F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He reminds me of Fantilli.

He's very good, but he's missing that superstar excitement factor.

He's big, skates well, good defensively, has a lot of offensive ability, but at the same time, I feel like there are better players in just about every category. It's incredibly early, but he'll almost certainly be a top 5 pick for his draft, barring something crazy happening, but personally I like Hagens better from the 2025 draft right now. I prefer his line-mate Catton to him also.

Not taking anything away from him being younger than everyone at this tournament. He's very good. Just not sure he's great, unless it's one of those players who is great because he's consistently very good every game and the sum is a player who produces better than everyone else.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Assist on the opening goal and then did it all himself in overtime to score the GWG. 4 pts in 3 games (goal in each game) as an underager in the tournament. 21 points in 16 games between Saginaw and the U17 this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hagens looks like the better player to me. He looks like arguably the best player we’ve seen since McDavid, and at least the level Bedard is viewed at.

Misa, I think he’s below that and very much comparable to Fantilli. Long way to go, but Hagens looks like the better player.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Hagens looks like the better player to me. He looks like arguably the best player we’ve seen since McDavid, and at least the level Bedard is viewed at.

Misa, I think he’s below that and very much comparable to Fantilli. Long way to go, but Hagens looks like the better player.

You seem to make an awful lot of assumptions based on watching a player 1-2 times, and spend a great deal of time telling us how Bedard, Fantilli and Misa aren't as good as the rest of us purport them to be. We get it.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

High praise, even above Matthews - it’ll be interesting to see where he plays in his draft year.

It’ll be fun to see how he stacks up to Matthews who was also a late birthday.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You seem to make an awful lot of assumptions based on watching a player 1-2 times, and spend a great deal of time telling us how Bedard, Fantilli and Misa aren't as good as the rest of us purport them to be. We get it.

You seem mad at my opinion. If I put it the other way, would you react the same way? I think not.

MateORome

Nov 7, 2022
Everything is done to excite me about a franchise talent but precedents make me relativize.

Wright was on the same footing in 2019/20. Bedard hasn't exploded as much as expected in 2020/21. Other 2007/2008 players are on very high bases.

I think we are witnessing a new phenomenon: the trivialization of players who explode into midget age. But the progression curve will slow down for the most part.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Everything is done to excite me about a franchise talent but precedents make me relativize.

Wright was on the same footing in 2019/20. Bedard hasn't exploded as much as expected in 2020/21. Other 2007/2008 players are on very high bases.

I think we are witnessing a new phenomenon: the trivialization of players who explode into midget age. But the progression curve will slow down for the most part.
Wright had a whole year of development taken from him and what are you talking about with Bedard? He’s on pace for something like 130 pts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wright had a whole year of development taken from him and what are you talking about with Bedard? He’s on pace for something like 130 pts.

They were both looked at as potentially generational their first CHL season, and then the consensus shifted to they are very good, but not generational.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England

Bédard was 2 points a game at 15 in the WHL and the u18s, I’ll wait until the u18s to draw any conclusions for Hagens’ 15/16 year old season, looks a good player but I wouldn’t go that far

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Bedard was dynamic as a 15 year old in the WHL but the advanced numbers suggest he was quite lucky, on an insane hot streak.

I don't think Bedard is generational, or at least not quite there, but I will say that he has absolutely progressed as a player (some warts to iron still) and that his team having below par talent sure doesn't do much to optimize his production on a nightly basis. Svozil is a decent prospect, Howe has good potential and is a fine player in his own right today, but Suzdalev has been a disappointment from my viewings and the defense outside of Svozil seems to be the number one enemy of the Pats' transition game. Literally a bottom feeder roster that happens to have the WHL's most dynamic prospect in ages.

Back to the topic, this will be an interesting match to watch. Misa is someone I've somewhat familiar with but want to see a full game from before I speak undeniable truths. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad