FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.17 - Bored, Now. Make another Trade Happen, Nonis!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I'm pretty sure the Kings will have no choice but to give up a pretty good asset at least. They really can't afford to keep 4.8M of dead cap space moving forward.

I'll take their first and Weal though if those players aren't moving. That first could be mid teens too.

That 1st round pick is a must.

The difference between phaneuf and Richards imo should not be separated on weal alone

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
As far as the LA-Toronto thing goes, I've gone on record here a few times saying I'd happily take Richards back as part of a package.

However, I don't think the Toronto Maple Leafs should be in the business of doing LA any favours. If Dean Lombardi is stubborn and won't make a beneficial deal with our club then we need to go elsewhere. If that means Phaneuf stays for next season then so be it.

The Kings have two Cups. They can pull themselves out of their own cap hell if they feel they can trade Richards, or make other moves for a useful piece without adding anything.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Winnik will be a pretty damn useful player for the team that gets him.

Nothing wrong with asking.

Nothing wrong with asking for sure. But I doubt we get it.

We didn't get it for Santa(if you go the whole Franson/1st, Santa/Leipsic route).

And we were asking for 1st+prospect for Franson and that didn't happen. Typical negotiation for sure, but I'd be shocked if it happened.

As for Bozak, if someone offered a 1st, and I was the GM he'd be gone already.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Richards is DONE! Manchester Monarchs? :laugh: HE was on waivers. No one picked him up. Salary is a concern but he has deteriorated. Are the Leafs rebuilding? Why would they pick him up?

If fans accept him getting traded to the Leafs, that would be more evidence of how delusional and gullible Leaf fans are.

if we could trade phanuef for Richards + 1st rounder+ B prospect id do that, we need to reach the cap floor somehow, and if he became the player he once was with the extra ice time we would give him we could hit a home-run with that trade.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Dave Nonis on the Nashville trade

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753463

On Jokinen:

Olli hasn't played a lot, he has been in and out of the lineup there. Our plan with Olli would be to get him playing, get his game to the highest possible level and I wouldn't be surprised if there are playoff teams that would be calling us to see if we would move him. He's a quality veteran that would provide a team that has a chance to win some depth. Our immediate goal is to get him up and get him playing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I honestly think Franson has more Value than Bozak.

Late 1st for Franson, and I'm guessing an early/mid 2nd for Bozie

No not the case. He is a 40+ pt guy on a reasonable contract with term. I would say late 1st prospect.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If we can get a 2nd for Winnik. This will be a good deal. Anything additional is gravy.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun · 2h 2 hours ago
Leafs are not close yet on a Winnik trade. Lots of interest but can wait until price is met. Want a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and a prospect

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

It's pretty much the only thing to hope for.

With the Leafs likely dealing Bozak soon, Jokinen will be the default third line center, fighting it out with Trevor ****ing Smith.

So I'm sure Jokinen could increase his value a little bit. He'll also play with fellow countrymen Leo Komarov, so perhaps there could be some chemistry. :nod:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
if we could trade phanuef for Richards + 1st rounder+ B prospect id do that, we need to reach the cap floor somehow, and if he became the player he once was with the extra ice time we would give him we could hit a home-run with that trade.

Agreed.

Ultimately as a rebuilding team, our capspace for the next ~3 years should be used in order to maximize trade returns. Richards can be bought out 3-4 years from now if needed if we're actually a good young emerging team that could actually start to use the capspace.

Not to mention Richards could look better with increased icetime and could be a good leader through a rebuild.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Well, since we're moving guys early rather than later, Bozak's gotta be next to go. I'm also not sold on keeping Holland either, but that's just my personal opinion. Do we see another deal this weekend?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
If we can get a 2nd for Winnik. This will be a good deal. Anything additional is gravy.

I think the Santorelli return suggests that Winnik probably isn't going to fetch a 2nd.

Nothing wrong with the Leafs aiming high on the price, but it will have to come down before he's dealt.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I think the Santorelli return suggests that Winnik probably isn't going to fetch a 2nd.

Nothing wrong with the Leafs aiming high on the price, but it will have to come down before he's dealt.

Really because I think the prospect we got essientially is equivalent to a 2nd haha

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Well, since we're moving guys early rather than later, Bozak's gotta be next to go. I'm also not sold on keeping Holland either, but that's just my personal opinion. Do we see another deal this weekend?

Now that a trade happened... I want MORE.

But probably not. Nonis had a quick press conference earlier, so that means they are probably done for the day.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

Possibly in the next couple of days, you still have to treat Bozak as an asset and wait for a proper return

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Really because I think the prospect we got essientially is equivalent to a 2nd haha

See I disagree with this. In a deep draft a mid-second is like a late 1st in a regular draft. We just gave up a late 1st in a regular draft for that guy. It's not a total loss IMO, but we left something on the table i think.

That said, these Gaallagher/Marchand sandpaper guys can be very useful on a team.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

Bozak yeah, but Holland? Outside of his struggles recently (which can be said about the rest of the team sans Rielly), he's been good

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
It's pretty much the only thing to hope for.

With the Leafs likely dealing Bozak soon, Jokinen will be the default third line center, fighting it out with Trevor ****ing Smith.

So I'm sure Jokinen could increase his value a little bit. He'll also play with fellow countrymen Leo Komarov, so perhaps there could be some chemistry. :nod:

I think it probably signals a trade for one of our centers but I'm not sure it'll be Bozak, Kadri's name is out there too and I don't think Jokinen, will be playing 4th line minutes, if they are trying to get something for him and it sure sounds like he doesn't want to be here, there are only a few weeks until the trade deadline.

ihlmvp

Jul 26, 2009
Early Franson Trade Seeds Phaneuf Possibilities

By taking Franson off the market 2 weeks ahead of deadline, the Leafs have reduced rental Dmen options for teams in the hunt. Whether it's enough or not, Phaneuf just became more attractive.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Pittsburg maybe? They are signalling they are going for it at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad