Rumor: Filip Forsberg being actively shopped

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
In all his seasons here, Poile has never let credible rumor information slip out, despite pulling off some massive trades.

Then consider that tomorrow is Pekka's retirement ceremony and then Saturday is the Stadium series, and there's no way in hell that he'd have something like this leaking and casting a shadow on the team and events.

It's shameful that Strickland would put this out there this week. The OP should be edited with Pagnotta's follow up and frankly the thread should be locked. There's no chance of any truth to this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soundgarden

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If he was more of a sign-and-trade, what would they want from the Sens?

Brady, Norris, Bath, Stutzle, and Forsberg makes up most of a very solid top 6 for years to come.
If it's a sign and trade its going to hurt and probably involve someone you don't want to let go of. You are looking at a 1st + top prospect just to get started more than likely in that situation. Mainly because someone would probably be willing to let go of that to get him signed long term.

Also let me add if Poile isn't willing to sign him this means that he is looking for big money, term, and a NTC. It should probably make you take a step back if Poile is unwilling to give him the same. Cap space is not an issue for us.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Strickland is credible. He wouldn’t tweet that if he hadn’t heard it directly from someone in the know. He’s not one to throw out rumors on a whim.
Strickland has nothing to do with the Nashville franchise and has never broken anything having to do with us. I'd have a hard time believing he heard something before some more prominent names out there.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
In all his seasons here, Poile has never let credible rumor information slip out, despite pulling off some massive trades.

Then consider that tomorrow is Pekka's retirement ceremony and then Saturday is the Stadium series, and there's no way in hell that he'd have something like this leaking and casting a shadow on the team and events.

It's shameful that Strickland would put this out there this week. The OP should be edited with Friedman's follow up and frankly the thread should be locked. There's no chance of any truth to this one.
Poile can’t control what other GMs say after he floats trade ideas to them. Stop overreacting.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If it's a sign and trade its going to hurt and probably involve someone you don't want to let go of. You are looking at a 1st + top prospect just to get started more than likely in that situation. Mainly because someone would probably be willing to let go of that to get him signed long term.

Also let me add if Poile isn't willing to sign him this means that he is looking for big money, term, and a NTC. It should probably make you take a step back if Poile is unwilling to give him the same. Cap space is not an issue for us.

True. It would hinge a lot on his contract expectations. Can't be looking for over 9.000 though.. right? lol

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Poile can’t control what other GMs say after he floats trade ideas to them. Stop overreacting.
No he can't but every GM that deals with him knows that is how he operates. He has been known to back out of deals in years past just to prove that point.

I mean even the big 3 way deal between Colorado, Ottawa, and Nashville didn't break until it was basically done.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Posturing, if anything, going in to negotiations. Ekholm was speculated about as well and ended up extending with relatively little fuss.
I'd say it was more likely to be floated by his agent or that a GM just called up and Poile gave him a price. I think the " actively shopping " part of it is flat out wrong.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Rangers offer Chytil, Kravtsov, Lundkvist, 1st in 2022.
No. They don't.
Forsberg is a LW, and they already have Panarin, Kreider and Lafreniere. Why would you make a trade that creates an excess at a strength position of LW that takes away from an area that is already weak at C? Who plays 3C when you send Chytil down the road to Nashville? For a UFA no less? I guess you're the guy who throws everything in the fridge on the stove Monday Morning, and by the weekend you haven't eaten in days. SMH.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
We probably have different definition of a superstar then. To me, a superstar is McDavid, Matthews, Mackinnon. Guys with seasons of elite results

Forsberg is at best a star
Yup. Whoever pays big bucks for him will not be stoked. Great player but not elite. Will more than likely get pretty elite money

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Easily a top 10 LW in the entire league in my books. Elite goal scorer and really good defensively as well for a winger. Obviously he’s done it mostly without elite center help and I’m not sure another winger (on a decent to good team) has been looked at to be the face of the franchises offense as much as FF9 has over the last five years or so.

While he may not fit everybody’s definition of “superstar”, I think in a different situation with perhaps a star center or at least a star offensive team around him (no shade at Nashville who have been good this year, just thinking of him on a top line role in a team that is already a top 5-10 offense) where’s he’s racking up assist and PP points to go along with his amazing even strength goal scoring and I think he’s a lot closer to superstar status than most people realize.

He should cost a fortune and no team trading for him is going to do so without every intention of backing up the brinks truck to secure him long term.

He’s a flat out better player than even Hertl or Miller for me.

First years Ovechkin was pretty much all Caps got. 50 goals as a rookie with who?!

Halpern & Zubrus..

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
First years Ovechkin was pretty much all Caps got. 50 goals as a rookie with who?!

Halpern & Zubrus..

I don't think Ovechkin, the greatest goalscorer of all time is a valid benchmark unless it's against another generational player.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Strickland has nothing to do with the Nashville franchise and has never broken anything having to do with us. I'd have a hard time believing he heard something before some more prominent names out there.
Why do you assume this is coming from Nashvilles side?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
i would think la would be of some interest as his best friend is playing there.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
We probably have different definition of a superstar then. To me, a superstar is McDavid, Matthews, Mackinnon. Guys with seasons of elite results

Forsberg is at best a star

Just curious. Which category do you put Marner in?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If that's true, it probably means Forsberg priced himself out of Nashville and is looking to get paid.
They pissed him off with the trades and he was outspoken. I think the relationship soured then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad