Rumor: Filip Forsberg being actively shopped

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Can you please provide a source on this?

Or are you just making up a fantasy scenario so you can feel better about losing Forsberg?

Can you please provide a source that is not the sideline reporter for another franchise on this?

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
He played for Laviolette for several years and was a Washington 1st Round pick. I'd love to see the Capitals go after him. Mantha, Lapierre, Sprong, 1st or 2nd round pick for Forsberg @ 6 years 8.2 million per season seems like fair value.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What would it cost from LA? If Nashville is going to rebuild, LA has enough pieces to make it work.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What would it cost from LA? If Nashville is going to rebuild, LA has enough pieces to make it work.
Nashville has already been going through a rebuild. Probably looking for an impact forward prospect/young roster player that's close to NHL ready and a 1st as a start. The return has to be strong enough that Poile is willing to gut our offense in the middle of a playoff run.

Jan 21, 2018
Can you please provide a source that is not the sideline reporter for another franchise on this?

Thanks for confirming that you have no source!

Nothing to see here folks, just an emotional predators fan that is trying to make himself feel better.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Their prospect cupboards are looking rather thin and they likley realize that it’ll be difficult to contend with or without him.
A guy like Tomasino can get a bigger role with Forsberg traded and they’ll get some nice pieces to build for the future.
Rebuild on the go, just like Boston and St.Louis has done before them.
But Boston didn't trade away Pastrnak in order to rebuild on the the go. The Blues have kept Tarasenko even though he has requested a trade. Sure re-buuild on the go, but you don't do that by trading away your best forward.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
But Boston didn't trade away Pastrnak in order to rebuild on the the go. The Blues have kept Tarasenko even though he has requested a trade. Sure re-buuild on the go, but you don't do that by trading away your best forward.
I think Poile really only considers it if it's a certainty Forsberg won't extend. I'd actually be upset if he wasn't shopping him around to see what kind of return he could get at this stage.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Get a 1st + A prospect, give him the wink, wink, we'll sign you for 9M x 8 years in the offseason and Poile makes out like a bandit.

Reactions: periferal

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Burakovsky(RFA), and Helleson or Barron for Forsberg. What more from the Avs?
Burakovsky isn't really an appealing return. Same age as Forsberg and also having to be re-signed to a sizable contract after putting up bloated numbers with the Avs the last few seasons. Preds are always deep on defense so the prospect/young player component being on the blueline also doesn't do much for us.

Honestly, don't have much interest in dealing with the Avs unless the offer is significantly better than any other team (ditto for the Blues). A potential first-round opponent and, in the event Forsberg talked extension (though I'm not sure the Avs cap would work for that), wouldn't want the possibility of having to play against him 4-5 times a season for the next 7-8 years.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bring me up to speed, is the reason they are shopping Forsberg is because they don't believe they can resign him?

Can Nashville "sign" him for $6mil x 6yr in theory?

Yes, then why not consider a swap with Pittsburgh for Bryan Rust? Scoring paces have been the same recently. Pittsburgh adds a bit to account for the age gap. Say, Rust+2nd for Forsberg? Rust is then resigned for a 6x6? Penguins worry about how to sign Forsberg later.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Bring me up to speed, is the reason they are shopping Forsberg is because they don't believe they can resign him?

Yes, then why not consider a swap with Pittsburgh for Bryan Rust? Scoring paces have been the same recently. Pittsburgh adds a bit to account for the age gap. Say, Rust+2nd for Forsberg? Rust is then resigned for a 6x6? Penguins worry about how to sign Forsberg later.

Nashville fans have no idea why he's being shopped or even if he is being shopped. All language regarding Forsberg resigning in Nashville has been very positive from both sides up to this point, and honestly this feels very off beat from the rest of the reports. It's possible Forsberg is asking for a lot and Poile is just doing his due diligence on what return he could get, but that's really the only scenario I can think of. Reports from Nashville's media are stating Forsberg has not given them any ultimatum or indication he is unwilling to re-sign in Nashville.

Reactions: Gh24

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Nashville fans have no idea why he's being shopped or even if he is being shopped. All language regarding Forsberg resigning in Nashville has been very positive from both sides up to this point, and honestly this feels very off beat from the rest of the reports. It's possible Forsberg is asking for a lot and Poile is just doing his due diligence on what return he could get, but that's really the only scenario I can think of. Reports from Nashville's media are stating Forsberg has not given them any ultimatum or indication he is unwilling to re-sign in Nashville.

Wow, thank you for this well structure, reasonable and polite response. I thank you good sir.

On that same note, I'm a little baffled myself as to why he's being shopped. Seems like the exact guy you would want to keep.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Wow, thank you for this well structure, reasonable and polite response. I thank you good sir.

On that same note, I'm a little baffled myself as to why he's being shopped. Seems like the exact guy you would want to keep.

He is. I think a lot of us Pred fans would rather lose him to free agency than accept some of these offers in this thread.

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017

also the timing makes no sense - with Pekka's number going to the rafters tonight and the outdoor game this weekend. Well it just makes no sense to take away from the good vibe

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Boston traded away Lucic, Hamilton and Smith in one offseason even though they were still playoff contenders at the time.

St.Louis traded away Shattenkirk while still in the playoff hunt, they ended up using that first rounder on Tage Thompson who ended up getting them O’Reilly.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Get a 1st + A prospect, give him the wink, wink, we'll sign you for 9M x 8 years in the offseason and Poile makes out like a bandit.

I love this line of thinking, but so rare for a pending UFA to get traded and then wind up back with that trading team.

Also I'd expect that any team offering a 1st and a A prospect would want an extension signed as part of the deal - Like Vegas did a few years back giving up Brannstrom to get Stone.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

The answer to the first question should be obvious: he's not actually being shopped.

But no, they can't re-sign him for 6x$6M. That would be an unrealistically low offer for our best forward. He has already been playing at a bit of a bargain for us relative to other contracts on the team. It would frankly be insulting to offer him that little. And based on recent contracts, I don't think Poile would play hardball like that. He has paid Johansen, Ellis, Ekholm, Josi, Duchene the established core types reasonably well recently. The team has ample cap space to pay Forsberg fairly. Anything less than 8x$8.5M for Forsberg in either term or $$$ should be considered "team friendly".

If Poile is a little stingy about anything, it's more likely to be NTC/NMC clauses. We can afford to pay Forsberg top dollar and he deserves it. But if there is any holdup it's more likely to be on those finer details.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad