FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.17 - Bored, Now. Make another Trade Happen, Nonis!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
For a trade of salary.

From what I hear, Richards has really slowed down. This is the type of player the Leafs usually trade for. If they get him back, it shows this rebuild is a sham.

It's not about Richards only, it's what comes with him that will make this apart of the rebuild.

Of course, if the Leafs don't get anything back in terms of future asset(s) with Richards, then I will definitely be baffled.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jordan Weal, Christian Thomas, and Michael Bournival.

Don't shoot for the moon there Nonis

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
For a trade of salary.

From what I hear, Richards has really slowed down. This is the type of player the Leafs usually trade for. If they get him back, it shows this rebuild is a sham.

It wouldn't be to get Richards, it would be to get more value for Phaneuf. Consider Richards 5.8M worth of salary retention on Phaneuf, I'm sure we'd get WAY more for Dion at 1.2 effective cap hit than 7.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
The flood gates OPEN

Dreger's player trade probabilities are laughable.

The question of the poll is, who will be traded before or at the trade deadline.

All 22 on the roster as of today are included

EDIT: Multiple choices, anonymous

Last edited:

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Why not Jokinen doesn't want to be here and will eventually be traded anyway and LA was the team that drafted him, so another small player but a good prospect in Weal and most are saying for a sixth or seven pick is all Jokinen will get.

Please stop.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Jordan Weal, Christian Thomas, and Michael Bournival.

Don't shoot for the moon there Nonis

We have only been offering lesser assets. We aren't landing teams top prospects with Bozak, Winnik, Santo, Franson, etc.

Players like Leipsic/Brown/Johnson/Weal/etc would be great to have in our system all at once. Watch them develop as a group and before we know it our cupboards will be full with ready, cost-controlled 2nd/3rd liners

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Jokinen getting Weal? :biglaugh:

The guy has six points in forty eight games, and next to no playoff experience at all. If we retain most of his salary we may find someone crazy enough to take him for a 6th or 7th. Maybe.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I think the Leafs want to take a chance on Richards and believe he could benefit from a change of scenery and bigger minutes. Some say he's done but if you can get Richards along with a pick and another good young asset, it could be worth it.

It's interesting at least.

It wouldn't be to get Richards, it would be to get more value for Phaneuf. Consider Richards 5.8M worth of salary retention on Phaneuf, I'm sure we'd get WAY more for Dion at 1.2 effective cap hit than 7.
Richards is DONE! Manchester Monarchs? :laugh: HE was on waivers. No one picked him up. Salary is a concern but he has deteriorated. Are the Leafs rebuilding? Why would they pick him up?

If fans accept him getting traded to the Leafs, that would be more evidence of how delusional and gullible Leaf fans are.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

The guy has six points in forty eight games, and next to no playoff experience at all. If we retain most of his salary we may find someone crazy enough to take him for a 6th or 7th. Maybe.

Yeah there is absolutely no way we get more than a conditional 6th/7th for OJ.

I would trade Winnik for Weal if we can't get a 2nd for him

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Bozak has good stats and teams need a 2nd line center. He should fetch something of value. Mostly because the pickings of 2nd line centers being available for trade is slim. That was ditto for RH-ed dmen.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
I think the Leafs want to take a chance on Richards and believe he could benefit from a change of scenery and bigger minutes. Some say he's done but if you can get Richards along with a pick and another good young asset, it could be worth it.

It's interesting at least.

Author of the article insists no good prospects will be a part of the trade. Apperently Toffoli, Pearson, Zykov, Kemp, and Shore are all considered untouchable for any player on the Leafs Roster (guessing that somehow includes JVR, Reilly, and Phaneuf XD)

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

the Leafs may be adding something to the trade, who Knows.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Richards is DONE! Manchester Monarchs? :laugh: HE was on waivers. No one picked him up. Salary is a concern but he has deteriorated. Are the Leafs rebuilding? Why would they pick him up?

If fans accept him getting traded to the Leafs, that would be more evidence of how delusional and gullible Leaf fans are.

I don't think you get it. Actually, you don't get it.

It's not about Richards. It's about what comes with him that makes this a rebuild trade for the Leafs.

It's clear that no team wants that contract, even for free (waivers). Teams will want to work a trade with the Kings so that they can an incentive to pick him up.

The Leafs will have a ton of cap space following this purge of players. Richards contract hurts but it's not going to be an issue too much... and who knows, maybe he gets back on the saddle with a change of scenery, maybe he's just as bad... but at least we'll have a great asset or two for the rebuild.

If Richards is acquired without any future assets coming with him, then I'll agree with you, but that's not going to happen.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Author of the article insists no good prospects will be a part of the trade. Apperently Toffoli, Pearson, Zykov, Kemp, and Shore are all considered untouchable for any player on the Leafs Roster (guessing that somehow includes JVR, Reilly, and Phaneuf XD)

I'm pretty sure the Kings will have no choice but to give up a pretty good asset at least. They really can't afford to keep 4.8M of dead cap space moving forward.

I'll take their first and Weal though if those players aren't moving. That first could be mid teens too.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I honestly think Franson has more Value than Bozak.

Late 1st for Franson, and I'm guessing an early/mid 2nd for Bozie

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I don't think you get it. Actually, you don't get it.

It's not about Richards. It's about what comes with him that makes this a rebuild trade for the Leafs.

It's clear that no team wants that contract, even for free (waivers). Teams will want to work a trade with the Kings so that they can an incentive to pick him up.

The Leafs will have a ton of cap space following this purge of players. Richards contract will be fine... and who knows, maybe he gets back on the saddle with a change of scenery, maybe he's just as bad... but at least we'll have a great asset or two for the rebuild.

If Richards is acquired without any future assets coming with him, then I'll agree with you, but that's not going to happen.

I don't agree with you often Dave but hit the nail on the head with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad