F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I think he's a very good player, but not exceptional. It's another Hockey Canada attempt at serving as the recruiting body for the CHL. which it should not be doing.
Jack Hughes heading to NTDP after being denied probably played a decent factor in their decision

Reactions: Bubbles

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think he's a very good player, but not exceptional. It's another Hockey Canada attempt at serving as the recruiting body for the CHL. which it should not be doing.

I guess time will tell but there is also pressure to not lose star players to other programs outside of the CHL as well.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I guess time will tell but there is also pressure to not lose star players to other programs outside of the CHL as well.

Seems very much the situation here, there were rumours that the Steel were more than willing to have him.

Celebrini also chose the USHL over the WHL recently.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Seems very much the situation here, there were rumours that the Steel were more than willing to have him.

Celebrini also chose the USHL over the WHL recently.

I guess Celebrini won't be going to Seattle then?

The Steel seem to be a super team in the USHL.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
USHL got stricter after DeAngelo played at 15 and got injured.

How physically developed was he?

For example, my older brother was 6ft 200 lbs (obviously with some pudge) with a full beard at 13. At 14 in Bantam I was 6ft 180lbs, only made AA due to my size, I handle the puck like a grenade. My brother wasn't into sports, preferred the guitar to get laid, but I think that size should factor in. If you're 13 and already a man, you should be able to play junior if you're good enough IMO

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
How physically developed was he?

For example, my older brother was 6ft 200 lbs (obviously with some pudge) with a full beard at 13. At 14 in Bantam I was 6ft 180lbs, only made AA due to my size, I handle the puck like a grenade. My brother wasn't into sports, preferred the guitar to get laid, but I think that size should factor in. If you're 13 and already a man, you should be able to play junior if you're good enough IMO

Meanwhile I had to wait to be 21 to hit 200lbs, starting from a 135lbs cornerback at 15 yo to end linebacker in football. People have such different physical development curves, many crap shots in hockey drafts compared to the NFL where boys are all men.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
In the OHL (preseason) debut
vs Bulldogs

0+2 (both assists were primary)
3 sog
7/10 at face-offs

Hamilton had these players among their line up tonight :
Avery Hayes, Logan Morrison, Gavin White, Jorian Donovan,
Cole Brown. Patrick Thomas + 4 others players who had some
games last season for them also

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
I think so too, but I think it was above all age that played a part.

Misa was very close to being eligible. Roobroeck is 7 months younger.

2 exceptional players in the same league in the same year was too much for CHL.

Anyway, I think we should stop with these models of closed leagues and adopt the European model with sports structures that can raise and lower young players in category when they want.

We should also develop senior regional leagues to prevent talents from wasting their time in the junior leagues and also improve the living environment of professional players who have to travel from one end of the continent to the other. This involves dissolving the ECHL to promote the development of 6 regional pro leagues.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think so too, but I think it was above all age that played a part.

Misa was very close to being eligible. Roobroeck is 7 months younger.

2 exceptional players in the same league in the same year was too much for CHL.

Anyway, I think we should stop with these models of closed leagues and adopt the European model with sports structures that can raise and lower young players in category when they want.

We should also develop senior regional leagues to prevent talents from wasting their time in the junior leagues and also improve the living environment of professional players who have to travel from one end of the continent to the other. This involves dissolving the ECHL to promote the development of 6 regional pro leagues.

While I don't disagree with you that's alot of moving parts involving alot of different people with different agendas so extremely unlikely to happen.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I'll admit I wasn't too high on Misa compared to a few higher end prospects but he's proving me wrong

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
What’s his skating and overall speed looked like in those games? Like most I wasn’t publicly aware of this player until the OHL cup Performance but all of the news articles I read at the time praised his speed.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
What’s his skating and overall speed looked like in those games? Like most I wasn’t publicly aware of this player until the OHL cup Performance but all of the news articles I read at the time praised his speed.
Wait a month and you'll be able to catch his OHL games/highlights.

I'm interested to see his physical growth. He's 5'10 right now but doesn't turn 16 until February.

Reactions: grentthealien

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Wait a month and you'll be able to catch his OHL games/highlights.

I'm interested to see his physical growth. He's 5'10 right now but doesn't turn 16 until February.

I saw the Spirits Blue and White game at camp, and Im honestly surprised at how big he looked. I expected a twig. Saginaw has him listed at 5-11 160 after thier pre season measurements. Hell put on weight though being young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad