident he can get him signed, even if its after the season, then he will not trade him. However, if he hits the deadline and doesn't feel good about being able to sign him then he probably gets traded.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This is another case of UFA rental… forsberg/ hertl/ giroux. Not taking anything away from him, as he’s a good player. But the chances of getting top end prospects for a rental never really happens. Would probably have a better chance to get a better return with a stone type situation (let him agree to a deal before trade is completed).

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad